What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure blend original bloom, enough by itself?

shopvac

i disagree with the majority of the posts saying that you cannot get thru flowering with pb alone.... it can definitly be done with fantastic results. while preferable you may want to add a few additives such as cal and mag, most soiles have that added to them via dolmite lime wich should ideally be enough to last most the grow.

has anyone that claims you cannot ever made an attempt at using it alone?

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yes I have and It is far too rich in N which i noticed hald way thru flowering, look at the pics they are greener than I like mine to be at that point in flowering.
Peace
S

edit

So guano tea and liquid seaweed hmmm... How do you know how much guano and liquid seaweed to mix in?

Someone else mentioned calcium and magnesium, does anyone disagree with these additions? What could I use (that's organic) to get calcium and magnesium?

A few TBS of each with some molasses and EWC in a 4 gallon bucket would make a fine flowering tea.
The best form of calcium and magnesium in soil is dolomite lime because it will buffer your soil ph as a added bonus, use 1tbs per gallon of soil right in your soil mix.

Last edited:
K

kokua

shopvac said:
i disagree with the majority of the posts saying that you cannot get thru flowering with pb alone.... it can definitly be done with fantastic results. while preferable you may want to add a few additives such as cal and mag, most soiles have that added to them via dolmite lime wich should ideally be enough to last most the grow.

has anyone that claims you cannot ever made an attempt at using it alone?

americanagritech.com

American Agritech said:
PURE BLEND ™ is best used as a supplement to standard fertilizer or hydroponic nutrient formulations.

They do say that the Original Pure Blend contains all major elements but with a NPK of 0.5 –0.5 –1...it's not offering the plant much as far as major nutrition.

Last edited:

0p0rat0r

Suby, whats wrong with green leaves? Thanks for the info.

The back of the Pure Blend bottle says "If using alone 1-3 tablespoons per gallon."

I've read in the past it's desirable to lower the nitrogen and raise the phosphorus during flowering, but I can't remember why. Can one of you refresh my memory? :bat:

shopvac, have you flowered with pure blend alone before?

Thanks everyone. Got me thinking about what to do now. I want to keep this grow organic but I don't know if I'm really into mixing my own teas yet. Is there a more well suited organic mixture that comes premixed like pure blend?

dwtc

SUBY
thanks for clearing that up for me, guess i was really medicated. i knew it was one or the other just couldn't see past the fog.

stay safe and green,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc