What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour 60 smoke reports

grimcreeper

Is there any one out there who has smoked Sour 60? I'm going to do a run this spring and want to know what kind of stone this plant provides.

grimcreeper

I'm just a little weirded out that there are no reports on what this plant actually smokes like. Flavors, aromas, different phenos, etc. Anyone with experience, please fill us all in. I'm sure you're out there somewhere. Icecoldcrickets, S a H, even Mdanzig, you guys know would be a great help filling us all in.

raz1012

Smoking some of it now. Even though its only been dry for a few days already the potency is amongst the best I've had in the autoflower spectrum. I'll post a complete smoke report/review in the next week or so when all the phenos are finished. It will be posted in the autoflower buyers guide thread. Heres a blurry dense nugget shot. STONEY.
picture.php

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id say there is nothing even close. Ofcourse it would be a bias opinion, but I can tell you that I do believe it is the best auto out there, as far as taste, high, and potency.

C

ChynaRyder

I have had a hard time trying to define the taste...similar to sour bubble, but I can't define it's taste either. Room Raider defined it best in his post in SaH's thread.
The high is very strong for an auto, and I can say that really only the elites of the 12/12 world are better. Lacks that ability to get you to outer space though...definite ceiling to the high. I find the high to be primarily strong body effects, with a good stone to it as well...not a high, but stoned. - just sampled some of the tall pheno last night, which I let get to more than 50% amber, and I found it to be quite narcotic in effects...little tipsy walking, VERY pleasant body numbing buzz, and good sleep inducer (big for me cause sleep is always difficult for me to attain). But, despite the kinda heavyness to the stone, you can function quite well if you need to. It is like most indicas in that once you start smoking her during the day, you are going to have to keep smoking her to keep going, or you are going to bed.
I am primarily consuming the bud as green dragon, which I am finding to be excellent. Very good pain mgmt., minimal stoned feeling(if you control the dose, I was staggering like a drunk from a large tincture dose when trying to dial in dosage)...compatible with using every day and functioning at a high level.
I am finding that tolerance develops very quickly, at least with the 2 phenos I have consumed so far, but going to another pheno presents enough change in the cannabinoids to refresh the effects. Only finding this with the smoke tho, tincture works great every time. This is making me reconsider the value of trying to hone one pheno in...heavy users will appreciate the variety that refreshes the effects as you consume the grow.
I do have to add this though, to keep Mdanzigs head size in check, that I am quite dissapointed in yields. The tall pheno may yield an ounce, but all of the others are staying below this amount. Granted, my plants went through a lot with little fert during veg, and moving to a new location, but they did have a clean run through flower, and I pushed them as hard as I could with nutes. This does not change my opinion on the plant much, as I think I can do better, and this is only the third run I have had with the LED. But, anyone expecting massive yields that is growin with anything less than 600 watts is gonna be disappointed...it yields like an auto, so you gotta grow it like an auto. Don't grow 4 of them and expect to get enough smoke to last you and your buddies till next harvest. Grow en masse.
I do believe the semi airy (this is the best way to describe it) bud stucture is an advantage to outdoor though...better mold resistance. Although, the tall pheno does produce dense nugs...they were rather skinny in my grow.

I do have to agree that this is the most potent commercially available auto out there, but I am sure that there will be better. I disaggree with the taste being the best...bluestreak is much better in my opinion.

C

ChynaRyder

:yeahthatsThe tall pheno absolutely kicks ass in the potency and high department. (While I like the taste, I have had better)

the lines between af and 12/12 potency have been blurred

clp

Cant wait to give this a little taste report of my own. Glad to see the AF's are movign along in the smoking department

K

kannubis

I get a kind of sweet lemony smell, with flavor hitting the back of the throat that carries a light fuely lemon gatorade taste.
little bit of dry feeling hits the lower eyeballs first as the relieved feeling hits from the neck radiating to the extremities - good relaxing feel is happening, still taste the hashy flavor in the throat
doesn't affect the head too much, you just know its there from the warm feeling in the head and shoulders - little bit of a heavy feeling in the eyes, but not chinese eyes feel

the kind of daytime relaxer if you work on computers, doesn't speed body up like CJ, doesn't slow head like bubba

not the kind of high that causes anxiety when riding motorcycle in traffic, can still stay 10-15 above the flow easy

IMO it is a great daytimer and the smell/taste are better than alot of strains I've tried

talktosamson

Veteran
You can get them from seed boutique only right now I think. I'm going to order some of these myself, anything with BOG genetics is worthy of a run in my book. Should have some Bogglegum here in a week or two, cant wait till its done!!

I'm Dykster

I have to add...the sour 60 was done in 57 days. I am starting a tub of sour 60 and will let some go longer to see what I get. Def one of the best auto's I have tested so far.