What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it illegal to provide grow info on MMJ on the Internet

1Maconheiro

I am thinking about providing information about growing medical marijuana for personal use and where to purchase the equipment on a blog or website. I will not be selling any MMJ or seeds I will provide information, videos and growing equipment. My Question is will I be breaking any laws doing this? What legal issues could I be facing?

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Giving anyone the "recipe" to grow cannabis and teaching anyone to grow can and will be considered a felony. It would be up to the prosecutor to determine charges if they want to go that route.
Sucks but that's the way it is.

You can just keep your wifi network unprotected and if you ever get rolled you can say someone else posted it...you would have to be running your comp off a thumb drive etc this was legal precedent last time I checked but obviously I aint a lawyer

corky1968

Veteran
There's how-to grow cannabis videos on Youtube. Since YouTube is owned by Google.

I guess Google is going to jail too. :laughing: :pointlaug:

shithawk420

Veteran
lol corky! but yeah technically it is conspiracy to commit felony but how the hell would the prosecuter know if you did?and if its in a medical state why would they even care?the jails and prisons couldnt even hold that many people if they were gonna put people away for that

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
There's how-to grow cannabis videos on Youtube. Since YouTube is owned by Google.

I guess Google is going to jail too. :laughing: :pointlaug:

Yeah it's out there all over the place. But if the gov wanted to they could charge google and all involved it they wanted to. The old saying is the gov could indite a ham sandwich if they wanted.

Easy7

Veteran
I read a story a long time ago that was old way back then. Some guy at a greenhouse store that sold flowers, veggie plants, ferts and stuff. Well he told some one how to grow cannabis and got some years for it.

The way I see it there is already so much info dedicated on the net. Books out there very much on the subject. Cannabis isn't even all that much different than similar crops unless you wanna be detailed.

It would be a political charge purely

WelderDan

Veteran
Yeah it's out there all over the place. But if the gov wanted to they could charge google and all involved it they wanted to. The old saying is the gov could indite a ham sandwich if they wanted.

Actually, the bit about indicting a ham sandwich was a quote by a former NY State Chief Judge about grand juries. He said that District Attorneys had so much influence over the Grand Juries that "by and large" they could get them to "indict a ham sandwich."

Though your point is still valid. The Government can charge you with anything, and incarcerate you indefinitely while they "investigate."

shithawk420

Veteran
lol google is one of the most powerful entities in the world.the government probably own them.if they dont it would be a huge mistake to sue them

igrowone

Veteran
isn't this the essence of the '24 million in buckets' thread? which is very recent
case is centered around a person providing detailed grow information to clients/partners
there seems to be a legal line where one side is posting onto an anonymous grow site
the other side is where you're more connected to the operation

WelderDan

Veteran
Well, the Internet is awash with "How too" guides on anything. If you want to build a bomb, make meth, modify your AR-15 to full auto, and grow weed, there is plenty of web sites and forums out there to tell you exactly how to do it.

Lets not forget all the books anyone can get from Amazon. I got one of DJ's books from Amazon. High Times publishes grow info. Books by Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes are the first you see on an Amazon search.

I honestly can't find much, other than a 1999 bill that passed the Senate. This bill supposedly targeted info on making meth, but it was so broadly worded that any illicit substance was covered. And I can't figure out if it was actually signed into law or was dropped.

So I don't know. But like I said earlier, the Government can still jam you up if it wants to.

So in places like Florida, where it is on the ballot again this year, get your asses out and VOTE. And don't just vote for ballot measures like this one, vote AGAINST any Politician that has prohibition as part of his/her platform.

redlaser

Veteran
Depending on who is doing the investigating, pretty sure you would need recorded phone conversations or a history of exchanging emails, texts, etc.
The charge is called conspiracy to manufacture a controlled substance if I'm not mistaken.

Latest posts

Latest posts