What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

jeff sessions is ordering "justice" dept to review marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

igrowone

Veteran
“When they nominated me for attorney general, you would have thought the biggest issue in America was when I said, ‘I don’t think America’s going to be a better place if they sell marijuana at every corner grocery store,'” Sessions said Tuesday, according to AZ Central. “(People) didn’t like that; I’m surprised they didn’t like that.”

pretty good post vta, so telling
sessions is so clueless, not sure if it's scary or pathetic
on his other actions, i'll leave that in the political place
but for an understanding of drug issues? he simply doesn't have any

Attorney General Jeff Sessions expressed shock at the swift public backlash to his fiery rhetoric on federal marijuana policy and his opposition to legalization.

Speaking on a range of issues at Luke Air Force Base in Arizona Tuesday, Sessions addressed his opposition to further easement of marijuana laws in states across the country. He also expressed confusion over the amount of attention his comments on marijuana during his confirmation hearing received, reports AZ Central.

further proof this guy is from the stone age and not the stoned age

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
God damn it!!!!!

We ALL just need to smash our fkn heads against a wall for a few days. Please. Step back and peep the chaos!

It's like a little kid baseball game!

Please don't shut this thread down. Gypsy might as well shut the whole site down if it is.

We gotta be able to regroup and come together. If we can't all agree, that we should all be discussing Sessions, because we should all be, at least a little curious about what's in our future, in relation to this plant.

I don't care if you voted for the man that chose Jeffery. I gotta believe, in my heart that you didn't know. How could you have known? Everyone heard the man say "States rites"! Everyone! Regardless of political viewpoint.

The same goes for those that knew better. Quit! I didn't. And I'm the fkn best there's ever been! If I'm wrong please tell me, what did I miss? And what did you know about your candidate that guaranteed they wouldn't have left you in the same position as the half of the population that "won" the election? Because I missed that one as well. I can obviously use being taken down a peg or two! Haha

If we aren't on the same side. The fkn people who love this plant the most. More than the money, more than the high, more than how cool it makes you look or whatever those pro cannabis voters, who aren't already on this website care about most, if you ain't ready to go toe to toe with anybody spreading misinformation about landrace varieties then they don't care as much! (mustafunk don't fuk around)haha

Seriously.... I'm glad there on board but they don't care like we care! No... we care the most. Even beyond the sick and dying people who's life it can improve and sometimes even save! They definite NEED it more than anybody but WE care beyond OUR need, WE care about THEIR needs. I'd care if no one needed it. I realize their may be sick people or their caregiver who are on this site who were backin mustafunk before they or the one they are caring for may have become ill. They may be the ONE! If so then we should be rollin with that motherfkr! Maybe we'll continue to be a leaderless group of WTF's, we're good so long as we're a single group, rolling together.

I feel the same about presidency. If you don't need to know or just don't care then you likely won't agree with the point I was trying to make above. Likewise, if you think finding out anything other than nothing is at all a good thing. If that would make you happy, then you also don't know what I'm talking about.

I don't care what side of the planet your on or how long spf 30 lets you stay in the sun. If your family has voted republican or demacrat for the last blah blah blah! It doesn't matter where on this planet you live, nobody should hope to find out the worst is true but everyone should should understand the importance of finding out! Because it effects EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH. We should all see eye to eye.

None of us is to blame. If you KNEW! Not the truth! If you knew the reality of today and what the consequences of this reality will be to the future of the world, and you did nothing other than vote to try and stop it from happening! even if you had tried everything you could think of! You should probably keep that to yourself. The way you should already feel, will probably always feel and will probable only get worse should be plenty to pay for your sin. You don't need anyone else adding to it.

Last edited:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Thanks for posting that Jhhnn.

I read that or another papers coverage of the story. That article and your words are what I feel should be running on a loop through everyone's head. No matter how you voted.

If you did not vote for the "winner" it's an important question because you'll never really know why anybody voted for anybody, but you'll be better for never forgeting that there are so many reasons one might.

If you did vote for the "winner" then you already know what you voted for and if it's cannabis, it's looking like you were lied to and should be crazy pissed! Unable and unwilling to defend, even you if can easily explain, your reasons.

If cannabis is not the reason for your vote, then at the very least, maybe you will realize how rude it is, to post about how little you care about the consequences of your choice on a pro cannabis website. I'm sure there are sites devoted to the subject closest to your heart and don't give a shit about cannabis either.

nobody on this site voted to bring back the war on drugs! If so.. step forward or point them out.

Everybody knows exactly why and what they voted for, all the reasons. I can't image it's only because of cannabis. The only people who only need one reason to vote for somebody are morons. They're either fkn racist, hate women or are prejudiced.

None of us ONLY care about cannabis. Hopefully none here ONLY needed one reason to decide their vote. Hopefully none here ONLY asked one question or ONLY wanted to know one thing!

That's the problem with useing labels like "conservative" or liberal". Is that all someone is? Is that all you need to know? THINK you know.
It's fkn bullshit!

"Right wing wakko" or "libtard" may say more than one thing about someone, but it's still the ONLY thing you need to know.... nothing I can say will help you!

This IS a cannabis site though. I'm here because although I care about many things, I enjoy spending my time at this site learning from and sharing with people who are as interested in cannabis as I am, as well as offering my support to help end prohibition and the war on drugs. Thats people who NOT ONLY feel the same about the plant but are here to do the same as well.

Learn from, share with and support, the plant, the people and the cause. That's why I love ICMag.

I will say that if nobody is held responsible for saying one thing and doing another then does it really even matter what anyone votes for?

Ill just flip a fkn coin so my amigo DocTime420 knows I was listening!haha:tiphat:

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I think we're cool, sort of--

Press release https://rohrabacher.house.gov/media-center/must-reads/rep-rohrabacher-leads-letter-urging-respect-for-state-medical-marijuana-laws--
Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48) wrote a letter to the Chair and Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies, urging them to include language in their fiscal year 2018 spending bill that would bar the Department of Justice from using resources to prosecute individuals who are acting in compliance with their state’s medical marijuana laws. The letter was co-signed by a bipartisan group of 43 members of the House of Representatives.

Basically, my guy Dana (he's my congressman) is cutting off the cannabis nuts of DOJ through their budget...no checky, no laundry.

Primary paragraph--

"Because of parliamentary restrictions on what may be offered as a floor amendment to
appropriations bills, the amendment has historically been narrowly structured. To provide the
Department of Justice, states, and the residents of those states additional clarity and stability, we
request that you include slightly modified language that reads as follows: None of the funds made
available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used to enforce federal prohibitions involving
the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of marijuana for medical purposes that are permitted
by the laws of the state, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territory where the act was committed, or to
prevent states, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territories from implementing their own laws that
permit the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of marijuana for medical purposes.
"

Read letter here https://rohrabacher.house.gov/sites/rohrabacher.house.gov/files/documents/Final%20MMJ%20Letter%20to%20CJS%20Subcommittee.pdf

oldchuck

Veteran
I don't get this snowflake stuff. I've seen it applied as an insult of some sort to both lefties and rightys. Just what does it mean? What's wrong with snowflakes?

Jhhnn

Veteran
I think we're cool, sort of--

Press release https://rohrabacher.house.gov/media...ging-respect-for-state-medical-marijuana-laws--
Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (CA-48) wrote a letter to the Chair and Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies, urging them to include language in their fiscal year 2018 spending bill that would bar the Department of Justice from using resources to prosecute individuals who are acting in compliance with their state’s medical marijuana laws. The letter was co-signed by a bipartisan group of 43 members of the House of Representatives.

Basically, my guy Dana (he's my congressman) is cutting off the cannabis nuts of DOJ through their budget...no checky, no laundry.

Primary paragraph--

"Because of parliamentary restrictions on what may be offered as a floor amendment to
appropriations bills, the amendment has historically been narrowly structured. To provide the
Department of Justice, states, and the residents of those states additional clarity and stability, we
request that you include slightly modified language that reads as follows: None of the funds made
available in this Act to the Department of Justice may be used to enforce federal prohibitions involving
the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of marijuana for medical purposes that are permitted
by the laws of the state, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territory where the act was committed, or to
prevent states, the District of Columbia, or U.S. territories from implementing their own laws that
permit the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of marijuana for medical purposes.
"

Read letter here https://rohrabacher.house.gov/sites/rohrabacher.house.gov/files/documents/Final%20MMJ%20Letter%20to%20CJS%20Subcommittee.pdf

They've done that the last 2 years. It doesn't apply to retail or non-med personal growing like under A64. The Cole memo is currently the only protection for that & Jeff is already giving it the stink eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohrabacher–Farr_amendment

Z

z-ro

shit or get off the pot!! no pun intended...tired of hearing what might be, ready to see what is...either enforce the laws or stfu!

Grizz

Veteran
shit or get off the pot!! no pun intended...tired of hearing what might be, ready to see what is...either enforce the laws or stfu!

don't be so hasty grasshopper, no news is good news , don't rush that ass hat .

Jhhnn

Veteran
don't be so hasty grasshopper, no news is good news , don't rush that ass hat .

Indeed. I don't think that Sessions will do anything radical. OTOH, I think it's fairly obvious that he'd love to bust the balls off of every one of us if the public would support his effort. He has to run it up the flagpole & see who salutes in order to figure that out. It's good that he's "surprised" that America isn't going for it in the way he'd like.

Even worse, I think, is that we probably won't see the DoJ standing up for anybody's rights other than Rich people's.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I don't wanna start a discussion about patents cause I know nothing about them and prob don't need to know more than that... but I heard something a long time ago.

It had to do with guitars, Fender and Gibson to be exact.

See there's a shit load of no name guitar company's that use the Fender Strat as a template. Literally. They copy the shape of the body, Not the general shape, they straight up trace it. You won't find many that try that shit with Gibson's Les Paul. Even if you can find one with a similar (but not that similar) shape body, the headstock I can almost guarantee will be different.

See Gibson jumped on everybody that tried from the very beginning. They'd sue a 13yr old kid on the forest moon of Endor if they heard he took his pops file and reshaped a headstock to resemble theirs!

