What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I love the idea of these PLL's, especially as supplementary side lighting. I have pondered adding them to our cab at some point, just not sure how and when yet.

M

Melkor420

Bump

Bump

Sick shit guys, my plants just started budding, so I will have some cool shit to show soon too. You know, I've been reading on how you can overdrive the PLL lights to beyond normal light penetration!!! woo hoo!:woohoo:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You know, I've been reading on how you can overdrive the PLL lights to beyond normal light penetration!!! woo hoo!:woohoo:
Be careful.... They already run pretty hot at the base and that's just plastic. I would make sure to take extra fire prevention steps in the construction of any cab you're thinking of overdriving PL-L lamps in.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
You know, one thing I thought of in relation to my cab especially. Maybe you're better off cooling them in the opposite direction - from base to tip. Then the base gets cooler air. Another consideration is that all the real air flow and turbulence is in the vicinity of the fan/s. By the time the flow gets to the far end where the bases are, it's largely died out.

picture.php

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Guys there is a 96w pll available! While I was searching about them I found this trippy one. Mmmmm. And here's a 2 x 96w aquarium light. Looks like it has a fan.

I have 2 ballasts powering 2 x 55w each. Is it ok to run 3 x 55w and 1 x 24w total? Could I expect to blow something up if I tried, or would it just not power up? Thnx.

Also, I finally got my bases cool... Just those two clear fans are needed, the black ones were from earlier experiments. I still have to modify it some.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran

Holy bejebus, Jebus. That's quite the collection. You should submit that to messn'n'gommin's Library of Links and possibly Pontiac's Link-O-Rama Such effort should not be allowed to disappear. Rep for you.

M

Melkor420

Yo, post your sick ass pics of your PL-L light Grows!!! Booyakasha Lordamercy!:respect:Tha PLL Club... SHABA!

growMEDS

Guys there is a 96w pll available! While I was searching about them I found this trippy one. Mmmmm. And here's a 2 x 96w aquarium light. Looks like it has a fan.

I have 2 ballasts powering 2 x 55w each. Is it ok to run 3 x 55w and 1 x 24w total? Could I expect to blow something up if I tried, or would it just not power up? Thnx.

Also, I finally got my bases cool... Just those two clear fans are needed, the black ones were from earlier experiments. I still have to modify it some.
Those look like some awesome light setups. What do you think about the bulbs and the special led it has?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Those look like some awesome light setups. What do you think about the bulbs and the special led it has?

To tell you the truth, I never noticed it has LEDs as well! I have no idea! But it sounds pretty futuristic :cool:

tejashidrow

Well hey all!!
My mini fridge has turned into a Mini v-scrog!!!
I set up 5- 39 watt pll's VERTICALLY down the middle of my fridge with screens angled on both sides. I used pll sockets that LOCK the pins in, so no chance of them comeing out.
Doing my first test run now, 2 plants of feminized BuKu (JUST yanked one a hermie errr)
the other screen is 2 wally ducks c99 x skunk.
Using Flora nova bloom, 8ml per gallon, w/ 5ml per gallon floralicious.
JUST useing up the floralious i had laying around. When gone will use JUST 8 ml per gallon of floranova..
Will keep ya'll psted pax

iv got a quick question waht knid of dimensions are these lights? i know they come in different wattages but do they come in different dimensions?

ScrubNinja

Veteran
iv got a quick question waht knid of dimensions are these lights? i know they come in different wattages but do they come in different dimensions?

The less wattage, the shorter they seem to be. My 55's are 54cm long, and you must allow a cm or two for the 4-pin socket/holder. My 24w is, I dunno, about a foot long. You can find spec sheets easy on google.

Teja: Awesome.

The less wattage, the shorter they seem to be. My 55's are 54cm long, and you must allow a cm or two for the 4-pin socket/holder. My 24w is, I dunno, about a foot long. You can find spec sheets easy on google.

thank you sir i may give these a try after a few builds and grows.

Work2much

Well hey all!!
I set up 5- 39 watt pll's VERTICALLY down the middle of my fridge with screens angled on both sides. I used pll sockets that LOCK the pins in, so no chance of them comeing out.
Doing my first test run now, 2 plants of feminized BuKu (JUST yanked one a hermie errr)
the other screen is 2 wally ducks c99 x skunk.
Using Flora nova bloom, 8ml per gallon, w/ 5ml per gallon floralicious.
JUST useing up the floralious i had laying around. When gone will use JUST 8 ml per gallon of floranova..
Will keep ya'll psted pax

Kick ass I've done the same thing. I've got eight 55w PL-L's in a base cab hung vertically in a row sandwiched between two pieces of glass. It's not up and running yet but it will be in the next two months. I think were the first two to try the PL-L's vertical.

fatigues

Veteran
Well hey all!!

Dood: this REQUIRES pics. :joint:

Kick ass I've done the same thing. I've got eight 55w PL-L's in a base cab hung vertically in a row sandwiched between two pieces of glass. It's not up and running yet but it will be in the next two months. I think were the first two to try the PL-L's vertical.

Ditto :)

Latest posts

Latest posts