What's new

Light burn or?

Sudsack

Deficiency? Nute burn? Or light burn? Or maturity die-off? Plant is four weeks into flowering cycle. Hydroponic system. White Widow. Trichs are about 40% cloudy. Opinions? The other plants (pink diesel x amnesia, HeadStone, Blueberry Headband, Dutch Passion) show no symptoms. Larger fan leaves were stripped off to allow light for lower buds. Plant is about four feet tall.

Attachments

• IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 16
Deficiency? Nute burn? Or light burn? Or maturity die-off? Plant is four weeks into flowering cycle. Hydroponic system. White Widow. Trichs are about 40% cloudy. Opinions? The other plants (pink diesel x amnesia, HeadStone, Blueberry Headband, Dutch Passion) show no symptoms. Larger fan leaves were stripped off to allow light for lower buds. Plant is about four feet tall.

Fourth week of flower trichs are 40% cloudy already?:chin:

I'd need to see a pic of the whole plant to be any real help. Did the leaf come from the botton middle or top of the plant?

Stonehedge

Wendull C.

Veteran
Throw a whole plant pic up. Looks like light burn as the leaf edges and tips aren't burned. Was that leaf from canopy level?

Sudsack

Yes, leaf was from canopy level. I suspect light burn but was doing the heat test by holding my hand at plant level. Not too warm for hand. The buds are still okay. The 1000w HPS is about ten inches from the top of the plant. I have been bending plant down ( supercropping). Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
Yes, leaf was from canopy level. I suspect light burn but was doing the heat test by holding my hand at plant level. Not too warm for hand. The buds are still okay. The 1000w HPS is about ten inches from the top of the plant. I have been bending plant down ( supercropping). Thanks for the replies.

Pics are real blurry but imo if thats light burn that would be the worst light burn i've ever seen.... FYI First sign of heat stress=cannabis curling its leaflets.

Fourth week of flowering is to early to be natural die off at canopy level....

Did you happen to move your light closer or did they just go from growing healthy green to burnt overnight?

Could you have done something to cause a nute lockout?

You check closely for broadmites?

Stonehedge

Sudsack

I keep the ph at around range of 5.8 to 6.0 and add 3 gallons of water per day for an 8 pot DWC system. Nute lockout should not be a problem - adding 8ml of flora gro and flora micro and 15ml of micro bloom to the three gallons (imperial).
It was pretty much an overnight thing. I noticed water consumption going down for a few days with no need to add water to the reservoir. Before I figured out I had a water circulation problem, and corrected it, the water in the grow pots was down to 1/3 what it should have been. This plant is much taller than the others which would account for being the only plant to suffer consequences. I'm thinking the moisture content in the leaves became lower than normal - accounting for the light burn. I'm stuck now because my light is at the ceiling unless I figure out a way to drop the grow pots below the 18 inch high floor stand. The buds are in good shape but the sugar leaves are cooked. Hopefully the buds will stay that way until harvest.
Thanks for the help.

Sudsack

Still perplexed about this plant. After concluding it was light burn/bleaching, I spaced the light 24 inches+ from the top of the plant. The hydro system nutrient solution was changed twice since last post. Nutrients are the General Hydroponics 3 pack at about 3/4 of recommended amounts in ph 6.0 water. This plant is two weeks short from flowering period of ten weeks. The yellowing is not so bad in the sugar leaves but they are showing signs of stress. The room is warm but comfortable with a fan going 24/7. Light cycle is 12/12. The plant is twice the size of others from seed called Head Stone.
I attached one photo of other plants in the grow ( white widow, blueberry headband, Dutch passion) and as you can see, they look fine which is what perplexes me.

Attachments

• IMG_3779.jpg
    IMG_3779.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3778.jpg
    IMG_3778.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3777.jpg
    IMG_3777.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg