What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

Hey Justiceman, I'm using Botanicare bricks as well. I haven't used any other brands so can't provide a comparison, but I've found them to be really easy to use. Quick question on the 6/9 formula - I'm planning on dropping the Micro once buds stop swelling, does that line up with your experience with 6/9?

Thanks for hanging around Dakine! Always enjoy the positive encouragement and interest on my posts. I'm expecting the SSSDH clone to show roots in a week or two at most and I'll be transplanting it as soon as I can. I think I will run the CK#2 in my bloom tent and then once it finishes up move the SSSDH clone in there in a DWC bucket. I'll veg it out until then and aggressively top along the way. Then once it gets moved in the bloom tent I'll scrog this bitch out!

I'm planning my outdoor garden now and am actually going to try out some organic soil/coco mixes out there. No cannabis because it's a shared space, but I'll probably have a thread going in the general gardening section.

justiceman

Veteran
I've tried a couple brands of coco and I think you picked a good one. Canna is good(expensive), Roots Organics Coco Palms(don't like it), Botanicare, and a random brick I bought at a garden store that had a lot of sand in it hahaha. Didn't like that too much. I like the performance of the Botanicare brick. It is solid and affordable.

As for 6/9 that sounds about right to me. Depending on how long it takes for a strain to finish you can keep the micro in longer or shorter.

GastroGrower

Thanks for the feedback. The GBxPB#1 has officially started to show some budswell so it looks like my main tops are defined and now we're just bulking up. I've had some issues keeping all of the coco in this container totally moist for some reason so I'm working on increasing the drip amount until it seems like we're all good.

Today is the first full day of 12/12 in Tent # 3 (SCROG tent). I went ahead and trimmed everything below the canopy on both the GBxPB plants and the CK#1. The screen is filling out decently, though I have a spot in the middle I need to focus on.

picture.php

Under the Gluebreath girls
picture.php

Critical Kush #1
picture.php

GastroGrower

Welcome Bobbo4200! Glad to have you around. I really like those SSSDH plants you've been running and hope you can give me some feedback once I run that strain again. I'm about to head out of town for a few days, but I think when I get back I'm going to pop 1 or 2 more of the SSSDH seeds I have. If they're ready before the clone I took of the mom I have, they're gonna be the ones I use for my next run. I'm trying to decide between running it in a DWC system or coco. I have a little bit more experience with pure hydro, but I've found coco recently to be really easy to work with and less devastating when accidents happen. You run yours in coco right?

Checked on the GBxPB #1 seed plant today at day 37 of 12/12. She's got some nutrient issues - looks like a mix of nitrogen toxicity and magnesium deficiency. Claw on leaf tips of mostly older growth, some beginning to show on the new growth on top of the colas so it's clearly still and issue. Burn between veins on some older leaves from the supposed mag def, but nothing on the newer growth. I believe the mag issues started when the coco got dry last week. The pump frequency needed to be increased with the pump run time decreased (by half on each variable). Now the coco is staying evenly moist so I think I just need to decrease the PPM.

Right now I have both Tent #2 and Tent #3 running the 6/9 GH formula at ~550 PPM and 5.8 pH. I am going to try and bring the PPM for both down to 500 or 450. Any other suggestions? I'll try to get some pictures to illustrate the deficiency issues and post them.

GastroGrower

Here is the supposed nitrogen toxicity:
picture.php
picture.php

Magnesium deficiency?
picture.php

Here is a blurry phone shot of the tric development at the beginning of week 6. Not a lot of bulk yet but still looking pretty nice.
picture.php

Based on my notes, I can lower PPM all the way through veg and bloom, but at the beginning of week 5 it's going to stop sucking a lot of nitrogen and I may need to lower PPM a bit more and consider a bloom booster. I'll probably try lowering just the PPM first on the clone run I just started this week and if they make it through the run without major issues from overfeeding, I'll run them again trying a small addition of a bloom booster.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey thanks Gastro! Yeah I like to run in coco, and also try run a light feed as well. Just go easy on your base nute and a light bud booster. Yeah looks like mag or pH maybe, try around a pH of 6. Also when multi feeding you don't need to go heavy on the nutrients. If it was me I'd go coco, hope this helps.

GastroGrower

Thanks Bobbo4200, I'll get my pH up to 6 and keep the PPM low and see how they react. The girls in Tent #3 are looking nice and full today. I need to get something to raise up the Kush plant as it's not getting enough light around the edges of it's canopy. Looks like both of these are going to end up a good size for this tent as long as the Kush doesn't stretch a ton (which I'm not expecting).

Here is a comparison of Day 1 vs Day 4 of 12/12.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

I actually just flipped them to 12/12 this past Monday so they're on day 4 of flower. I decided to go ahead and move into flower before the screen was totally packed since I didn't want to over crowd. There isn't a ton of stretch on this strain so I think I can maintain a nice tidy canopy once I get the Kush moved up.

justiceman

Veteran
Ya when coco gets dry weird stuff starts to happen and you can get salt build/ph issues/lockout blah blah etc. You seem to be on the right track lowering the ppm a bit, and keeping her nice and hydrated should be fine.

Thought I would throw this down as it's pretty useful.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1782569&postcount=314

Your canopy is looking great man! and so is the resin. Can't wait to see that screen fill out. Awesome job so far especially with going out of town from time to time.

