What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

photos courtesy of gloryoskie from last round

original rules:

1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming.

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit.

Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure.

Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

"Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

Call for entries will end 10 days from now, so eat a lil yogurt, choose a medium and put a clone in the cup if you want to participate.

before march 16th : Post pics of your clones in yogurt cups here in the "call for entries" thread & description of your medium, environment, lights, nutes &method/technique as well as the genetics of the plant(s) you are running.

After call for entries closes (March 16th), I will start another thread (probably here in contests OR in micro grows section as this applies to micro growing even if you are growing micro plants in a big environment). This next thread will be where weekly posts will be made.

Once the new thread is made we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

You can start as many yogurt cups as you want, but only one can be judged, you choose your best plant, show it off.
if u wana grow 100 yogi cups, DO IT!!

It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....

picture.php

^ my "yogi cup" plant late in flower from last round

some old threads of similar concepts:

Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
last rounds call for entries thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298

Beer cup challenges:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
^^ 2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
^^^ 2012

1 sqft challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973
^^^ 1sq. ft. challenge

Last edited by a moderator:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Err... do I do it? I did just plant a bunch of clones and there is a freshly eaten yogi cup in the trash... and it would grow right alongside my current plants...

Yup. Frack it... Im in. When can I 'officially' plant my yogi, Avi?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now

this thread is to introduce your players.... who they are, what medium & environment they live in, what they eat & drink....
you have now till march 16th to enter contestants in this thread, then the games begin, harvest must be by june 8th. you can flip into 12.12 whenever you want after march 16th.

G

greenmatter

looks like i gotta go buy some yogurt and cut some clones

i know the media will be coco ........ gotta smoke a little and think about the rest a lot .... or vice versa

clearcutter

What's the size limit for the clones? The last one was no taller than 6 inches from the top of the medium.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
deff will be joining in on this! gonna start getting things prepared now...

first i gotta puff some tho :joint:

audioguy

count me in

it'll be a random indica (bagseed) in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL.

Sorry I don't know the genetics, still learning on bagseed before I buy some real gear in a few months.

Will post pics later tonight after I'm done chopping down my sativa that just got done with her 48hrs in the dark :)

edit: I gotta clean my cab.. haha

G

gloryoskie

I'm in.

How about a Zamaldelica. My previous plant went 110 days, but
in a 6 oz. container should go a little quicker.

Coco Hempy, Maxibloom. Some string to keep the plant in check.
In my 110w PL-L box. Other plants going now, but there will be
room for her.

Let's see what happens. Pics by 3/16.

Avi- thanks for the credit on the pic, good thread starter!

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
i already have all my rooted clones in beer cups, i cant really downsize...but i just cut some fresh clones last night, i am going to try and have them rooted and get one in the yogurt cup before the 16th but i cant promise they will root that quick. is it ok if i get it in the yogurt cup a few days late?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sour get them in the yogurt cups by the 16th, even if not totally rooted..... and let the games begin

Im in, I have some clones in beer cups but may need to take a few cuts for the yogurt challenge.

pre98 with promix most likely.

G

gloryoskie

Okay, let's go.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Zamaldelica cutting, courtesy of ACE Seeds. Freebee.
Been flowering this a couple times, Fucking incredible smoke.
Look it up, some very good threads to get info here on icmag.

Usually potted in a 32 oz cup, did one in a 16 oz cup too.
Lots of low stress training. Yield is substantial enough to offset
longer flower time, about 3 1/2 months.

Flowered under 110 watts PL-L is good for me and mine.

Will veg this little one a while and flip in time to harvest
by end of this demonstration. Fingers crossed.

Any questions, just ask. I'll be posting update pics once
per week, but will lurk everyday.

Been doing the micro sats a while now, I hope this 6 oz
cup grow doesn't disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts