What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often to feed a sativa?

Gelado`

Veteran
Yes your plants are overfed. If using FF soils you may not need to feed at all. You have excess N and probably excess P and K too. Don't feed at all. Just water

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
She starts the 7th week of flowering to day. so no bloom food or anything else just ph corrected water. what about adding real live worms to the soil? I like to ask before doing anything wrong that would kill the plant.

It seems like I just need to get some high grade seeds. BUT I AM AFRADE TO HAVE THEM SENT TO MY PLACE. I WOULD WRATHER TAKE A VACATION TO A LIGAL M STATE AND BRING SOME KICK ASS SEEDS BACK WITH ME. I'm planning on taking a vacation this summer anyway just haven't decided on where to go. Id like to go back to California again cuz I had so much fun the last 2 times I went there.

Floridian

Veteran
Yea I had that feeling starting out,that and my electric bill going from 100 to about 350 dollars lol.I'm glad I didn't let any of that just shut me down.There are certain no brainer rules to go by we learn online and one is to never have seeds sent to your grow address.My mom lives a couple miles away and had them sent there for several years,then I just started having them sent to my house.I would never suggest anyone do anything that could possibly cause them problems,but on the other hand I can always express my experience.I've been on the growsites since overgrow in 2002 and other than a few people having their seeds confiscated,and I mean very few,I have never heard of any kind of follow up on confiscated seeds where someone was actually contacted by LEO.If anyone has ever heard of that happening please it would be good info for all of us.I did a few bagseed grows before I started ordering and they were all pretty much a waste.Its nice to have a history of a strain,height,finishing time,things to expect etc.I never did anything worthwhile until I ordered seeds online.A little history can go a long way.Shit bribe a friend with the promise of dankness lol,you'll both be happy in the end.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
New pix. she is still alive. :) 9 1/2 weeks of 12-12 cycle.
Still see some fattening up that is needed with more time.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
11 weeks flowering. Ill probably let her go to week 13, 14 or 15 flower. that should be enough flower time. So it looks like I should end up getting some nice sativa flowers. new pix

picture.php

picture.php

Floridian

Veteran
Nice cb,it looks like you have some decent flowers going there.When you're ready to harvest,come back in a few days and do it then.It always works out for the better in my experience.Sativa's have a tendency to go on and on,other than trich coloration it's hard to pick a best time sometimes.Patience always works with 15 week flowering plants IMO.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So it looks like the harvest date is July 3ed or 4th that will make her on the 15 week flower. but may harvest sooner than later. probably last pix tonight before harvest next week.

Gelado`

Veteran
How often are you feeding now? Also, where did you get this 'sativa?' Looks like a hybrid to me!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I haven't fed her for around 3 weeks or longer because she was getting over fed with bloom food.
She is from a bagseed of some good green mid grade flowers.
OK so she may not be real trich heavy but just finished some green/purple bagseed buds that are trich covered and has some seeds so ill be planting those some time in the future.

Also have 2 mother plants & one is definitely a keeper. And have some female clones waiting for the big lady to be done flowering.
The keeper is a good Trichome sativa bagseed similar to this one that had a few summers ago outdoors. And was D BOMB.

Plus just started flowering new better triched out bagseed lady. :)

currently trying for a perpetual garden which have been waiting to do for a long long time. Just kept forgetting to take a clones off a good lady to make into a mother perpetual garden.

At the moment the goal is to use the female clones and female bagseeds to harvest as much as possible by late august or by September before my summer vacation.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So the end of this grow is here and the 2 plants are harvested and hanging up drying. :) can't post pix atm cuz the camera wont connect to the computer to puttem on the hard drive so can upload em.

Now there's a new good green nicer bagseed lady in there flowering. and about to put another lady clone or 2 in there to flower in the next day or so. :) put one of the 2 mother ladies outdoors to finish out the season. The other one is still in veg area and need to take more clones from her soon. even in the veg area this lady has some frosting under the leafs just like some nice extra frosty sativa does. :)

rolandomota

Order them to your house you will be fine theirs way too much mail to be checking for tiny seeds i have done it for years. Im currently stalking some pine tar kush seeds i will order as soon as they are available. Those seeds will cross the Atlantic twice before they arrive in my mailbox safe and sound

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
OK so finally got the pix. The big plant ended up growing big buds BUT on the airy side. The effect, taste are good. The effect is your typical sativa BUT with a laid back feeling but a little bit on the intense side. I like it.

It went to 15 weeks flowering. The flowers could have been more dense if hadn't had to stop bloom food early do to plant problems. But probably could have given her at least 1 or 2 more feedings of bloom with little damage. But either way I'm happy with what I got from her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's the new ladies in the little bloom room. next pix will be the mother lady and some clones. knock on wood but it feels like my thumb is turning bright green again. :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
This lady is taking for ever to start flowering.
picture.php

This lady is flowering nicely.
picture.php

picture.php

Here's the new clone which also needs to start flowering.
picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Update on the 4 ladies. The 4th lady/clone isn't pictured atm because still waiting on her to start flowering.

All from this week.
The greatest bagseed flower I grown in a long time.
picture.php

picture.php

The Bush lady.
picture.php

The tall lady had to be laid on herb side cuz she was getting too tall.
picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Wanting to know if the bush lady should be repotted to bigger bucket or if she's fine to finish flowering in the 1 1/2 litter pot she's in now?

She's around 2 weeks and 1 day flower now growing in fox farm ocean forest.
She's getting big and just started flowering and don't want her to outgrow what she's in now but IF she's fine to finish in this size of pot than that would be better.

So what would you do in this situation?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Here's the latest update on the 4 ladies. pix of the other 2 ladies when they start flowering more.
The bush lady got transplanted to a much bigger pot.
picture.php

picture.php

Heres the lady that's almost done.
picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I'm gunna reveg the one small lady who has very dense big buds because the other bigger ladies aren't flowering fast enough for my liking. maybe I have to start flowering my plants way sooner than I do now. so just gunna harvest that one leaving just enough to reveg it.
when she reveges ill try to take clones to grow more of her.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Update on me ladies tomorrow. they are flowering slower than I wanted them to.

Try giving them less N during flowering, esp. late flowering. Too much N apparently keep wild sativas floweing longer or "never finish".

You can also try shorter lights-on cycle to make your plants finish faster.If you're growing in 12/12 cycle, try shortning the lights-on time to 11 hours (13 hours dark). Don't take off the full hour at once, but rather shorten it 10-15 mins every few days till you get to 11 hours lights on.

The plant looks nice. Do you have any idea about the genetics? Mexican perhaps?
:)

Latest posts

Latest posts