What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica?

GoatCheese

Veteran
G `day GC

Ortega had seeds from a guy named Maple Leaf Wilson from San Francisco .
Passed them to Nevil . That`s where the Maple Leaf handle originates from . Allegedly .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Cool bit of info Elmer, i hadn't read that one yet.

Hi Goat, you''re opinion is worth the considération from my view. unfortunately all these stories sometimes lack sufficient details So that we get A full picture, hence the different tracks we are following. I'l. Keep you''re opinion in mind next to mine. Maybe one day I'll have more facts which prove me wrong, no harm.

Shame there isn't more data on the pink pistils pheno.

Have a Nice one.
C:\Users\kone\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
I haven't grown Sensi's MLI just yet, thou i have two packs waiting, but in some grow threads people report finding Skunk-looking phenos, so it's likely that Nevil bred some Skunk into MLI.

I do have an Ortega-leaning Black Domina keeper and i have recently grown two hybrids with some Afg-T in them, so i have some idea what kinda stuff comes out of Maple Leaf genetics. I hope i can find a nice MLI male to go with the Ortega-BD plant i have, but it could take a while till i get there.

My Ortega-BD and the Afg-T leaning phenos have same hashy ginger bread cookie aroma; Afg-T phenos also have fruity baby puke notes, while the Ortega-BD is not so sweet, it's more "dry" and acrid, but has a light sour green apple bit to it and maybe some apricots.. I like the Ortega-type better

Peace:)

Tipunch

Hey Goat,

Your demonstration makes sense now in my head. You fought like A champ :biggrin:

Nevil is speaking of the MLI from SS in Eds book. Nevil worked on the ML line and then crossed afg T and S with skunk to build the MLI for SS, hence SS MLI is 82% indica?

If my understanding is correct, afgT is the more indica looking pheno compared with afgS? Hence AfgTxSk for MNS is half ML? So if we want the closest to full ML we need to look into the SS MLI, and Mr Nice afgT or S hybrids? Any pics of afgT and S on the net So that I can have A look?

Goat can you share pics of your agfT leaning pheno of BD?

:laughing:

JetLife175

Veteran
Nevil states the Afghan-T is the “archetypal afghan” in his eyes. So yes the T is the more indica type.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Jet

All through the lens of a man drinking a bottle of Scotch Whiskey and eating a handful of Nembutals every day .

Not to mention smoking more than the average .

His heroin cure was strong meds .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GoatCheese

Veteran
Goat can you share pics of your agfT leaning pheno of BD?

:laughing:

I don't have any pics of the AfgT leaning hybrids i grew, but my understanding is that AfgT is more classic indica looking plant, while Ortega is taller and slimmer with slightly narrower leaves.

If you look for pictures of old Super Skunk from Sensi Seeds, the more indica leaning phenos come from AfgT/Maple Leaf side.

Here's few pics of the Ortega leaning Black Domina, there's no AfgT in Black Domina.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
All of this has been discussed by Nevil himself at the other forum. Any new pics of recent Sensi Seeds Gear though?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Recent Super Skunk still looks like the one in the pic.
MLI is much more stretchy and weak in effect compared to the Super Skunk.

Tipunch

Nov 10th! That's when I cut my 2 different phenos outdoor. Not what I was expecting. Compared to other strains They took much more Time to switch to flowering mode. Hope I find earlier ones in the 5 beans I have left.

LostTribe

Premium user
Nov 10th! That's when I cut my 2 different phenos outdoor. Not what I was expecting. Compared to other strains They took much more Time to switch to flowering mode. Hope I find earlier ones in the 5 beans I have left.

Do you have pics? Have you run anything else OD? When did you get first sign of pistils?

Tipunch

Do you have pics? Have you run anything else OD? When did you get first sign of pistils?
Hi LT, sorry no pics, not safe in my ctry so I stopped taking pics but here's what I can tell you:

Ran 6 strains, all had over 3 months veg. When Flowering started to show in september, all were showing flower except ML.

I cut Critical Kush on Oct 10
Durban Poison on Oct 19
Ultra Sour on Oct 21
SSH on Nov 2nd
MLI on Nov 10th
Destroyer si still running as we speak. Edit - down Dec 1st

All had same menu, sun, water and soil.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I don't have any pics of the AfgT leaning hybrids i grew, but my understanding is that AfgT is more classic indica looking plant, while Ortega is taller and slimmer with slightly narrower leaves.

If you look for pictures of old Super Skunk from Sensi Seeds, the more indica leaning phenos come from AfgT/Maple Leaf side.

Here's few pics of the Ortega leaning Black Domina, there's no AfgT in Black Domina.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Who's BD is that and what year vintage? SAD s1 I heard was '98 BD Neville cut?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Who's BD is that and what year vintage? SAD s1 I heard was '98 BD Neville cut?
How's it going LT.

It's from Sensi Seeds and i bought the seeds in the spring sale of 2016 straight from Sensi Seeds. I germinated only half a pack so i'm not too familiar with the line. Other seeds were a "freak" and bunch of males. The line has lot of phenos in it it seems, so It's not very stable, but then again it's a four-way hybrid.
I don't know it's origin, but the Spanish 98 BD seems to be a hybrid-phenotype of the Ortega-pheno and something else, it seems beefier than my plant. My Ortega-type looks very much like the Ortega-clone in the USA.

I haven't grown any S.A.D.'s thou i have few seeds waiting, but i read that the original cut is more potent than the S1 plants.

GoatCheese

Veteran
How's it going LT.

