What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help to destress flowering pkants

baddagger

Hello, have some girls in flower today starts week 5 out of 9-10 to finish. Had some problems were lost power for 2.5 days about week 2 in flower. Then lost power for about 30mins today this morning. Power came back and on 1 light came back on about 7 hours into dark time for about a hour (turned off after I work up).

I already found some hermie's yesterday and pulled them out but now very worried there stressed out even more and might get more hermies. Is there anything I can do to help them destress as fast as possible to hopefully cut out more from going hermi on me? This is my own strain that I'm doing first run of seeds to try to find best pheno to use as mother. Is there any nutrients that can help destress? Today is water day so want to try to do what ever it takes so don't lose more.

Speed of green

keep the light consistent, borrow a generator if you expect more outages.

light during the dark cycle is much worse that dark during the light cycle.

if you cant borrow a generator id get a flashlight or something to put in there to keep lights on schedule.

also if you get a digital timer(most have battery backup) then your lights will stay on the same schedule even if the power goes out.

baddagger

Well I like I said it turned off and back one and lights were on for about a hour, from 8am to 9pm when dark time is 1am to 1pm, even if I had a generator it would not help because I was a sleep during that power outage so would not been able to help with that, also its rare for me to lose power heck before these two times I can't even remember the last time I lost power. So the thing about the generator does not even answer the question at hand or help with the problem at hand that I asked about.

So back to my question that I asked (please keep response to the subject of the question I'm asking about), are there any nuits or supplements that can be used to try to help distress the girls to try to keep from any more from going hermi. If it wasn't for those two incidents that where out of my control I'm guessing I probably would have not had any turn hermi with how I'm on top of them... I normally spend about 8-10 hours 5 days a week working with them.

Speed of green

Is there anything I can do to help them destress as fast as possible to hopefully cut out more from going hermi on me?

You see the little squiggle with the dot at the end of your sentence?

You asked a question and i answered it. Maybe you didnt like it, but its the best advice ive got for you.

To answer your other question: there is no magic nutrient that will reverse your light schedule mistake. Being consistent moving forward and staying diligent about plucking male flowers should get you to harvest. water deactivates pollen so make sure you wet your fingers while plucking. since youre in your room 8-10 hours a week this shouldnt be an issue.

When my plants are stressed i like to put on some soft jazz, light an incense and rub them down with neem oil.