Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2018, 06:59 PM #3651
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
A great video to watch. Personally, I agree a bit more with Albrecht and Tiedjens.... closer to 85% Ca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-aO...e_gdata_player
Fascinating. These guys really break it down to the nitty gritty and in a clear way. Thanks for posting it.

Anyone have the same kind of guys breaking all this info down for hydro? Element size effects on soil don't matter for me very much.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM #3652
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Douglas,

Glad you enjoyed the explanation regarding soils!

The Univ of Florida team did a hydro program for tomatoes with more Ca than K. https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/cv216

Those that have had to accommodate into hydro grows have all been jacking the Ca and P up, as well as lowering Mg. Some don't want to talk about it... haha

Micros should also be played with, I have been taking babysteps with hydro grows as I really don't like them and have been literally pulled into it by established hydro operations that really don't want to get out of hydro.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Last edited by slownickel; 01-09-2018 at 07:49 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 05:48 AM #3653
Dankwolf

Dankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to allDankwolf is a name known to all
Thank you slow times are good

Soil is the only way to go

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:11 PM #3654
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Fascinating. These guys really break it down to the nitty gritty and in a clear way. Thanks for posting it.

Anyone have the same kind of guys breaking all this info down for hydro? Element size effects on soil don't matter for me very much.
it doesn't apply to hydro, where is the soil micelle ?

Old 01-10-2018, 02:14 PM #3655
led05

led05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the roughled05 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Douglas,

The Univ of Florida team did a hydro program for tomatoes with more Ca than K. https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/cv216

Those that have had to accommodate into hydro grows have all been jacking the Ca and P up, as well as lowering Mg. Some don't want to talk about it... haha

Micros should also be played with, I have been taking babysteps with hydro grows as I really don't like them and have been literally pulled into it by established hydro operations that really don't want to get out of hydro.
grow some HOT peppers. above 500K scoville and you'll learn near EVERYTHING you can imagine in how to grow this plant....

everyone says tomato, nope, it's peppers.... they are identical in their hoglike Ca & P requirements.... they also love B, & Mn, go figure

Slo this isn't posted to you (your the choir) it's to others and hopefully helpful

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7e24d...798e6194fb.pdf

there is nothing better to get things pumping IMHO in young seedlings

Old 01-10-2018, 02:31 PM #3656
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly View Post
i ran scanner. it shows slow nickel has 2 girls. thats bullshit. u cant take a poverty girl like that ever once. the day you get a #1 girl from them you cant post again. like with gypsy and weed. thread is kinda a hoax. every guy with 2 girls taps out in the same places and times of year. proven fact. if ur not showing cash from grows then ur not really showing anything.
Maybe you should read more of the thread to get a better idea of what you are talking about. I am not a "grower", I am a farmer and have been making a living "farming" for many many years. And if you read close enough, all the growers that are listening are having great results. The couple of little plants that I grow are abandoned for weeks at a time as I am at one farm or another or travelling. Not my business, never said it was.

WOW! NOT SURE WHERE ARE NEWBY SLIGHTLY WENT, but he seems to be gone! Wonder if that was the magic boot?
TO THIS WORLD

Last edited by slownickel; 01-11-2018 at 02:14 AM..

Old 01-10-2018, 02:34 PM #3657
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by led05 View Post
grow some HOT peppers. above 500K scoville and you'll learn near EVERYTHING you can imagine in how to grow this plant....

everyone says tomato, nope, it's peppers.... they are identical in their hoglike Ca & P requirements.... they also love B, & Mn, go figure

Slo this isn't posted to you (your the choir) it's to others and hopefully helpful

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/7e24d...798e6194fb.pdf

there is nothing better to get things pumping IMHO in young seedlings
That is a great Baicor Ca product! We use it in Mexico.
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-10-2018, 02:40 PM #3658
led05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly View Post
ok the poverty girl never heard of grower or farmer. tell me what you would tell her for the first time not 2 stories.
I rarely entertain things like this; but I do slightly miss Jidoka and gold & white or whatever the numerous aliases were....

slo wears big boy pants so I don't need to defend, I do this by choice and fun......

I agree, slo isn't a farmer but what slo does do is clear - GIVE more than he takes, what say you?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:16 PM #3659
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud ofDouglas.Curtis has much to be proud of
Quote:
Douglas,

Yes, it's fascinating how ratios of the elements change the composition of the soil. Greatly appreciate the link, I'll check it out for sure. (Btw: I'd be happy to walk you through how simple hydro can be. PM me.)
Save

Old 01-10-2018, 04:21 PM #3660
led05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Yes, it's fascinating how ratios of the elements change the composition of the soil. Greatly appreciate the link, I'll check it out for sure. (Btw: I'd be happy to walk you through how simple hydro can be. PM me.)
Save
sadly, simplicity doesn't or never equals true quality, we've all done "hydro" normally where people "start" for a reason or simply for economics, this thread is purely and clearly about maximizing this plant in soil, dude CEC....

Not trying to be a dick even if being one but posting Hydro in here is like posting LED in a HPS forum...

I just re-read this AND it pisses me off.... I actually FULLY believe in simplicity, I just also FULLY know Hydro is a shortcut and waste of time if you care at all about the end user..... Go to the grocer, you see hydro tomatoes, they taste and deliver shit, my heirlooms on the other hand...... In a single tomato or pepper I givef you a 100x's nutrient density, if not more, I'm being conservative - btw, I'm planting 2K seedings today, what are you doing? I bet my GH's are pumping mid march and enjoying that HOT sun, if you aren't a farmer in the N you haven't a clue but the SUN already is getting hot.... believe that w - Feb 1 st ur date, that's the deal, things grow again ! N of 40 degrees but they will start now if in a tunnel in a tunnel, TY Elliot

this is proprietary shit, your seedlings will rock down to 25F , maybe even 22F.... Instagram that shit, nope it's useless like FB

Last edited by led05; 01-10-2018 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: BC I disagree w myself

Thread Closed