What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Root Aphids Causing Hermies?

Mallcore Kid

having a hard time with root aphids right now.

very bad hermies in a bunch of different phenos that we have grown before with no issues.

are just the root aphids enough stress to cause hermis in otherwise healthy growing plants?

Granger2

Veteran
A few years ago I had about 8 or 10 plants in 9 oz solo cups. I decided to see what happens with great stress. I let them suffer for a good while then attacked the RA's. The plants started rebounding. One of the Bubbleicious plants which I had grown 4 or 5 crops of with no problems, didnt' herm, it became a male. Still growing the same plant with all females. Good luck. -granger

jackspratt61

A few years ago I had about 8 or 10 plants in 9 oz solo cups. I decided to see what happens with great stress. I let them suffer for a good while then attacked the RA's. The plants started rebounding. One of the Bubbleicious plants which I had grown 4 or 5 crops of with no problems, didnt' herm, it became a male. Still growing the same plant with all females. Good luck. -granger[/QU

Did you breed with the reversed plant?Was the pollen viable?

Medfinder

Chemon 91
stress? light stress and unstable genetic can cause herms.

imacloparids and soaking of growing media in vedge only.

get rid of any potatoes or other fruit or veggies in the home and check ceilings and walls for flying aphids.

perimeter control outside of areas is a must as well.

T

Teddybrae

I have no scientific credentials (just a lot of outdoor growing) but I think NOT. Very likely you have used seeds from a plant/s you did not notice were already sex-altering.

Granger2

Veteran
Teddy,

What would make you say that? I'm no novice, and I keep accurate records and label carefully. You can speculate all you want. I know what I observed. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts