What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandoggy Purps / XMas Special Grow

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking killer bro

get them scisors out, they asking for it

i find its best to top at least twice for yield

peace

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
looking killer bro

get them scisors out, they asking for it

i find its best to top at least twice for yield

peace

thanks ojd, went ahead and got out the snips, sanitized them in h2o2 to be extra safe, then cleanly snipped off the tops. Easier to do when they are little:

picture.php

So now we will wait and see what happens next.... how long will it take them to rebound, for the wound to heal?!?!?!?

Smokindogcujo

I wish I would have picked these up when I got my OG Chem! They are looking sweet! Can't wait to see how they turn out for you! Looking good!

Grow Safe

SDC

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
The plants are showing new growth in the topped sections. Also seeing good lateral growth on the side shoots on the xmas specials.

I can start to tell the two strains apart. The gdp-doggy has rounder 'apple-bottom' like leaves, while the xmas special's leafs are straighter and more razor-like.

going to look at the later, will add more info if nec.

thanks

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
day 25

day 25

day 25 from seed.

The plants have reacted to the topping, particularly the xmas specials, which are looking to be great scrog plants.

the GDP-doggies are slower vegging than the xmas specials by a factor of 50% or so.

i may have to put the gdps in a another tent while I flower the xmas specials earlier. I'm not sure if I ever found out how much these can potentially stretch... their genetic are north london church x sssdh i think.

picture.php

xmas special, not the later branching growth:

picture.php

gdp doggies. less lateral growth:

picture.php

This one has a bit of damage on the lower fan leafs. Still dialing these in.

picture.php

group of 3 gdp doggy:

picture.php

thanks icmag

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
If u dont mind me saying, your girls sexy...... I got led myself, new 155watts equal to a thousand watt..

no offense but no 155 watt LED is equal to 1000 watts... read some of my led threads in my sig...

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
inspected the plants today. from my grandoggy it looks like I have two chem-leaning plants on one GDP dom. This is based on the roundness of the leafs and the rate of lateral growth.

For the xmas specials, they have exploded into mini christmas trees. No preflowers, but I think I saw preballs on one of them.

growth pattern note: The gdp-dom plant's side branches grow out then straight up, kind of line a bent long-stemmed mushroom, while the xmas plants side branches grow straight out like an xmas-tree. how fitting!

I know its hard to believe.... but I got my hand on a brand new led light..... The chips are 35 watts each with a total of about 155 watts... Ur led are at most 3 watt. these led unlike urs, have spent years n japan in a test sphere with complete analysis... I paid about 12 hundred for it but it actually puts out more red and blue then any hps or mh..... I have report on then and i can give u the store to buy them from if you would like... they produce very very little heat and are rated for about ten years... i dont mean to sales pitch them but these are the future... colleges Texas and the US government have startwd using them.. they are greenhouse led.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
PNW, start your own thread in the lighting forum if you wanna discuss your led light, let's not hijack wooly's thread...

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
day 27 1st preflowers

day 27 1st preflowers

day 27

Good news! 1st female preflowers, on an xmas special.

Luckily this is the most vigorous and branchy of the xmas specials. I'm wondering what to do next - flower this one out and take a bunch of clones, or maybe turn it into a mother plant, take clones and put them into 12/12 after a short veg... as i think these may stretch!

Of the other 2 xmases, one looks to be a male, other one is undetermined.... as are the 3 gdp-d's.

heres a pic of the fem

picture.php

picture.php

The led i have are still being tested... but if all works out ill save lots n electic and worst comes to worse extra side lite...

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Looks like I have two xmas females. The grandoggys aren't sexing yet.

Took about 8 cuts off of my xmas girl #1. She's ready to flower, no doubt.

xmas girl #2 is much less stretchy than #1. got to start cloning!!!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bro

for christmas special(north london church) the smaller pheno's are the selected pheno your looking for

not a huge yielder or stretcher but so stinky and tasty so best to veg a bit longer than usual to get a good yield

the stretchy pheno's are more sssdh dom and are bigger yielding

peace

look forward to the flower show

peace

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
hi bro

for christmas special(north london church) the smaller pheno's are the selected pheno your looking for

not a huge yielder or stretcher but so stinky and tasty so best to veg a bit longer than usual to get a good yield

the stretchy pheno's are more sssdh dom and are bigger yielding

peace

look forward to the flower show

peace

sweet ojd, thanks for the info! Yes, can definitely see the sssdh influence on girl #1... I will be sure to post updates this weekend.

I have a feeling I could put mom #1 into flower now, but nobody else in the tent is ready lol... guess I'll just have to keep her trimmed back. She'll do fine, she has that hybrid vigor.

So the score is:

XMAS SPECIAL (NORTH LONDON CHURCH)

1 probable male
1 confirmed female, stretchy sssdh pheno. This one has grown about 5" taller than the rest
1 possibly confirmed female, squat church pheno (keeper). This one is about the same height as the grandoggys, with more air in the structure.

TO DO THIS WEEKEND:

- label clones
- take cuts off of north london
- taper down nutes for x-sssdh to slow down stretch/growth... she's going to fast compared to the others in the tent

- hope the grandoggy's show sex soon!

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
I'm really glad I posted the shots in the seedling cups.... so I know when to transplant into 1-gallons... got my hortilab super sour skunks next in the grow show!

edit: the grandoggys are turning into nice scrog-like bushes.

SCROG INFO:

. I use a 3-hole corner elbow and PVC, believe the diameter is 1/2".

For the screen I use wire fencing, believe the holes are each ~ 1.5" x 2".

I measure the screen size, cut my screen, then zip-tie it to the PVC frame. Roughly 6-8 zip-ties per side and you're set. After 10+ scrogs and 1 Killer Queen Kush plant lift the whole screen ~5" off the ground, the screen is still firmly attached to the frame and running strong. Lot less work then drilling too!

EXAMPLE PIC:

picture.php

anther scrog shot LINK:

3822frameandtub2.JPG

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
FEM UPDATE

FEM UPDATE

One of the grandoggy purps in a female!!! :)

I'd say the other two are female-leaning as well.

Looks like I have some cuts to take! Man, I don't like dealing with lots of clones, who does I guess.... time to get the scrog screen setup!!!