What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stadium design feedback

Got a thread over in the growroom design, but I need some of the vert guys, so I thought I'd post a few questions over here.

Vert stadium, bulb placement. The base of the bulb should be level with the uppermost colas? Or should it be dropped down a bit into the canopy?

My low ceilings are coming into effect here. 6.5' ceilings, my uppermost shelf is ~42" putting 20" plants 6" from the ceiling. Meaning my bulbs are gonna be pretty much bolted onto a board on the ceiling.

But... with ~40" vertical canopy right now, and intent to use 1000w bulbs (600's are still an option... kinda. I've got (4) 1kw, or (4) 600w.....) if I cut the shelves down, I'm cutting down the canopy as well. So say a 36" canopy, vertically. Am I still getting full use of my 1kws? Or with a 36" canopy, am I better off with running 600's, despite 1600w less power?

This is a work in progress, I'd love to get this up and running ASAP.

This is one of my racks, I stopped construction after realizing how close they were going to get to the ceiling. Gotta take the shelves off this one and cut another 6" off the vertical posts, I believe.

vGS6IDj.jpg

Measurements were also taken with 3gal containers as a model. I'll be using 2 gallons, I just wanna be a little conservative in case I accidently overveg a little Can't have stuff running into the ceiling.

CannaSavant

i tried to keep the bulbs in the center of the tiers. my design Icould raise them up or down and stagger height. plus everything was on a light mover. love the idea. great work.

CannaSavant

great idea, how do you have room to water each one?

I had my stadium on castors and just pushed them back to get in to water. used a trashcan for a res and used a pump and poly tubing to water each one. piece of cake. super easy to set up for auto fed. I built both sides for 300 bucks. wood , screws , castors, paint and fiberglass resin to water proof.

I was planning on using Mr_D's auto watering design, but in the meantime I just kill the lights and turn on an overhead fluoro. I could probably get away with squeezing in there with lights on, but I've lost enough skin to hot bulbs to last this lifetime.

12 ft long, roughly 8 ft apart at the furthest point. I feel like I'll likely end up with it closer to 6-7 ft, depending on the light intensity getting to the top row. Once I get my lights lined up I'll be able to see how deep they penetrate.

Not sure what's taking so long to ship my order. It's always shipped within 24 hours. Was expecting my package by now.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
So you just wheel one side forward, get behind the rack and then water it from behind? Sounds easy enough...

So, 3 rows of smaller plants... are you gonna use a trellis? You will have to attach the trellis to your racks somehow, so that you dont fuck shit up when youre wheelin it around.

Just stating the obvious, looks good.

I have found that betweee. 2.5' -3' bulb spacing is best in rooms like these

Latest posts

Latest posts