What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grower's Notes: 1 year of SAGE

Hi Hi High! having just past the 1 year mark of growing TH Seeds "SAGE"... thought perhaps some here might wish to learn from my efforts with her thus far. Since I use several hydro methods, in addition to growing soil... all indoors... and can adjust the amount of lighting (from approx 600 watts M2 to about 800 per M2)... if I enjoy something... tried lots of different stuff so as to milk out the very best. Hope this helps you...

Seed: Okies... popped three out of the 10 pack... sprouted within 36 hours out of their Oasis cubes. Grew them in an ebb and flow
with a combo of Coco and Growrock (50/50) GH 3 part fert. Third week was able to toss the two males... (they were about 22" tall *smiles* so were easy to "sex". ha ha ha). The little lady just poked along... topped her at 5th node or so... but at 45 days she was only about 11" tall. Had plopped her into a GH Waterfarm (NA version) on about day 32... so when she was placed into flower at about 11.5"... wasnt expecting much.... GH 3 part all the way... began flushing about day 55 with pure water.

WOW! what a suprise.... when she finished... she ended up at about 54" (my optimum is 38" - 42") yet despite my having to bend her tops straight down (pointed towards the floor) she delivered almost 4 ozs. 3 of those came from the top half of the plant... taken on day 79... the bottom half of the plant caught another 10 days of light, yeilding just a hair under an oz. Big beautiful buds... weighed about 1/3 as much as Indica buds of similar size.

The smoke was cured for over a month before she was even tasted. The taste put me off... weird, hard to explain. Sorta like a glass of V8 Juice without the tomato... with a medice taste in there. Wasn't wild for it ... AT THAT TIME... but the buzz was well... exceptional for an indoor plant... a very good sativa high. Wonderful.. in fact.

Cuttings: okies... this is where the fun begins. Ran some more in the GH Waterfarms, some in Passive Coco. Used BC Grow/Bloom on some... some more on GH 3 part... and some on a GH 2 part called Floramato, and some 100% organic hydro. Did little single cola style, crammed in 3 to a sq ft... multitop bush style... worked out like this:

#1 for yeild and taste... leans toward the GH 2 part Floramato. The taste was MUCH improved, and grown side by side same style test with the ferts... Floramato won "hands down". (this has not been true with some other stuff I grow)

2# the bigger... the better. This Lady seems to enjoy some space, and given more space... she yeilds more.

The Soil Grow: This is where she showed me what a true starlet she is. Grew her (2 of them) in a "hot" soil mix, added 50% a mixture of Coco, Perlite and worm castings (45/45/10). Ferted her with Earth Juice Grow upon 12/12 (she had many transplants in veg... and was only fed Worm Casting and Compost Teas during veg). Top branches were twisted to bulge the gals up a bit, and 14 days before 12/12 they were placed into 4 gallon pots. Second week of flower they were fed a large amount of bat guano (the fruit stuff.. for flower). Teas were given frequently... one feeding of Fish Ferts... nothing but pure water from day 60 on. Each girl was given just under 3 sq ft @ about 65 watts per sq... and 80 days later gave up just over 300 grams of amazing bud. The taste from this (now having been cured about 6 weeks) is out of this world. Anything about the taste(s) I wasnt crazy for have become history.

Needless to say... have an ongoing Love affair with this stuff. What is great... is am still smoking from that first harvest... six months ago... and gave about 1/3 away to my Teddy Bears. It gets me just as HIGH (and I do mean HIGH) today... as it did 6 months ago. Smoke this stuff just about everyday... never seem to consume more than about .5 gram a day (although I do smoke other stuff too... every day *grins* hee hee hee).

Paid $75 US for the seed... total bargain. This stuff is to me... "the cat's meow". Havent tried the new "Sage N Sour"... which caims a shorter finish time. Was tempted... hee hee hee... but still think there is more for me to coax out of this sweetie here.

Okies? Sorry that I live in a "Nazi State" and am afraid to post picture. *shrugs* TH Seeds website has some "bud shots" if you must... Personally, my favorite buds to look at reside in jars... here... in my long, black lacquered console. *smiles*

*stuffs a burning joint of Sage through the comp screen to You*
sorry for any typos... have been smoking this stuff since I started writing this. *waves aloha* Akiko

G

Nice rundown on the strain. Wish you could give out taste testers!! :)

king j

great report im glad to see some good experimentation with a single strain so you can actually evaluate your efforts

*waves HIGH!* thanks for the positive vibes... and *sighs* wish also that I could indeed pass out "taste samples" *grins*

To avoid any confusion... the 300 grams was total from BOTH plants.. ha ha ha. Looked back today... didnt want anyone to misunderstand that. However... that was from 2/3 of a M2. THSeeds claims only 350 M2 from Sage... but as you can see, it does yeild better.

Also, in terms of the taste... there was something "missing" from the GH 3 part hydro and BC Grow/Flower grows. It is a sweet/spice flavor... am guessing its what folks refer to as a "sandalwood" taste *shrugs*. The GH 2 part Floramato seemed to have a good balance to the taste... almost as good as the soil.
The soil grown stuff is all MUCH sweeter (and this is very sweet pot to begin with)... and was very tasty even after only 3 or 4 weeks in the jars.

As for this type of report... will post a few more for you... have 4 or 5 other types of stuff that have grown several different ways too. Some will be good reports... and a couple will keep you from buying the stuff... *smiles* For now, have a fantastic day. *waves aloha* Akiko

funker

This is just what I needed, thanks!

Just got an offer for some SAGE clones. I do looooove the taste and smell, nothing like marijuana, so fresh and fruity!

Anyway, planning on growing these out in 2 weeks with my other girls, all organic.

Thanks again! :)

-funker

drdon

Outside??

Outside??

My wife chucked me to the weeds (lol)! So I've got ten SAGE beans I wonder how an out door SAGE stalk would grow. Has anyone tried it outside? I'll let ya know in October.

Ciao

G

That's some haul ya had Tolteca... Did the teddy bears help out with the chop job?

OW!!!!

<<<pries the staple from left knee, mumbling... trails off, walks away.

It came from a California plant, called "Big Sur Holly". So as for outside, works in some climates... if you look at OG's Africa threads, Derrayld has some going right now. Think they should be near harvest time in about 4 weeks (?)... look for his threads. He is a great grower, so no doubt could tell you how its done for him outdoors. Its the 11 to 12 week finish time that you need to consider... better have a warm November. okies?

Barber Boy> *smiles* the Teddy Bears only consume. Course they dont ever "smart mouth" me either. Can't allow them access to any sticky buds... cant get it out of their fur. And if you wash em, the fur is no longer fluffy. Got it? And I NEVER shot a single staple into either of your knees... (saving those... *grins*).
Should read more carefully... feet: yes. Ears: yes Knees: NO
xoxoxo Aki

Latest posts

Latest posts