Instantly, just as soon as they became aware of it.(IMPORTANT)

Fender had a patent but didnt care. You could have opened a factory next door! They would have still had no problem loaning you a cup of sugar.

Gibson knew that just because someone can easily steal their shapes, it doesn't mean that it's gonna sound good. It also might not play good, look good or feel good. They also felt that their guitar wouldn't be as exclusive. There was always the possibility that someone made one just as good but sold them at for less. That quality and low price could lead to there being a lot of guitars sold. They knew they overcharged for the Les Paul and the price difference was too great for people to care if they bought a REAL Gibson or not. So they spent a lot of money all around the world to enforce their patent.

Fender knew all that too BUT, they looked at it like free abvertising. They knew the shape was gonna be exact. That was a good thing as they felt when people saw it they saw a Fender. It wouldn't be a prob if it didn't sound or look great. That would make people want a REAL Fender. Even if it did sound good, Fender knew they didn't overcharge so the fakes would be similarly priced. That means the price difference wasn't enough for a buyer NOT to want a REAL bonifide Fender. Plus all the money they wouldn't have to spend on lawsuits and lawyers enforcing their patent.

Then one day, for whatever reason Fender decides to sue somebody for stealing their shapes BUT their patent was worthless.

open and shut case of USE IT OR LOOSE IT! or YA SNOOZE, YA LOOSE!

And that's how I say we take em! Why... we'll take it all the way to the Supreme Court by god!!! What da ya say fellers? We'll take em all the way to hell if we have to.... RIGHT FELLERS???

crickets

Anyway.....That's what I remember and everything I know about patents. Assuming it's true of course.

My stoner brain thinks the same reasons Fenders case was thrown out should work egually as well to get federal cannabis case thrown out. The same reasons Gibson is required to enforce all infringements as soon as they are aware are the same reasons the Feds should of have never stopped enforcing their marijuana laws!

Federal marijuana laws should be as worthless and for the same reasons that made Fenders federal patent worthless.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
They've done that the last 2 years. It doesn't apply to retail or non-med personal growing like under A64. The Cole memo is currently the only protection for that & Jeff is already giving it the stink eye.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohrabacher–Farr_amendment

Actually he has proposed this amendment in 2003 (a Republican no less), but did not get the supporting votes until 2014 and has so since then. The bill coming up is for 2018 appropriations, and you are correct--it only covers medical, not recreational. Hence my opening statement--"I think we're cool, sort of--".

IMO, continuing the budget crimp on medical pot enforcement is better than nothing. You gotta agree with that.

BTW, he can give it the stink eye (just like Obama's AG Holder tried)--but he is on thin ice.

From your wiki link:

Following enactment of the Rohrabacher–Farr amendment in December 2014, the Justice Department continued with a number of prosecutions that Rohrabacher and others contended were in violation of the newly passed law.[18][19] In April 2015, the Justice Department publicized its interpretation of the amendment, claiming that authority still existed for prosecution of individuals and organizations acting in compliance with state medical marijuana laws.[20] Both Rohrabacher and Farr blasted the interpretation,[21] sending off letters to Attorney General Eric Holder[22][23] and Inspector General Michael Horowitz[24][25] demanding accountability for the Justice Department's actions. In October 2015, U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer ruled in favor of the amendment's authors, stating that the DOJ interpretation "defies language and logic" and "tortures the plain meaning of the statute", and was "counterintuitive and opportunistic".[26] The ruling lifted an injunction against a California dispensary, the Marin Alliance for Medical Marijuana, and was considered to set important legal precedent.[27][28] The Justice Department appealed Breyer's ruling, but in April 2016 it withdrew the appeal.[29][30] In August 2016, the interpretation was rejected by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as well, in a separate case consolidating the appeals of 10 medical marijuana providers in the states of California and Washington.[31] The unanimous ruling of the three-judge panel is binding on the nine western states of the Ninth Circuit, and is considered likely to hold influence on other circuit courts.[32][33]

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

I don't get this snowflake stuff. I've seen it applied as an insult of some sort to both lefties and rightys. Just what does it mean? What's wrong with snowflakes?

It's short for "special snowflake" and is for the most part a label used for millenials who are so fragile and delicate practically anything and everything can hurt their feelings and cause them to require a 'safe space' to go cry in. Special snowflakes are fragile and delicate. They have no backbone, no spine, no balls. These are people who language police others so they won't be offended or 'triggered'. Millenials have been dubbed by many as Generation Snowflake. Most of these people tend to be liberals. I don't see the term used much for right wingers and rightly so, since righties tend to have thicker skin. This isn't to say all lefties are thin skinned, it's mostly just the millennials who overwhelmingly tend to be liberal. Some other fitting things to call them would be babies and spoiled brats.

Here's a great article all about snowflakes! :comfort:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/millennials-created-generation-snowflake

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Well the thread became derailed, of course. You guys can't keep from descending into chaos, insults, threats and accusations when politics is the topic. That's why we do shut these threads down when they go OFF-TOPIC from the subject of cannabis legislation into general politics and other personal subjects.

When some new noteworthy news occurs, I am sure a new thread will magically appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts