What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

cremater

Make sure your water temp is a little over 70 degrees and I would throw in some type of rooting accelerator as well. Olivia's is good stuff to use in the Aero cloners, thats what its made for and really gets roots coming on pretty quick.

Off to the hydro store ... be back with some rooting solution

Temps are about 78 F, the pump keeps it pretty steady throughout the say and night.

KingRalph

nice one cremater

sorry i haven't been around to get at questions, thanks to folks for jumpin in...

Where'sMyBud... that dome ya put on is causing for some slowness, cuts in these aero units do not need any dome at all :) that will just slow them down and keep temps a bit high, so i see you have that holding the lights well, cut off the top of that tub dome for future use an i tihnk you'll be much better off. good luck!

btw all, cuts should wilt for the first hour or two they're taken n put in... but will bounce back to perky n stay that way the entire time, with no dome... peace n green thumbs all... i need to get a 15/15 timer for this thang...

WARDONE

king rlph i wanna make an aero cloner cause i want to clone correctly can you tell me what the round things are that hold the clone in place is it "styrofoam" im unsure of how to do it buddy what pump do i need?
make one for me an ill pay you lol cheers
wardone

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
They are neoprene net pot covers. Most hydro stores (online and offline) carry them. I use a 396gph Ecoplus pump in this setup, also found at most hydro stores. You will want a filter bag for the pump as well.

WARDONE

in the aerocloner do you ph the water to 5.8 or not?
and the kights do they have to be on 18/6 or 24 hrs ???
please help!!!!
wardone

G

Morning Wardone, hope you don't mind me answering your question. In my DIY Aero Cloner. I make sure my PH is about 5.9-6.0, but mainly 5.8. I also run my light 24 hrs and use normal 4 foot shop lights with cool tubes. I've had super results with this setup and couldn't ask for anything better. Now, this has worked awesome for me. Not to say someone else hasn't tried this setup and had problems, but it's a good setup for me. I also use CloneX and cut all my cuts with a new razor at a 45 degree angle. Good luck and i hope you get roots quick. I average roots not bumps in about 5-7 days. On tuff strains like Big Bud, about 10 days.
Take care,
BG

After many cuttings (about 75 or so) I have deemed my areo cloner useless. My temps were perfect, as well as pH and having just enough cloning solution.

I made a small trial bubble cloner tonight with 2 8" air stones run by an Elite 801 pump. It holds about 12 cuttings and 1/2 gal of water. Hopefully this will work. I need clones rooted real soon to start a SOG experiment ( half of them in 2L containers, half in 1gal containers).

My mother plant is getting very bushy and the stalk is almost an inch in diameter - if these clones do not root by the new year, I may have to flower the mother plant. It is in a waterfarm right now and I think it may outgrow my cabinet once I flower her.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I just got re-routed back to this thread from another thread.

I wanted to add to be *very sure* of the container you choose because flimsy containers (like the Sterilite that cremater and I used originally that is the 10 gallon $4 Wal-Mart special) will LEAK LIKE CRAZY. Go with a container with high lips and secure clamps that looks very water tight. Do NOT just plug it in and leave it unless you want to find your nute water on the floor and your pump running dry later on.

G

here is my EZ clonr ripoff, a 10 gal tank, eco 396 pump, custum alum top plate (no leaks) my first attempt leaked due to too tight of a fit causing a hydraulic
lock , i have since added a snorkel and prob solved, but in the future i will just leave a lil breathing space around the edges, it also has an submersible aquarium heater ,temp sticker, and a big picture window (green vinyl stickers on sides)
works great,may add airstone later, peace

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/12012Untitled-1-thumb.jpg

jorge

It's much better to use 1 3/4 in holes. No need for glue gun. The neoprene fits in snug. I still haven't found a decent use for my glue gun. I always end up using something stronger or skipping it. I don't really like glue guns. I guess it's really just for crafts.

cremater

Hey Krypto, that is a VERY nice cloner!!! The things us grow guys will think of to use as equipment will never cease to amaze me! A fish aquarium fitted with a top and taped up all nice and neat, thats just great!

I ended up using the cloner I built to grow in instead of cloning, but now I need a cloner for my next grow, so guess what is happening to the 10 gal fish aquarium I have lying around here somewhere.

peace and green

Crem

G

I found the 1 3/4 holes work perfectly as well. The hot glue came loose on my pump so I'll go with gorilla next time around. I'm happy and have roots on my first run with temp well below 70 degrees. It took longer but they came. Next run I'll get a bigger aquarium timer.

jorge

Also for the red misters you use a 5/32 bit with a 10/32 tap. Almost finished. Will post on how it works. 75 holes 1 3/4" diameter fit perfect on the grey 31 gal Rubbermaid container. Using the Pro Pump 500. Quick question or two. Any need for the Clonex gel or nute solution? Or do they only need water and the right temp? Distilled or RO water or tap? Does it matter? H202 or Clearex? Filter for the pump?

Last edited:

{Lotus}

Say if I wanted to construct a 6 site DIY aero cloner ( same design king ralph has posted)..Which size rubbermaid bin would be best..10 gal or 14? Also, how much gph would be required to run efficiently?

Peace

By the way for anyone looking..I found these micro spray jets over at (discount hydro)..sprays 360 degrees..

Bag of 10 for $6.95
Bag of 50 for $24.95

Last edited:

jorge

FYI the blue 35 gallon Rubbermaid containers leak bad. The grey 31 gallon is ideal and you can fit 77 spots on it tight.

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
{Lotus} said:
Say if I wanted to construct a 6 site DIY aero cloner ( same design king ralph has posted)..Which size rubbermaid bin would be best..10 gal or 14? Also, how much gph would be required to run efficiently?

An Ecoplus 396gph is more than enough for a 10 to 14gal container.
Also, I havent seen those sprayers before. Very interesting look to them. Do you have a direct link to them?

Latest posts

Latest posts