You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Magnesium problem need help

Thread Title Search
Magnesium problem need help Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2017, 01:11 PM #41
bigjdawg

bigjdawg is on a distinguished road
Yes I've looked at the roots the best I could with a microscope. I think it is possibly underfeeding. Like I said I added go calmag to 2 plants and the deficiency hasn't spread to new leaves. I have another set about to enter flower. I'm going to top dress 2 inches of a 1:1 ratio of compost and worm castings at the flip. I'm going to feed every watering. I plan to add the go calmag every other watering as a preventative measure. Does anyone think that using genral organics calmag every other water would cause any problems?
bigjdawg is offline Quote

Old 12-18-2017, 01:12 PM #42
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
could try neem/kelp tea with added Epsom salt also a bokashi.insect frass are pretty solid, using a drench of oyster shell flour mixed with gypsum is pretty as well, not knocking your programme, for me these are cheaper teas than guanos and aside from gypsum dust, less irritating as well.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:44 AM #43
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
I would apply some fish hydrolysate as a drench.
growingcrazy is offline Quote

Old 12-19-2017, 06:31 AM #44
bigjdawg

Here are some more picks. I think you guys are right about underfeeding. Nitrogen deficiency I believe. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171218_213301.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	439554 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171218_213230.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	439555

Old 12-19-2017, 01:50 PM #45
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of lightLimeygreen is a glorious beacon of light
Depends on how long you have to go and what you prefer, if your fans are falling off and bud leaves turning yellow by the time you harvest you've fed her just right in my opinion, should be smooth smoke, some one else may like to have the leaves just change different colours and not yellow so personal preference. If you're running the same cutting every round just take notes and adjust your feeding accordingly, you will find your sweet spot of when you feed your plants, how long and how much, an example might be feeding nitrogen in a low amount until week 6 on a 12 week variety and letting her use it all up, could be until week 4-5 on a 8-10 weeks strain depends on your girl and the environment/media.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM #46
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdawg View Post
Here are some more picks. I think you guys are right about underfeeding. Nitrogen deficiency I believe. What do you guys think?
That first pic there are a couple leaves in the center that have uneven yellowing.

This leads me to believe you have some root issues. The leaves are yellowing in an "unhealthy" way. N deficiency is more uniform. Are you letting media dry out between waterings?

When I see two green blades and 3 yellow ones on the same leaf I always go to the roots.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 12-20-2017, 06:16 AM #47
bigjdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
That first pic there are a couple leaves in the center that have uneven yellowing.

This leads me to believe you have some root issues. The leaves are yellowing in an "unhealthy" way. N deficiency is more uniform. Are you letting media dry out between waterings?

When I see two green blades and 3 yellow ones on the same leaf I always go to the roots.
Ya I noticed that to and that's originally why I was thinking magnesium. Ya I lift the pots and water when they are light. I stick my finger in the soil also to feel the moisture content. Sometimes they slightly droop before I water again. Those pics were taken right after watering.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:19 AM #48
bigjdawg

The yellowing started from the bottom and slowly worked it's way up. I sprayed the ones in the recent pic with Epsom salt three days in a row. That's another reason I was thinking it might not be magnesium and possibly is nitrogen deficiency from underfeeding. They are on week 5.

Old 12-20-2017, 01:04 PM #49
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
It's not going to affect your yield. So don't worry too much. The top of the plant looks green and healthy.

Just run a little more N and Mag in your mix next time. At this point most of those pale fans can come off. Plenty of "life" left in that plant even with water alone.
mushroombrew is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.