What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zack pls stop

20sackzack

Oh I've tried lol. She just would rather smoke it then grow it.. I can respect that and she's pretty understanding of my wants so it works out

So the mendobreaths are not happy.. not sure what's going on. Don't seem to be too wet or dry. I was thinking the rockwool might have dried out though so I gave em a little sprinkle of water. Not sure why just these are flopping??

WYGk1sM.jpg

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
You can always put a make shift humidity dome over top of them in case the air is too dry for them but it would also help buffer the intense light if they are taking a minute to get used to that 1k. You can cut the bottom off a 2 liter or milk jug and put it over top of the plant or the whole pot, whatever fits. Maybe try that and get them used to the light? :dunno:

20sackzack

You can always put a make shift humidity dome over top of them in case the air is too dry for them but it would also help buffer the intense light if they are taking a minute to get used to that 1k. You can cut the bottom off a 2 liter or milk jug and put it over top of the plant or the whole pot, whatever fits. Maybe try that and get them used to the light? :dunno:

Thanks yo after reading that I decided to do something about improving my environment. I ghetto rigged a trash bag to the light to diffuse it and added a humidifier. I ended up putting the humidifier just outside the tent with the door partly unzipped. I also read that abruptly changing light spectrums can cause stress so I added a little cfl back to add some more color

XYSjhX6.jpg

Temps and humidity are up so now only time will tell

x5kpJys.jpg

yeah good suggestion whodat

:yeahthats

Looking good zack!! Gonna tag along! Hope the mendos perk back up for ya!!
Cheers

Thanks for stopping in, I've got my fingers crossed :tiphat:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
having a plastic bag taped under your light seems a tad dangerous, plus i doubt its necessary. a 600w light and its what, 4' above the cuts? that is fine. they were probably cold and dry. they still look healthy at least im sure they will bounce back. keep it outta the 50s though

20sackzack

For sure definitely seems sketchy. However it's been on there for over 18 hours and was only slightly warm. Don't really see any possible chance of a fire when none of the surfaces have any sort of heat above like 90 degrees. Still probably a stupid idea so please no one else try this lol

All I know is the mb's were doing fine till I switched to the metal halide. They flopped within a few hours of doing that so I'm thinking the light combined with a drop in humidity from rainy weather clearing up caused it

I don't work on the weekends so I've been checking on it every couple hours the last two days. I appreciate the heads up on safety though. I wanna get one of those cool automatic fire extinguishers soon

Seeing some improvement

p9phGbN.jpg

20sackzack

Alright so things are moving along slowly but surely. Got a few upgrades for the tent and did some rearranging :biggrin: pics to come

20sackzack

Oh yeah and I got the rest of dirt moved into the raised bed. Mixed it up pretty good then took 5 samples and put them in a clean bucket to dry out. Need to send it out to spectrum for testing still

t2oO4h5.jpg

20sackzack

Here's the new tent setup

HyQsZGd.jpg

Went to my local grow store to look around and happened to find one of those auto fire extinguishers I was wanting. They said they'd had it for a while and needed to get rid of it so they gave it to me for over half off. Glad I went in, I definitely feel more comfortable with it installed

You can see it up in the top right corner

sMoXCh7.jpg

Here's a shot of the outside. I mounted the bracket to some wood scraps and used a tie-down to secure it. I'm pretty happy with the placement. It's supposed to go off at 155 degrees. Hopefully it will never have to

mWlXk7N.jpg

Animal cookies

bjWjMaJ.jpg

And a shot of the pups. He always uses her butt as his pillow lol

SsAnexx.jpg

20sackzack

doctor's orders... do you live in the springs too?!

Doctor's orders in Sacramento. I would love to visit Colorado though, I hear it's really beautiful.

