What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

There has been over 22,400 arrests for cannabis possession in Canada since Trudeau be

jump /injack

Veteran
Cannabis Culture has an article about the arrests going on in Canada after Mr. Trudeau was elected in part on his promise to end the war on the sick and poor that use cannabis. Why is it that the politicians of both the United States and Canada use the same bait and switch game that we got used to with President Obama such as; …”if you want to keep your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” Once elected they resort to Obama’s taxpayer paid Professor Gruber’s observation about the American electorate, “they are stupid” do any thing you want to do, they’ll have forgotten about any promise you’re given.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2016/03/10/22400-pot-possession-arrests-under-trudeau-so-far

CANNABIS CULTURE – There has been over 22,400 arrests for cannabis possession in Canada since Trudeau became Prime Minister.

I derive that number from the last reported rate of cannabis possession arrests in Canada of 160 per day, or one every 9 minutes. There is no indication that the rate of arrests has slowed since Trudeau took over, with many police forces explicitly saying they are continuing to enforce the possession laws as strictly as ever. Bill Blair agrees, saying he wants pot busts to continue.

Yet according to Bill Blair, a disproportionate number of these arrests are among “minority communities, aboriginal communities and those in our most vulnerable neighbourhoods.”

So why continue to make possession arrests? How can Trudeau and Blair acknowledge that prohibition is enforced in a very racially biased manner, confirm that they are going to legalize cannabis soon, but refuse to do anything now to stop those pointless and harmful arrests from continuing to happen?

Trudeau is right when he says decriminalization isn’t the right solution for cannabis. But it is the right first step. Stopping arrests for possession and personal cultivation is the best first step towards ending the war on cannabis. Plus, allowing Canadians to grow a few plants for personal use will help to break the hold of the black market.

All Canadians should be calling upon Trudeau and Blair to end arrests for personal possession, and to end arrests for personal cultivation now.

All that has to happen is to remove possession of under 30 grams of cannabis from Schedule II of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. This is actually quite an easy thing to do, and wouldn’t even require an act of Parliament. The same thing could be done with cultivation of 5 plants or less for personal use.

Of course there’s many more steps that need to be taken, and time is needed to figure out the details. But we can be more patient with that process if the Liberals make a real show of good faith now, and take these two simple but important steps without delay.

CoCoSativas

Why should we only be allowed to grow for personal? I have lots of friends and family who dont have the time or even 1% of the skill i have growing why should they have to grow it when they can buy it from me? Begging to growna few plants each no thanks not me

Id pay tax on my product no problem but thats bullshit personal only. Fuck that i dont care about the stupid little laws fuck em. Want to lie about ending prohibition? I expected that im surprised so many people are shocked it was another lie. Fuck em im gonna do what i want. Ill grow dope and sell it to my friends and family because at the end of the day why should they have to buy the commercial garbage or street crap that are the alternatives.

Everyone is so excited for legal weed you can buy in a store. I garentee it will be like the shit they sell as "medical" now. Warehouse grown shit you cant even catch a buzz off of. Fuck that ill fo my think and keep me and my people happy

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
people need to face the facts that the liberals flat out lied about their spending plans and their marijuana legalization plans. I watched trudeau in surrey BC, LIVE, in person telling the crowd of people, I'd say 60% immigrants in the crowd (not a negative observation, but nonetheless) , and BIG promises and HYPE about infrastructure spending immediately following a liberal win, to bring the city of surrey up to national standards for housing, transit and transportation infrastructure. He flat out bullshitted and the evidence was in the budget. he went all around the province of BC making big promises about infrastructure and transportation spending, high speed internet to rural communities and outlying areas, and yes, the move to "immediately" move to undo Mr harpers drug reform and legalize cannabis.

let's face it, 10's of thousands of Canadians chose those issues as their focal point and voted for the liberals. many others voted for them to just get rid of harper, swallowing the media spin. I was happier when I knew my enemy and that enemy, no matter how distasteful, was on the level and left no "grey area" in their mandate towards pot.
I could really care less if it's legal or not, tho I think it should be legal to reduce profits of organized crime and to allow everyone access, even if all they can do is afford to grow a few plants each summer in the greenhouse or garden.

it's my belief that Canadians should be screaming bloody fucking murder right now and demanding a new election. I didn't vote for trudeau, but all those that did should be ashamed of themselves and screaming for their party to fucking buck up.
I warned folks about Bill Blair in other threads and was ridiculed, his appointment is a massive negative to the movement to overgrow and legalize recreation and medical growing and consumption of cannabis and it's concentrates.
I'm making beer and wine at home,,, gallons of the shit and that's perfectly legal..... the prohibition of weed is simply another assault on the free.
fed up and pissed off and I say fuck trudeau, blair and the whole works.