What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w HPS users....

RuralRoute420

i have a batwing in the closet with a piece of plexi over it and small 8" fan blowing in on it.....works for me. am currently on day 3 of flower with 2 mama's in 3 gallon dwc's.

will have giant screen to help keep them in place tomorrow, call it a real late scrog attempt :pointlaug

Last edited:
F

frosti108

its great to see all of the things you guys are doing with 250 watters. im soon going to be utilizing either a 400 watt hps or maybe 2 250 watters. its gonna be GREAT :D

RuralRoute420

late attempt at SCROG, kinda

late attempt at SCROG, kinda

i've cut all preflowers that weren't screen height, do you leave everything else below the screen then?

Last edited:

msdtds

RuralRoute420 said:
i've cut all preflowers that weren't screen height, do you leave everything else below the screen then?

if you have good ventilation, leave them. if you don't have good ventilation, cut most of it. the reason is mold/mildew; the humidity can get very high underneath the canopy.

RuralRoute420

cool, i had already cut off everything that wasn't going to amount to anything, and ventilation isn't an issue. these are in dwc.

SinnerCity

heya yall :wave:
I'm almost finished putting together a C24 Cab with a 250w MH plus HPS conversion bulb.
heres some pics of it so far. :smoker:
best regards
SC

mrjim5000

Update: My 250w (NL x Shiva) babies...

Update: My 250w (NL x Shiva) babies...

Just a little update on my 2 girls....

Today is flower day 41, and i think they have a week or so to go. I'm thinking about chopping off the top cola first, and leaving the other buds an extra week or so to fatten up. I didnt do any training, so only the top buds are getting much light.

They are starting to fatten up nicely tho!!! :D

SinnerCity

Lookin Sweet MrJim! :yoinks: :joint:
How is the odor o those NLxShiva's ?
I'm looking into some NL crosses for some low odor strains to grow.
thanks and best regards
SC

mrjim5000

They hardly smell at all to be honest... Its my first grow, and i was expecting it to stink, but i can barely smell them when i'm in the cupboard. Sometimes there is a slight whiff when i walk past, but its really not very much at all.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
hey bro - I scrog a lot and unless you want a bunch of shitty popcorn garbage you should cut those off. not only will you have to deal with the small buds underneath, it will also take away from the size of the flowers above the screen. good move doing so. keep after them too through the first 2 weeks of flowering.

good luck -scrog is a fun way to grow if you like to mess with your plants constantly!

G

Hey guys, this looks like the perfect place to share my little grow. I haven't grown in what seems forever, and I can't wait. I have a med card so I'll be getting cuttings. Going to run 9 with hopes of around 6+oz. Veg for 7-10days then flower. We will see.. I'll explain everything picturedhere if anyone wants.

Last edited:
B

bcell

Here is my HPS 270 space. Here are some Apollo 11 F2s and some DSD x Blueberry. Day 17 of veg. FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil and Pure Blend Pro Nutes.

B

bcell

No stretch. The light is actually 9" from the plants. The plants are all about 5-6" tall with about 4 internodes. They are nice and squat. Check out this DSD x Blueberry.

I have topped and they are starting to brach nicely. During veg I will keep the plants 9-12" from the lamp and during flower 6-9". It has always worked for me.

Last edited:

William H

Sup people, just here to add some input. Here are some of my pics from my 250 watt HPS cab while using a seperate cab with floros to veg. Using Earth Juice ferts with a soil, coca, perlite mix. The big girl has pics from a week before flowering to today, 2 weeks into flowerin so you can see the explosion of growth!! Posi Haze seed from a friend!! :wave: I'm lovin everyone elses pics, keep em comin!!

mrjim5000

My grow - Flower day 48 - NLxShiva

My grow - Flower day 48 - NLxShiva

Just a quick update on my 250w grow... At day 48 now with about another week to go, and they are fattening up nicely!!

There is some burning (caused by food & heat), but the plant seem to be taking it ok, and i'm not to worried as im so near the end of the grow. Just watering them with plain water now.

Heres some pics:

Latest posts

Latest posts