GastroGrower

Thanks Justiceman, I think I've got the 6/9 figured out, it's mostly issues related to pot size and root growth/water uptake once they transition to bloom. That Gluebreath hybrid with the issues is on a 12/12 schedule at night time. It's harder for me to get in and check up on them often throughout the night so I think I should be able to keep a better eye on Tent #3 as they go through that increase in the root zone, making sure they stay consistently moist since they are lights on during the day.

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Yeah man I also have nitrogen toxicity showing on basically every singe plant I fucking have right now. It's rediculous and pointless for me to try and flush it out or somethin.. it's causing so much stress I don't need right now...

BUT on a good note I saw some grows of gluebrearh.. or some pics but it looked like some fire bro.. hope you have the same genetics as the other grows I've seen on here..

That critical Kush looks like a branchy bitch lol..

GastroGrower

Yeah what I've read up on the Garlicbreath sounds really appealing. I'd like to get some beans and try that strain by itself to see what it runs like. Obviously the GG#4 is always going to bring something nice to the mix. I think I got lucky with this pheno as there appears to be some scent from all the parents. A really nice ratio of the garlic/gum smell. So far, yield isn't amazing, or she's just a slow developer. If I can get her dialed in really well I think I can increase what she puts out and bring her close to my other keepers in terms of bud size.

The seedlings I have of the other Pink Bazooka hybrids are coming along nicely. If I find another pheno with the bubble gum flavor to it and it ends up male, I'll be hitting the female GBxPB with it's pollen to see if I can pull that gum out a little more in the offspring.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey GastroGrower, pulling up a seat in here. I see you were 1 of the lucky ones that got some DTOG genetics, that Pink Glue should be real nice along with the others. Just a quick point Gluebreath and Garlic Breath are 2 different strains, think you and Dakine are talking about 2 different things. I've grown the Garlic Breath (Hogsbreath Mom, stinky) a few times outside and 1 Gluebreath (Glue Mom also stinky), currently still have the Gluebreath clone and Garlic Breath seeds so these 2 could meet in the future ;). What smells are you getting off a stem rub on your Gluebreath x PB so far? Take care 1

Dakine

Veteran
Under the Gluebreath girls
View Image

Critical Kush #1
View Image

Kant C, Thats seriously what I Was thinking about an hour ago lol.. But I went back A page and saw him say Glue breathe again haha.. I didnt look back any Further though, So I could still be wrong.

Either way, what ever cross it is. Its going to be some fire. All the Hogsbreathe crosses came out dank as fuck imo.

Did the Hog come out in both crosses KAnt C? Which one did you like better?

I hope you dont mind Gastro, just wanted to get some info. Dont really know much about these strains/crosses. I thought they where from Canna Venture or somethin lol..

GastroGrower

Welcome to the party Kant C Shyt! Happy to have you here. I should clarify, I want to run the Garlic Breath specifically - I'd also be down to try the Gluebreath and see what it looks like without the Pink Bazooka in it.

To me the stem rubs give off a sweet, smoky, oniony smell. It reminds me a lot of BBQ sauce with some slight salty undertone. I personally refer to it as 'BBQ Breath' haha.
The flowers themselves have a much more complex smell with a stronger lean towards the sweet side. I think the stink will develop more as it gets further into flower though.

GastroGrower

Here's an update on the Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka #1 in Tent #2. Calyx swelling is beginning to pick up and the nose has developed a lot since a few days ago. The bubble gum scent is really dominant - at first I thought I may just be reading into it too much since I know it has the Pink Bazooka in it - but there is no question about it now. Just enough sweetness with a little undertone of skunk.

picture.php
picture.php

Most of the deficiency issues have halted, I've got the pump timed to the point where the coco is keeping moist all day and that seems to have helped quite a bit. I haven't seen the girls in Tent #3 in a few days, but lights on starts in about 10 minutes so I'll see how they managed the time I was gone.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Dakine, it will be some fire regardless of what cross cause GastroGrower got some growing skills ;). The Hogsbreath did come out in the cross Garlic Breath, excellent phenos can be found ranging from the Tenn Hogsbreath mother used to the Chem G dad (they called him G for Garlic if I remember correctly). There is a clone of the Garlic Breath going around on here called Beyoncé. Garlic Breath was a strain made by Cannaventure a few years back, I've grown it a few times so far and liked it a lot and friends agreed its a solid strain, very stinky and potent.

The Gluebreath (unrelated to the Hogsbreath) is a cross of GG#4 x The 3 (basically a Cookie/Glue cross) made by Chunkypigs and is also a clone that is making the rounds. I have only grown it once and had to pull early OD due to bug damage and mold. Didn't get to sample it that much and definitely not in its full glory but it was ok.

Hey GastroGrower, glad to be at the party! I think you will really enjoy the Garlic Breath from CVS. For me it was all about finding the Hogsbreath phenos as I have plenty of Chem genetics already. Unique smoke with a punch with what you have to look forward to.

BBQ sauce on the stem rub, sounds interesting but funny its not the 1st time someone has said they smelled BBQ on a weed plant lol. Those pics of the GB x PB look nice, can't wait to see them in another 30 days ;). Take care 1