What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
sorry, probably using the wrong terminology.
when i used Forbid4F for broadmites I only need apply to the top sides of the leaves and it travels to the bottom of the leaf by...??
what was the name used?? translaminar, tranlaminate? mabe?? :D

well anyways ok,
so I sprayed every inch of the plants @2ml per gallon

Exactly!

the gnome

Veteran
sorry, probably using the wrong terminology.
when i used Forbid4F for broadmites I only need apply to the top sides of the leaves and it travels to the bottom of the leaf by...??
what was the name used?? translaminar, tranlaminate? mabe?? :D

the term is translaminar,
spraying the tops the leaf the forbid travels not by systemic action
but uses the leaves vascular system to go to the bottom of the leaf where mites like to feed :tiphat:

I'm about to hit my plants going into bloom and 1st time eagle20 user.
is eagle 20 a transfoliate?
or do you have to spray both sides of the leaves?

Hit all sides. Use a proper atomizer and turn the lights off with fans on full blast for 30 mins after you hit them with the atomizer

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Have not seen PM in many, many, many moons (knocks on wood)--and my go to knock down recipe is as follows:

For 1 gallon--
0.25 gram Urea (helps increase leaf uptake)
1 ml Eagle20-myclobutanil
7.5 ml Azatrol-azadirachtin
7.5 ml Neem Oil
2.5 ml Blue Agave (or molasses, or EZ-Wet SE, or Coco Wet)

One application is all my garden needed--smaller the plant, the better.

The above spray has at least 2 modes of operation with a bonus synergy of combining Neem Oil with Azadirachtin (neem oil is basically absent of azadirachtin...and azadirachtin does not contain all the components of neem).

The best foliar sprayer I have ever used for indoor gardens is a Low Velocity Low Pressure paint sprayer hooked up to an air compressor (less than $20 at Harbor Freight). I now "paint" my plants with a fine mist and get 100% coverage...and the best part--with very, very, very little waste! I can easily spray at least 60 full sized plants with 1 gallon of "spray brew" and my waste....oh less than 2 ounces of "overspray". Back in day I used the hand pressure sprayers--I think I was averaging around 20-30 plants per gallon...with about 25% waste and of course I had to have 2 sprayers on hand--as one always seemed to break/clog about half way through the job (those rubber plungers always crapped out).

BTW, I got great results using Eagle20 at 1ml per gallon rate--half the 2ml rate.

the gnome

Veteran
Hit all sides. Use a proper atomizer and turn the lights off with fans on full blast for 30 mins after you hit them with the atomizer

I'd like to get and use an atomizer,
but i'm in a sealed room with 1 door,
risk seems pretty hi for inhaling, and eagle 20 is pretty potent nasty stuff.
I'm gonna use a small hudson garden sprayer on fine spray setting.
I also have fungaflor and trinity bombs that do what E20 does.
so i may just bomb the room this round.
next run I'll use E20 on the plants before i put them
in the bloom room

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're not wearing a mask......?

Atomizers are amazing. You can unscrew the rinky dink tank and DIY it to a hose and pump. Slow the air speed down a bit, and it's the best sprayer I've ever used.

Eagle20, FUCK YA!

Looking back at this thread...

Im sure Eagle20 is responsible for 10's of thousands of growrooms across the world to be powder mildew free...

And MILLIONS of dollars in product to be PM free as well...

And inspired thousands of people to grow their own.

hle144

Mighty Wash.... I've tried ALOT.... I used MW for a spider mite outbreak... Took care of that and all the pm dissapeared also....

hle144

99.85% water.... Can use it up until harvest.... But I would say 2 weeks before just to make sure. Has a chemical smell that disapates in a few days...

TheCatsMeow

Very disappointing to see this thread alive and always thriving...

Eagle 20 is a joke and so are your growing skills if you have to use this crap

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Some of the biggest and best growers use this...

Growers that you look up to, use this...

MILLIONS$ in product powder mildew free...

Get over it...

I wood

is the a good powdery mildew fugicide available in canada?

Earth juices brand of natural ph up is pure potasium bicarbonate. It works in a similar way to baking soda but much better, and has the advantage of providing potasium.
1/4 teaspoon each of potasium bicarbonate and a natural dish soap per quart of water works well to kill or prevent pm. Lasts about two weeks, which gives you time to fix humidity and airflow issues that lead to pm in the first place.

I can add nothing to the eagle 20 debate. I once tried to get some to treat clones with, but discovered potasium bicarbonate and have not needed anything else since.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
if you have something against eagle 20 you have the option to not use it on your own garden. for those of us that don't have a problem using something that works, in veg, that leaves no trace in the finished product...simply put, it's not any of your concern...why are you going to tell someone that they shouldn't be doing something just because that's the choice you made, especially when our choices have ZERO impact on you or what your doing...the essence of this argument is as simple as our right to smoke pot, what im doing isn't bothering you so your inclination to belittle people for doing something that you don't support is just foolish, other adults decisions are not your concern...if you don't like eagle stay outta this thread it's pretty simple really. or you could start a "i hate eagle and everyone who uses it" thread, I'm sure you'll have more than a few people in support of that.

TheCatsMeow

if you have something against eagle 20 you have the option to not use it on your own garden. for those of us that don't have a problem using something that works, in veg, that leaves no trace in the finished product...simply put, it's not any of your concern...why are you going to tell someone that they shouldn't be doing something just because that's the choice you made, especially when our choices have ZERO impact on you or what your doing...the essence of this argument is as simple as our right to smoke pot, what im doing isn't bothering you so your inclination to belittle people for doing something that you don't support is just foolish, other adults decisions are not your concern...if you don't like eagle say outta this thread it's pretty simple really.

If you grow healthy plants and put them in a controlled environment, then there's no reason to spray this poison on your plants.

But keep putting on your respirators and hazmat suit cause youre too afraid to try

Latest posts

Latest posts