What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bugs on buds

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love that ladybug shot Vesnican! Thanks for sharing!

The spiky caterpillar is pretty wild looking!

Glad you didn't get bit by that red striped snake! Looks like it has poisonous venom!

Here's a little cricket or grasshopper I saw a couple days ago. Been busy with work, so I have been having to inspect the garden at night.

This thread's awesome! Thanks for getting it going! :smoke:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks pipeline. Its nice to see some night time bugs for a little change in pace. I'm glad you like this thread as much as I do. I hope it keeps going for a long time and keeps filling up with little bud loving bugs!
Thanks to everyone for sharing its been great so far!

M

metsäkana

Good catch! It does look like a cocoon. It could also be something that died there which has been infected with a fungus. Hard to say for sure without a more detailed pic.

no more detailed pics this happened last year.. it was ROCK hard and not an insect more like polypore.. i cutted it half with fiskars scissors and it was soft wood like or hard mushroom kind of consistency.. also it was not hollow but full.. what else you want to know? yeah i agree on fungus/polypore i would like to know the class

im 99% sure it was not dried up insect becouse there was not any kind of slime .. not even hardened looking ones.. i seen cocoons too they more like webs and much more softer

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Fake news. Those bugs are on leaves and a cane. Sad. Very sad.

Ha ha yes, and there was NO collusion, which is more beautiful than you could ever imagine, so Covfefe to all who don't agree that I am absolutely amazing in all regards.

On a serious note, a Panel of Inquiry should be established to investigate and publish official White Paper findings documenting whether or not any of the above bugs were PLANTED on the plants, for a photo-op to impress unsuspecting punters.

Nup

Gotta love bugs, nice thread.

Sitting out and searching for bugs makes you look at the plant very differently.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

NENugger

Same katydid type. He either just caught a ghost bug or shed his skin.
I flipped the pic to make it easier to see.

picture.php

CowboyTed

Those aphids look too familiar. I have an ongoing battle with them. I can't seem to kill them, but I manage to keep them from reproducing very quickly. I keep a spray bottle of soapy water, and go aphid hunting every day. Soapy water kills the aphids, but only the ones it touches.

Meanwhile, this little lady helps me with the ones I can't see:

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Little suckers they are so annoying. Good pictures anyway.

Its just on my outdoor males that I'm done with already so its not so bad a problem, but I appreciate your concern regardless. I leave the dudes outside at the end of the season until they die and rot so I can see which ones are the wimpiest.