What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guest Perspective in a Fairbanks Alaska Newspaper, Thus 'News'

M

moose eater

There are days I get out of bed, survey the world around me, take a general barometric reading of the status of human evolution and psyche, and all I can come up with is "Wow!!... No... really.. Wow!!"

There a people out there like the author of the linked editorial below, who appear to take themselves very seriously. 'Psychosomatic' and 'delusions' don't even begin to touch describing this stuff, in my opinion. And in all probability, they possess voter I.D. cards, and drivers' licenses.

But my strong suspicion is that they are either mentally ill, and actively psychotic, deathly allergic to weed, or they have a way better source and/or type of cannabis than I do....

I'm caught between, "I'm jealous and want some of what ever they're getting," or "Run and hide; we're now at a place where a primary newspaper gave someone a stump from which to proclaim their own insanity."

For now I'll stick with the "Wow!!.... No... really... Wow!!!"

http://www.newsminer.com/opinion/community_perspectives/legalizing-marijuana-sends-a-dangerous-message-to-kids/article_f58aca6c-c0f8-11e7-bd26-974db5dc6b0e.html

Betterhaff

Veteran
Different perspectives I guess, heaven forbid we ever lose TV sets, video games, and most of all…chocolates.

When I was a kid, the fact that pot was illegal was part of the allure for me to experiment with it.

M

moose eater

Different perspectives I guess, heaven forbid we ever lose TV sets, video games, and most of all…chocolates.

When I was a kid, the fact that pot was illegal was part of the allure for me to experiment with it.

I suspect that may be part of the explanation as to why many/some places that have legalized cannabis have witnessed research results reporting that adolescent use of cannabis/drugs is in decline.

But in the case of the author of the editorial, she claims that she AND her kids caught a high by driving by sign-wavers on the street corner who were allegedly smoking weed... being made involuntarily stoned by virtue of driving by a crowd while inside her car..

It almost begs the inquiry as to the rarity of group delusions. or maybe when mommy says, "My experience is X," the kids know theirs' better be X too. Or????

The newspaper in question claims to reserve guest opinions to those that are well-thought-out, etc., etc. Apparently, for sake of furtherance of a political agenda, they're willing to print sheer lunacy.

I once reached a point of frequency of LSD ingestion in my youth, wherein I could hold a piece of blotter in my palm and experience what I perceived to be the initial tell-tale 'tickle' in the back of my throat and stomach.. But I was pretty sure it was a mind-over-matter-generated placebo sort of affair, as opposed to a sensitivity to acid that had evolved to the point of hallucinogenic experiences via osmosis. :biggrin:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Like I said, different perspectives. She’s probably a smoke Nazi too in regards to tobacco. Contact high from a drive by, not, but the perfect opportunity for a teaching moment (sarcasm). And yes, I obeyed every doctrine my parents presented (again sarcasm).

Never really got a contact high form blotter, now window pane a different story.

Latest posts

Latest posts