What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dab on this, then attempt to build a 12k growroom

DabOnDabs

Veteran
868U41K.jpg

GLOBBBBSSSSSS of the nightmare shatter

Sup IC,

I figured I'de drop in on the design forum to log my new build..

The house is 1800 sq ft, and the entire basement is gonna be sealed off and used for the grow; The power feed to the house was a P.O.S. That was the first thing to go. Installed a 200 amp service feed, inspector comes tomorrow to check it out.

Upgrading to:

Veg Room
2 - 4' Single Bulb T5's for clones
4 - 4' 2 bulb t12 shop lights for moms
1 - 4' 8 bulb T5's for teens
1 - 1000w enhanced blue MH bulb for heavy veg

Flower Room

Dxhydro 125 amp load center + custom lighting controller
12 - 1000w Digital Ballast
3 - 8'' 750 CFM Fans w/ carbon filters exhausting hot air into my house for a nice warm winter
1 - 12'' 1050 CFM Fan w/ intake filter pulling cool air in
1 - Sentinel Climate Controller

Already have 36 Nightmare OG's from Sin City Seeds vegging at another location. Will choose the best 18, and stick them in flower Dec 1st.

5 Gallon Buckets, 80:20 Perlite:Coco Ratio
Jacks Hydroponics Nutes @ 1.2EC ph 5.6-6.1

Uploading Pics now, will post later tonight, and continue throughout my build.
:peacock:

lifetime

If you plan on removing that hard-plastic tiled floor, the tool you do it with can destroy your hands. Wear gloves, and be ready for a long day.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
They pop up easily with a screwdriver and a hammer... It appears that there was quite a bit of Home Depot mexican labor in the basement.... Demo was cake.

anon0988

Beautiful idea. Some day I hope to upgrade to something of that size. Working on mastering a smaller setup first though.

hvac guy

The panel pic looks like the loadcenter is mounted outdoors, the telco/cable box is there so I thought it was mounted outside.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
The panel pic looks like the loadcenter is mounted outdoors, the telco/cable box is there so I thought it was mounted outside.

You are correct, that is the main panel..I have a 1.5'' pipe drilled through the brick to run wire for my 125amp subpanel in the basement

DabOnDabs

Veteran
small supdate;

Got the first of many shipments today, my lighting controller.. I was gonna build it myself, but decided i might wanna buy one first and reverse engineer it rather than doing some guesswork on something that could kill me...
psEjaQv.jpg

UAsAldg.jpg

Expecting a truck load from fedex today, cant wait for early christmas!

hvac guy

That loadcenter won't pass code if inspected by ESA, it needs a seperate enclosure to house the three contactors, violates NEC/CEC. It is built well, but that minor issue would not pass. I also wouldn't trust that wally world digital timer, should be using an Aube or Honeywell. Also should have wired each receptacle seperately to the contactors, the contactors will have 4 extra quick connect terminal lugs. Wire is 12awg, which is 20A and total power from 2 receptacles is 20, should have used 10awg.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Hello, nice set up plans.
What are these relays in the panel for? I seen them but don't understand the purpose. I just use from breaker to outlet.

the relays are triggered by the timer which activates the outlet. The timer turns all 12 220v outlets on and off at the same time

DabOnDabs

Veteran
That loadcenter won't pass code if inspected by ESA, it needs a ground lug and a seperate enclosure to house the three contactors, violates NEC/CEC. It is built well, but these two minor issues would not pass. I also wouldn't trust that wally world digitl timer, should be using an Aube or Honeywell.

Dont you like the siemens load center too??? I.E. pay for siemens, get smallest home depot box...There are a couple things on this box im a little dissapointed about, and thought i paid extra for....

It wont be getting checked by any inspector, just the main panel was, and it already passed...

As far as safety, I trust this box more than a C.A.P, or power box controller... I will definitely be changing the timer.

Latest posts

Latest posts