What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

its only a plant, it should be legal to us all right??

CANNABEST

"its only plants, and its put on this earth by GOD, so it should be legal and free to everyone. let it all be legalize, etc, etc."

ok, so I been hearing this same shit for a long time, and seems like most people are with this legalization. thinking its more good than bad. with WA and CO already doing it. and not long till more states and country follows. and, im sure a lot of you are thinking the same.

so let me ask those a question, if it is only a plant than why not also legalize coca plants???

it is also a plant made by GOD, no?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
the coca plant is fine i think it should be legal.. the process which they turn it into cocaine is unnatural as big pharma... hence where we come into the problems...

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there should be no drug laws period. the whole entire drug war is a tool of racism and fascism.

CANNABEST

the coca plant is fine i think it should be legal.. the process which they turn it into cocaine is unnatural as big pharma... hence where we come into the problems...

so you saying, we can go buy some acres in cali somewhere and grow fields of coca, wholesale it to a 3rd party make my money. and whatever they do with the leafs will not relate back to me?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
so you saying, we can go buy some acres in cali somewhere and grow fields of coca, wholesale it to a 3rd party make my money. and whatever they do with the leafs will not relate back to me?

honostly i think a person should be able to do anything they want in this life as long as it dont hurt someone else.

so i guess my answer is that yes farmers should grow along with people should be able to do what they want. if they want coke then thats fine. its the problems where they turn to coke heads and start impacting other people. otherwise i dont give two shits what you do.

CANNABEST

there should be no drug laws period. the whole entire drug war is a tool of racism and fascism.

so you think all drugs, cocaine, heroin, meth, opium, etc etc should all be legal to buy at the counter drug store?
"how would you like to shoot your H today, mr. Zeppelin?"

what kind of shit are you smoking!???? lol......

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
the only thing i can think of is this. its law in many countries to have to wear a helmet if you are on a bike..

this doesnt really benefit the government, or any thing else, its to protect people from their own stupidity. some people really dont have the intelligence to use their common sense etc. these people do still need to be told what to do.

put drugs into a similar bracket and it makes the law easier to swallow. plus im pretty sure most people are anti drugs- im not! and obviously no one here is.. but many are completely against still.

plus if we had complete free will, our choices will effect other people so say i had a load of acid or coke or whatever and did something i thought was clever i could possibly harm someone else in the process. whatever it may be.

CANNABEST

honostly i think a person should be able to do anything they want in this life as long as it dont hurt someone else.

so i guess my answer is that yes farmers should grow along with people should be able to do what they want. if they want coke then thats fine. its the problems where they turn to coke heads and start impacting other people. otherwise i dont give two shits what you do.

yes, in a perfect world. we would have the right to do whatever we want, walk in public nude. grow, smoke, party like the 70 hippies with no worries and no bills bs. but in the real world how everything is controlled by the authority. we have laws and do not have that luxury.
I guess what I want to know is, how can we make it legal to grow fields of coca. if we need a license to grow mmj now. lol

offthehook

Veteran
To ignore & outsmart would be the answer to that.

Law of the jungle man. ;)

What other law would you be willing to accept under authoritarian rule?

There's no discomphort in beeing a sheep, Just make sure you are going to be one hell of a smart sheep! eheh.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so you think all drugs, cocaine, heroin, meth, opium, etc etc should all be legal to buy at the counter drug store?

yes they should. If you had ever done any research at all on the drug war or its consequences you would agree; instead of making ignorant ass, foot in your mouth comments, like the one you just made.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
most of us understand the drugs war. tbh i think your not really looking at the wider picture hash zeppelin. the war on drugs is bulshit and all to do with democracy and government. but if we had no government making laws most likely we would still end up making these rules.

for example imagine we can all do as we want right? those inclined to go around high on h or weed or whatever drug of choice. when they catch alight to their house next door or whatever and then consequently your own house because they were holding a cigerette and passed out would you still think the same?- i know that can happen already but things like that would be more frequent.

we all want a perfect world.. unfortunately we dont and will never have that. common sense wins over nonsense so drug war or not most likely it would be too chaotic to legalise everything.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
To the OP:

The whole point of the idea of all drugs being legal is the fact that the organized crime violence would not exist. The drug war would not exist. All of the Mexican/Colombian/etc. cartels would not exist. And neither would our legal system plugged up with drug users, at the expense of tax payers paying for their three hots 'n a cot.

Sure, you'd still have the irresponsible crackheads and junkies that can't control themselves. But unfortunately that's the nature of some people until they either die or figure it out. At the same time, DRUGS, in all forms, will never go away.

An altered state of mind has become a way of human nature for many. If not most if you want to be technical. And that's not going to suddenly change.

And for your original question, as somebody said, it's not the coca plant. It's the extraction process that produces COCAINE.

The cannabis plant isn't exactly comparable for obvious reasons.

And by "God" you mean Mother Nature... or evolution... Well Mother Nature and evolution has brought about many other things that are harmless until modified by man. Let alone anything that is completely naturally occuring that would be harmful to man or another species. And vice versa. The present state of our planets evolution has been worst impacted by man and at the current rate, will go further downhill without more responsibility.

In other (stoned) words... the coca plant didn't do anything wrong.

It's just not even a slightly valid comparison...

ericcopainting

i like the black market.......i make huge profits from it. if someone refines the drug and dies from it that is their fault. i mean you don´t read the fire hazard warning and then set a match to it .....do you?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most of us understand the drugs war.

I sure we do but that person doesn't for sure. The bigger picture is the government has no say what we put in out body. If a person burns a house down while intoxicated then they get arson charges. it desnt matter if he was sober or not. there is no where in U.S. law where it says arson is cool if you're all fucked up.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i like the black market.......i make huge profits from it. if someone refines the drug and dies from it that is their fault. i mean you don´t read the fire hazard warning and then set a match to it .....do you?

the black market should just be called the free market. it's the legal market that is fucked up. A black market is illegal even if you are selling something as legal as a red swing line stapler. If the banking institution and government dont get there cut it is illegal commerce. That is why a U.S. state cant make there own gold backed currency to operate off off any more.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran

Yes.

Treating drugs as a criminal issue rather then a medical issue is ludicrous and clearly has never solved any problems with said substances.

Maybe you should take a trip to Google and learn the benefits that few countries have discovered by decriminalizing/legalizing all drugs across the board. Maybe you'll see that there are better methods than the destructive approach we see here today.

Guess what? Drug use/overdose, etc has went down when addicts are given a clean safe place to deal with their drug addiction where they can learn to control their drug use and possibly rid the monkey from their back.

Caging a heroin addict like an animal is no less disgusting then caging a cannabis user for their flower inhalation. The fact that you don't see that is very disturbing.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

LOL! you're a pretty clueless young fella...

you can't grow coca plants in cali even if it were legal.

coca plants need a very specific climate to produce its alkaloids. high altitude tropical latitudes and specific soil conditions.

if not, you get shitty plants with very low to zero alkaloid content.

FlowerFarmer, I agree, this young fella's ignorance is indeed disturbing.

amannamedtruth

Veteran

Don't be an idiot. I bet you could go out and find any one of those drugs withing a day or two. Is the thing keeping you from doing that the law, or what you've been taught and common sense?

amannamedtruth

Veteran
3qcn0s.jpg

Reporter: 'And how important is it to you
to apprehend the suspects?'

Sgt. Stedenko: 'Critical-- The buying and selling of dope in this country
may be the last vestige of free enterprise left.'

Reporter: 'There's rumor, Sergeant,
that the suspects might be armed and dangerous.
Do you expect to see any violence here today?'

Sgt. Stedenko: 'I certainly hope so.'