What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ohio Cannabis shootings, why is no one talking about it?

igrowone

Veteran
ok, if it's a cartel style op what's the chain of events?
only thing comes to mind is the family was bankrolled on the grow setup
and then found some better paying folks to deal with

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
if it's the Dixie Mafia?...this will be settled, internally, justified.. :chin:
(it's against the rules to kill someone in a trailer)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sounds like how the Mexicans do things to me...maybe they were competing for the market in that area....yeehaw...someone made an example of that family for sure

EL ROBUSTO

Anyone think that there might be a corporate/government angle to this story?????
Looks like there's 4 new sites ready to grow, let's see what happens to all that land, also lets see what new regulations pop up after the political debate.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
sounds like how the Mexicans do things to me...maybe they were competing for the market in that area....yeehaw...someone made an example of that family for sure

maybe they stopped buying seeds from GreenHouse and Arjan put a hit on them.

200 plants is a lot of seed money. think it over.
I'm getting mad just thinking about losing that kind of revenue.:biggrin:

picture.php

iBogart

Veteran
From what I gather, this area is known for illegal drug activity, including cartels from Mexico operating in the area. With the grow operations, the killing of the whole family. Just too many dots connecting.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
just that one property/house had 200 plants right??? ..and there was more grows so it could be a lot of weed overall produced by them...yeehaw...sucks to be them...

jump /injack

Veteran
Sounds like something that would happen in Mexico, there are killings like that all the time down there in that shit hole. Now we have 12 to 20 million Mexican Nationals here in the states and our own President sold them guns in "Fast and Furious", 2200 hundred of them and they were military grade, AK-47's, AR-15's, Barrett .50 calibers and ammunition. There has been over 80,000 murders in Mexico that concerned drugs and "El Chapo or Shorty Guzman" when he was captured just last month had a .50 Barrett. The Cartels have been hiring Mexican Gangbanger killers in Los Angeles for years, guys that have been trained in our Armed Forces, they find gang signs all over Iraq and Afghanistan. Google up Tijuana Cartels and murder for more stories. Sounds like a Mexican hit squad in the United States, really smart of our government letting these ass holes into this country.

hamstring

Veteran
I could be wrong dead wrong but I doubt it was Mexican cartels. Too small of an opp more money in meth and H to worry about small potatoes like this.

This is someone close to the family always is. One of them was shot 9 times sounds like crime of passion rather than professional hit.

jump /injack

Veteran
Way station for heroin mules?

Way station for heroin mules?

I could be wrong dead wrong but I doubt it was Mexican cartels. Too small of an opp more money in meth and H to worry about small potatoes like this.

This is someone close to the family always is. One of them was shot 9 times sounds like crime of passion rather than professional hit.

Sounds to me that they were leaving a message for the rest of the gang, "here is what happens to those the cheat or steal from us." Not to long ago the Mexicans chopped off the heads of nine people and hung them from the bridge between Mexico and the US. Why was Obama doing business with these types? Selling guns to them, why? The killers wiped out the whole family except for two babies. you'll be competing with the Mexican Cartels soon, Mexico legalized Cannabis and it'll be coming over the border grown by slaves, how can you compete. Now Obama is letting out of prison heroin and meth dealers, sound like he's setting up his own gang, Chicago is now the main distribution point for all Mexican heroin according to the FBI and Chicago newspapers.

Chicago and heroin, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26393854

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
this is where we find out if the all powerful air/satellite surveillance is what many think it is
if it is, then the vehicles that made the hits should be in the video record
put that together with all the other stuff in the leo databases and arrests should be made at some point
it will quite interesting to see the outcomes on this case

armedoldhippy

Veteran
want to thank those that brought this up, it was NOT on the news anywhere around here until today. all of the news the Govt WANTS you to hear, i guess...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Apparently they found cockfighting arenas and 100's of roosters. Cockfighting is a Mexican thing isn't it?

a rural American thing, and Asian thing, and...some Asian crime syndicates will not kill YOU if you rip them off, but they WILL kill everyone they can find that is blood-related to you as well as friends etc.

Skip

Veteran
Sounds like something that would happen in Mexico, there are killings like that all the time down there in that shit hole.
Actually this sounds like the plot of Fargo last season (tv show). That was supposedly based on a true story of a gang from Kansas City trying to take over the drug trade from a family in Minneapolis or wherever. It happened back in the 70s and pretty much everyone ended up dead.

Not much different from the Mafia wars in NYC or Chicago back in Capone's time.

This is what War on Drugs does. It breeds gangs, violence, black markets, inferior and sometimes dangerous products, police corruption, political repression, marginalization of users, industrial prison system, political corruption, money laundering, thousands of people dying needlessly, billions taken out of the economy, millions of people addicted, unlimited government spying, development of ever more dangerous "smart" drugs to skirt laws, fuels repressive regimes and provides income for terrorist groups like ISIS.

So ending the War on Drugs, on the worldwide scale would put a huge dent in all that (but won't end it).

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All i could think when i saw the sad news was "i hope that is not cannabis related."

some days later...

doh, face slap