What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor watering questions

20sackzack

I am planning an outdoor grow this season using cootz soil mix and have a few questions about watering.

I know it is ideal to use chlorine free water to support a living soil, but is it absolutely necessary? Basically I am wondering if I can use my city's water and still get good results?

From what the county water test I downloaded says, I have a very soft water supply with low ppm and only small amounts of chlorine added.

I would love to set up a drip system on a timer to make watering as easy as possible but if I can't use my water straight out the spigot I may have to figure something else out.

Here's a picture of the test
2z8857p.png

I have considered blumats but I'm not sure it would be practical for 6 plants in 50gal minimum each outdoors.

If anyone has any ideas on automatic watering methods I would love to hear them. Thanks!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
i use horrible city water and do just fine all these years ..high ph ,,383 ppm and chlorine....add some organic matter and chlorine goes away...smaller pots are best watered with chlorine neutralized with vit c or organic matter or bubbling whatever...larger pots and beds i do fine straight from tap...your results my vary..yeehaw...my larger stuff has worms in it so i cant be doing that bad with city water.

Latest posts

Latest posts