What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Geothermal heating & cooling commercial warehouse

equiqed

Can they heat and cool a warehouse? They say they are 400-600 % effiecent. Huge start up cost but can it be done?

blastfrompast

Veteran
To do energy efficient house is one thing.....a warehouse OP... That would take ALOT of burried line..buddy installs them for a living, 7yr ROE or there abouts ...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes it can be done.

One of my neighbors has a 80x100 semi truck shop that geothermally heated/cooled.
Granted... They're not running huge wattage in lighting & air conditioning either.

All depends on where you're at in the country. In areas where there are hot springs the groundwater can get upwards of 300 degrees farenheit. Those places have geothermal potential to power the united states. In other places the groundwater is cold. Super cold. Making it impossible.

herbgreen

Veteran
I was looking into geothermal a while back heres what i found

nexgenenergy.net

I know someone who built his own house and put that 4" irrigation tubing a few feet underground then ran water through a pump

I think its not just the idea of tapping hot springs but just the idea of the earth has stable temps once you get down far enough is considered geothermal

Iceland is really big on geothermal because they have serious hot springs

I think you can do it anywhere

Look into solid wall greenhouses because they can be insulated and use geothermal in the floor or use a water tank that many greenhouses use to retain heat

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=233479

Latest posts

Latest posts