What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
my sour D male is bustin out nicely...i already seperated her from the main grow room in anticipation of some of that pollen busting out...

i failed miserably in my last pollen collection....any pointers on how to do this correctly....i was gonna wait until i saw dust drop and then scoop it up into an envelope...

NorCal

Veteran
In the book the cannabis breeders bible they go into different methods to extract and preserve the pollen. OG is not a stable plant to cross with so you may have some issues there. Check out blackwater, it's OG x urkle. Those seeds aren't very stable either though.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea good thing stoney was aware of the unstableness so he sourced a special OG for this...for now im hitting the cherry pie with rez SD IBL, the best male out of the pack you can smell the sour funk already after a stem rub and hes looking real healthy..

my main question with collection pollen was when...i already seperated my male from the females and he is showin sacs everywhere..i break one or two off every day to see if they have pollen yet but they are still wet, so im wondering when im gonna see some....

and also, im doing the pollen collection in the veg room, if that does settles on a clone how long is that stuff viable for...il probably give everything a good soaking anyways.

greenhaus

ALOT of dispensaries are passing around fake cherry pie kush clones.
just because the name is getting hyped up in the streets and people want it.

same thing they did with og kush. so many fake cuts went around because the name was
popular.

girlscout cookies is great herb. got to try it in SF not long ago.
gave me a similar high to gods gift.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I tried a good batch of cherry pie from garden of eden and wasn't too impressed at all with the high. Real unique smell and the taste was pretty good not as good as some top notch purple though. The high wasn't that strong at all for me though.

The girl scout cookies I seen at GOE were all green and looked like OG, maybe a lil sweeter but not too pungent smelling. e a

GOE is hit or miss, most of the time the best GSC and Cherry i get in san francisco from the underground guys who cash out for them instead of playing the "wait 1 week" BS that most dispensaries do...some good samples at divinity tree and hemp center once and a while..

sometimes a certain rapper will tweet about a batch hitting GOE, thats when its usually good...the last cookies i got at GOE was purple and white...
picture.php

ALOT of dispensaries are passing around fake cherry pie kush clones.
just because the name is getting hyped up in the streets and people want it.

same thing they did with og kush. so many fake cuts went around because the name was
popular

yea i got burned by dispensary genetics early in my growing career, got in ICmag and never looked back...now i get the best elites in both seed and clone form and the results of nice breeding projects on the forums....anyone who still has to buy clones off the market is in the stone age, invest in a proper veg room!!!

^^ lol

hey prop do you want to store the pollen or is this a one shot deal? Also, make sure your intake from the flower room doesn't pull any air from the veg room inside, or your flower room will be pollinated completely. I figure you only want to pollinate a few branches in flower instead of just tossing the male in the flower room?

you can put some kind of bag/sack over the plant and tie it around the base of the stem, once the pollen sacs are looking like they are about to bust open. Usually around 4-5 weeks. Then just turn the plant upside down and shake it.. the sack will be filled with pollen and you can then collect it. Make sure to put your hand over the soil/coco so the plant/dirt doesn't fall out when you turn it upside down. Make sure you wait 5 minutes before you open the bag so this gives the pollen enough time to settle. Wear a mask if you have allergies. Some gloves, also. Get some silica crystals, same stuff they use in vitamin bottles, fill a pill bottle about one-third full of crystals, put a bit of cotton wool, and pour your pollen on top & seal real well. Put in plastic bag and freeze. Should be viable for up to a year.

As you said, just spray down your veg plants with water before you put them in flower room.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
someone can bang my gf for a cut of GSC, any takers?

how hot is she? lol

good look on the advice donald....i took the sour D male and hes actually in the veg room now lol, i dont even want him near the flower room. the sacs are busting out but still wet...hes only around 2 weeks into flower so fuck i might have to put him under 12/12 or hes gonna start re-veggin...didnt know it took 5 weeks i swear my other males were dropping pollen in 2-3 weeks...

probably not gona save pollen...but if i do il keep it in an envelope in the fridge for future use..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sour D male got root rot and had to toss him...its all good because word is out that the 2010 sour D IBL winter release is subpar anyways....he had zero fuel smell in his stem rub smelled like plants...and the females i put into flower are also lacking..

sour D male doesnt sound good anyways..gotta have that OG kush

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
sour D male got root rot and had to toss him...its all good because word is out that the 2010 sour D IBL winter release is subpar anyways....he had zero fuel smell in his stem rub smelled like plants...and the females i put into flower are also lacking..

sour D male doesnt sound good anyways..gotta have that OG kush

Isn't that crazy that an entire release may be fubar'd? Best of luck working with the cookies, those buds do look rediculous!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
ya know i gottya back yesprop got some real og guys comin my way very soon frosty fuel lemon stankers and very well proven im not gonna say my sources from them here but there offspring is out there forsale and gettin great reviews also had gotten my hands on a cherry incense alientech stud... we def gonna make it happen... good for the sour male in the long run it saved tons of time poppin beans that would prob be shit ... wait brotha we gonna do it right and the shit is gonna be better then gsc which is some of the best bud i had this yr...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Isn't that crazy that an entire release may be fubar'd? Best of luck working with the cookies, those buds do look rediculous!

yea not only that..but im afraid the sour dad would just add flowering time and make the buds airy...

the best cherry pie and girl scout is nice rock hard dense...and thats what a good OG will contribute..

i picked up a few nice bags of CP and GSC at the clubs recently...man i cant get enogh of this stuff. i rarely smoke blunts but i keep rolling this stuff up its such nice incense to burn on...i like tacking my truck out with it, when i get in i always get hit with a nice durbany skunk smell it lingers overnight...

purpleplayer007

haha yea I would do that when I had a system and parked in the garage. Just let the funk marinate. Better than them maple leafs on the rearview.

This got me wondering though if I was a passenger in someone elses car can I burn as long as I have my rec? or vice versa

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
we gonnn do cherrypie X fireog male which is gsc and also cpX sfvog male and and cpX larry and also cpXalien tech cherry incense male prob last alien tech guy left and he a winner. donaations for the gsc cut are done not gonna happen so we have to make our own pics of the guys comin soon.

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
i know man been searching all year for a cut....i know the guys who grow it mostly older guys and they are on some hoarding shit.....a buddy of mine managed to snag a cut but he had to give them a free LB of sour D for it.....so way more than 1k i was willing to pay.

i managed to snag something similar to cookies its a GDPxOGXSour cross we nicknamed it "New Wave"...comes out similar but not as creamy as the cookies...

So I'm wondering if the old growers developed the cookies after a while of breeding or got lucky somehow?

crazy looking herb! only available in the bay area regionish? :artist::gday::jump::cathug::bump:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
they have been developing it for a while to compete with the purples and regular OGs......first to come around was the cherry pie, and then they backcrossed that to OG and made the cookies...

some other dispensaries have tried making GDPx OG kush crosses but they arent as good..one that comes to mind is "godfather OG" out of sacramento clubs..

on another note..i had some pre98 bubba last week that was very very similar to cookies in nug structure and smell.....so a nice bubba cherry cross might be interesting..

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
shit i just got my hands on a cut of tha cookies.its such a small world you know.lol oh and that godfather you mention from sac i got that from dude who supplys fruitridge with that strain. og/gdp shits good if you have the right pheno. i really intrested to see what these cookies are all about......... sounds really bomb yes4prop215. man i miss that good gdp from the bulldog and the third story in downtown oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.