It's from Sensi Seeds and i bought the seeds in the spring sale of 2016 straight from Sensi Seeds. I germinated only half a pack so i'm not too familiar with the line. Other seeds were a "freak" and bunch of males. The line has lot of phenos in it it seems, so It's not very stable, but then again it's a four-way hybrid.
I don't know it's origin, but the Spanish 98 BD seems to be a hybrid-phenotype of the Ortega-pheno and something else, it seems beefier than my plant. My Ortega-type looks very much like the Ortega-clone in the USA.

I haven't grown any S.A.D.'s thou i have few seeds waiting, but i read that the original cut is more potent than the S1 plants.
Oh..
And if i'd live in the USA/N. America i'd try to get the Ortega-cut if it's still going around over there, cause my BD Ortega-type is one of the best plants i have ever smoked. Wonderful fruity peach/apricot but not that sweet-gingerbread cookie-hash thing. Absolutely awesome affie effect; joyful/uplifting yet pretty heavy stone. Pretty strong pot.:)

Sunshineinabag

I'm hoping this cultivar gets Into the hands of a loving farmer who can do it justice!
1. Because sugar maples are my favorite deciduous tree
2. The maple cultivar I tried from the local disp was TRASH!
3. When I think of maple three things come to mind, Quality, gorgeous canopies, and above all MAPLE SYRUP! Hopefully this cultivar has improved or I tried a variant that wasn't the same.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm hoping this cultivar gets Into the hands of a loving farmer who can do it justice!
1. Because sugar maples are my favorite deciduous tree
2. The maple cultivar I tried from the local disp was TRASH!
3. When I think of maple three things come to mind, Quality, gorgeous canopies, and above all MAPLE SYRUP! Hopefully this cultivar has improved or I tried a variant that wasn't the same.

Dude ALL dispensary weed is TRASH.

CreeperStipule

Hi.
Afg-T, Afg-S and the Ortega-types (males and females) come from Mazar i Sharif seeds, which were originally named 'Maple Leaf Wilson mix' or something like that, hence the name 'Maple Leaf' used by Nevil.
..not Maple Leaf Indica. MLI came later.

Nevil then crossed Afg-T and Afg-S females to a Skunk#1 male; then a male from each cross was crossed to an Ortega-type female; then a female was selected from one of these hybrids and male from the other and bred together. This hybrid was then named Maple Leaf Indica.

:

Ortega was never a seed line from Nevil or Sensi Seeds, only breeding stock. Ortega(maple leaf) plants were used in Sensi Seeds' Black Domina and MLI, perhaps in other hybrids also, i dunno.

The famous clone-only Ortega in USA also come from the original Maple Leaf Wilson-seeds.

Here's a post made by Nevil:

Q: "..[FONT=&quot]maple leaf indica according to Ed R (same book) is: Female Ortega15 x Sam afghan skunk X male Skunk 18.5. Any idea if this is correct?"[/FONT]

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/59005-post21.html

Hope this explains it.
:)

How does this work when Nevil also stated Oterga 15 was a male?

[IMG alt="Nevil"]https://mrnice.nl/forum/data/avatars/m/3/3977.jpg?1592314629[/IMG]

Nevil

Breeder​

Dec 9, 2010
new Ortega = AfghanT x Ortega 15
Both are Maple Leaf. Plenty has been said about AfgT. Ort15 was a very powerful full blood indica male. I crossed him to a number of plants and all were dominated by this male. The AfgT mating was meant for breeding material, being generally too indica dominant for most people. Now if you need a good indica male line, this is the one to choose, no sativa whatsoever.
I was planning to put this to Critical Mass. I never got around to it. Maybe Shanti will do it for us.
N.

CreeperStipule

Are you stating the female is Sam Afghan skunk x Ort 15?

why would they do that when then have been using a AfgT x Ort15 male for outcrosses? they have Maple leaf lines.

Nevil said:
I know exactly what you are talking about. It's Maple Leaf AfgT, which I crossed with Ort15 male which was also pure Maple Leaf. This was the most indica ML male. This male dominated most things it was put to. Because of this males dominance, you had to grow a few plants to find the AfgT type. It also didn't have the yield I wanted so I didn't release it then. SB was right to use this line as it is one of the few sources left of the Pure Maple Leaf. When it is crossed to an Indica/Sativa out of AfgT or it's sister AfgS, I'm expecting some extreme shit.
N.

Sensi have always said it's pure indica and Ed in his book stated that the likes of Marleys Collie male was Ort15AfgT7 (or the AfgT x Ort 15)

So why would they use a Skunk male?

GoatCheese

Veteran
How does this work when Nevil also stated Oterga 15 was a male?
He had female and male plants labeled 15?
Are you stating the female is Sam Afghan skunk x Ort 15?
Read my post again. I didn't make this claim.
It was a question put out to Nevil about the lineage of MLI in Ed Rosenthal’s book. This is quite clearly stated in the question itself where this claim was made.
So why would they use a Skunk male?
Stability? Maple Leaf was hash cultivar hybrid not a stable line so the Sk1 male might have been used cause it’s a fairly stable strain

CreeperStipule

He had female and male plants labeled 15?

Read my post again. I didn't make this claim.
It was a question put out to Nevil about the lineage of MLI in Ed Rosenthal’s book. This is quite clearly stated in the question itself where this claim was made.

Stability? Maple Leaf was hash cultivar hybrid not a stable line so the Sk1 male might have been used cause it’s a fairly stable strain

That's fine but from I've read on these boards you have perpetuated the claim:

(I guess I'd just like clarity on the lineage)

Latest posts

Latest posts