What's new

Coco slow growth 7 weeks in

Last grow at this point plants were in flower and over 3ft tall... This go around the sativa plants just arent wanting to grow... I have 2x Bruce banner 3 and 2x blue dream that are just about 7 weeks old ( got them as clones) and only 8inches in size... The coco is NOT wanting to dry for some reason, and i've since went from prebagged coco to brick (like last grow) and still holding water WAY more than last go around... Temps at 69-74. Humidity around 40%... Any insite would be awesome. Thanks.

Miraculous Meds

Get your temp up to 80f, and your rh up to 70% with good air circulation. Try letting the pot go from complete saturation to 30% moisture for a couple water cycles, then dont let it get past 50% dry before watering again. You may have had some sludgy coir that doesnt have a good air porosity.

Get your temp up to 80f, and your rh up to 70% with good air circulation. Try letting the pot go from complete saturation to 30% moisture for a couple water cycles, then dont let it get past 50% dry before watering again. You may have had some sludgy coir that doesnt have a good air porosity.

same brand i had last grow that dried in under 24 hours lol.. its also mixed with almost 70% perlite... Humidity really play that big of a role here?

also i've tried 2 different brands of coco and both were like this. so leaning less towards medium more towards me/environment

Miraculous Meds

same brand i had last grow that dried in under 24 hours lol.. its also mixed with almost 70% perlite... Humidity really play that big of a role here?

Nope. It just makes it worse. Try collecting 100ml of medium from one of your pots, then soaking it in 150ml of ro, or distilled water. Wait 12 hours, shake it up really well, strain the water and measure your ec and ph.

What nutrients are you using at what strength and ph?

MickFoster

Last grow at this point plants were in flower and over 3ft tall... This go around the sativa plants just arent wanting to grow... I have 2x Bruce banner 3 and 2x blue dream that are just about 7 weeks old ( got them as clones) and only 8inches in size... The coco is NOT wanting to dry for some reason, and i've since went from prebagged coco to brick (like last grow) and still holding water WAY more than last go around... Temps at 69-74. Humidity around 40%... Any insite would be awesome. Thanks.

I don't know why you're concerned about the coco not drying - it's not supposed to get dry - it's drain to waste hydroponics. If you have 70% perlite like you indicated, you should be feeding at least once a day to run off - possibly even twice a day with that mix.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope. It just makes it worse. Try collecting 100ml of medium from one of your pots, then soaking it in 150ml of ro, or distilled water. Wait 12 hours, shake it up really well, strain the water and measure your ec and ph.

What nutrients are you using at what strength and ph?

Slurry test can be measured within 30 minutes. I have hardly noticed much difference between 15 and 30 minutes.

Put a fan on them. Buy quality coco next time, I always get canna bagged because it's the highest quality.

Don't think brand has anything to do with it. Used name brand cannaand had same issue. So I went back to the random brand I had last grow with great results... anywho think I found my issue... aphids.