Things are going pretty well. Seeing some nice new growth. Unfortunately pm has appeared in very small amounts on a few of the plants. Been hitting them with agsil, neem, and actinovate. I'm gonna try something called organocide. Hopefully that will knock it out

Also I ordered a 12 piece blumat set. Should be here in a couple days. I'm super excited to get that setup. Then I have to decide if I want to go into a big bed or bigger pots...

Here's a group shot. I super cropped the tops on all of them a couple days ago

g287m83.jpg

Here's a mendobreath before super cropping

WWEG6Ys.jpg

And an animal cookies pre sc. I love the look of this strain

uqlQ3lq.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
looking nice as hell. sucks about the pm. i never tried organicide for pm but ive used it before. it smells like fish.

20sackzack

I decided I was done fuckin around with band aids for my pm problem. Pulled out the big guns and hit them with eagle 20. Been trying to stay as organic as possible but after reading krunch bubbles thread and seeing the test results, I'm convinced this product can be used safely. I know though, shame shame.. but hey literally three drops later and no more pm. Feeling kinda dumb now because I could have probably doubled my outdoor harvest last year if I had used this shit

In other news, I got the blumats set up after quite a bit of fuckin around. I made a looped system with a purge valve roughly half way through. The girls are looking at bit over watered from the initial setup but over all not too bad. Hopefully some blumat users can chime in and let me know if I did alright. Just hoping nothing fucks up while I'm at work

e6p6xRQ.jpg

VAYCcnZ.jpg

wVmcDPO.jpg

xJQzKx0.jpg

0H1tHzP.jpg

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
plants are looking great. im rusty on blumats its been years and i didnt do a closed loop but the setup looks clean. just babysit them real close for a week or two to make sure each site is dialed good. i had a flood once installing them in a tent before leaving town. luckily i had someone check but one dripper can drip alot in 24 hrs so stay frosty

20sackzack

plants are looking great. im rusty on blumats its been years and i didnt do a closed loop but the setup looks clean. just babysit them real close for a week or two to make sure each site is dialed good. i had a flood once installing them in a tent before leaving town. luckily i had someone check but one dripper can drip alot in 24 hrs so stay frosty

Thanks yo. So far the blumats have been doing alright. The plants got over watered during the first few days and they haven't been looking as perky as before. Seeing some, as u say, fuckery in the leaves. I think I have them adjusted fairly well now but they still seem a touch over or under watered. But no run offs yet and it's been nice saving some time watering

checking in on this one. nice grow! looking forward to future updates!

Thanks for stopping by. Your tents lookin bueno as well buddy. Way to fill out that canopy!

Here's a few pics of the progress

IFeglC9.jpg

All of them have been topped as of yesterday. Time to get my side branch on

ADyWqBu.jpg

So it turns out when I picked up my 3 purple tangies I actually got 2 pt's and a mystery cookie plant! I thought it looked a little different from the get go but after it's grown out a little it's undeniably either an animal cookie or just straight gsc. There was only 1 partially full tray of pt's at doctor's orders the day I picked them up. Apparently my unlabeled cookie plant made it in with the last of the pt's and found its way home with me. Real California Clones has only been dropping animal cookies and gsc so it's definitely one of the 2. So now I have:

1 mystery cookie
2 animal cookies
3 mendobreaths
2 purple tangies
2 cherry pies
2 cherry kush

xbobLaU.jpg

I sent out may soil and water samples to spectrum for testing on Saturday. Just be getting results back soon. Still need to get a raised bed for the tent. Probably gonna go with a 4x4 geoplanter

I also picked up a nice 6000 btu window ac off Craigslist for 30 bucks last night, score! :woohoo:

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking good Zack, I hope you can keep the pm at bay. I tried the eagle 20 didn't do a Damn thing for me. I tore down and moved in to a new house. I also made a vow to never take another cut from anyone. The clone guys in so cal are fucking schmucks. I am tempted to break my rule for a cut of the mendobreath I fucking love mendobreath, but not the price for the seeds. I can't see paying 250 bucks for 10 seeds.