Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2018, 05:47 PM #4031
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermen_eutics View Post

Im finding it improbable that i pulled samples from gypsum rich veins in the soil on both occasions

That soil was measured 2x. In first analysis the S number is 5k+. Next measurement, 5-6 weeks later is close to 3900. While it was the same batch of soil it wasn't the same pot.

In post #4045 growingcrazy's m3 S value is 9115.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM #4032
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
I am also a fan of being on the edge of K at the start of flowering. This is why I know that 4% isn't going to fly.

We knew the N was to much. Still riding a 1.9EC. This will be a "good" run for a first in this bed... I have plants ranging from heavy indica to sativa, all in the same bed, same nutrition. Not to bad...
it's fun running many strains, more difficult but if for personal, only way to do it.... Add a handful of different species all with the same mix and it becomes even more fun to try and make everything happy without too much effort - balance beam

we have our third Neaster in past 15 or so days coming.... Another foot or two on it's way, plus the wrap around lake effect, awesome.... meanwhile in the unheated GH, BokChoy, Spinach, Onions, Carrots, Lettuce, Beets are up and are racing along for what little sun we're getting. Love this time of year

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:21 PM #4033
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I am also a fan of being on the edge of K at the start of flowering. This is why I know that 4% isn't going to fly.

We knew the N was to much. Still riding a 1.9EC. This will be a "good" run for a first in this bed... I have plants ranging from heavy indica to sativa, all in the same bed, same nutrition. Not too bad...
Just been following along this thread the last few days, just wondering, how do you measure the ec of your soil?

Old 03-12-2018, 06:36 PM #4034
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
I use 2 methods.

1. An EC meter with probe. A Hannah like Jidoka pictured, field scout or something similar. The PET2000 from Germany was going to be the next one I tested but I am over trying to get one.

2. I like the old 1:2 (soil:water) method as a means to log information. I use a simple Hannah EC nutrient meter for these. I take a TDS and EC reading and just log them. Seeing if they correlate to direct probe results and how those numbers impact plant growth.

The only meters I own are pH, EC (soil and water) TDS and brix.

Procedure is that of soil sampling...same depth each time, the operator is the unknown in the equation.

Hope that answers your questions paulie!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:51 PM #4035
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
That Ca number isn't real. Look at the sulfur in the same sample. He got a mouthful of gypsum in that sample. Happens alot.

Can't just run the numbers without looking at the bigger picture.
This is something this thread needs to explore. I always error on the side of Slown Being right, however I have now tried a handful of tests without getting high S readings, yet it has proved to be impossible. I believe the answer might be, we actually have that high of S levels in the soil.

My last test, I didn't add gypsum for 1 month before harvest, and watered heavy from there out. This was my dep beds, and it was HOT. So lots of water since that last gypsum feed. Then before I took new soil samples, I tilled the bed heavy, and irrigated heavy. I still ended up with redonk S levels.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:52 PM #4036
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I use 2 methods.

1. An EC meter with probe. A Hannah like Jidoka pictured, field scout or something similar. The PET2000 from Germany was going to be the next one I tested but I am over trying to get one.
That company really has some useless employees huh? Lazy, entitled pieces of crap. I love the meter, but wow they were pieces of work.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:10 PM #4037
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
An easy way to tell on the gypsum is do the math backwards. Calculate the cec from the ppms. If that is way high something be wrong

Old 03-12-2018, 11:12 PM #4038
Hermen_eutics
Banned

Hermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
This is something this thread needs to explore. I always error on the side of Slown Being right, however I have now tried a handful of tests without getting high S readings, yet it has proved to be impossible. I believe the answer might be, we actually have that high of S levels in the soil.

My last test, I didn't add gypsum for 1 month before harvest, and watered heavy from there out. This was my dep beds, and it was HOT. So lots of water since that last gypsum feed. Then before I took new soil samples, I tilled the bed heavy, and irrigated heavy. I still ended up with redonk S levels.
Im wondering same. There was no gypsum interventions in my soil since Oct-Nov. The reading of ~3900 was after 2 months of resting and moderate flushing and close to 4 months of no gypsum application.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:53 PM #4039
growingcrazy

Quote:

The S is real. I take samples being very systematic. No way I am pulling a handful of gypsum from each core sample. Not happenin...

Quote:
That company really has some useless employees huh? Lazy, entitled pieces of crap. I love the meter, but wow they were pieces of work.
Sad isn't it? They must have the market cornered somewhere.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:09 AM #4040
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:

Gypsum has only one real danger and it seems everyone is starting to find it out... It's very, very hard to get too much Ca, S.... not so much ... S is used as the Acid balance in a lot of things, it adds up

Balance Beam

Thread Closed