What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The more things change,

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The more they stay the same.

Cannabis legalization has done nothing to even out the numbers... Blacks are still targeted by police in disproportionate numbers.

READ:
www.thecannabist.co/2016/03/25/pot-...o-shrink-the-racial-gap-in-drug-arrests/50545

a racist will always find a way to target minorities regardless of the laws. too many folks that should not be given guns & uniforms out there "just doing their jobs, folks..." you don't have to do anything wrong, just be different . that's all it takes... cops should be on probation for about 5 years, THEN look at their arrest records & incident reports filed by citizens.

FireIn.TheSky

What's sad is that even if made legal it will still be illegal to some degree. I have read some states considering legalizing will impose huge taxes and try to outlaw home growing.

It's important that we not so easily be distracted by whats really important being blinded by false hopes.

If it's not a grower/smoker friendly bill don't vote for it. We are playing with fire and if we're not careful we'll get burned.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
What's sad is that even if made legal it will still be illegal to some degree. I have read some states considering legalizing will impose huge taxes and try to outlaw home growing.

It's important that we not so easily be distracted by whats really important being blinded by false hopes.

If it's not a grower/smoker friendly bill don't vote for it. We are playing with fire and if we're not careful we'll get burned.

My fear is that corporate interests will push legislation that will punish people more for infringing on their product rights.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My fear is that corporate interests will push legislation that will punish people more for infringing on their product rights.

The market, in general, is being pushed by money interests, not compassion, as it should be.

I've been warning against "legalization" via more laws for over a decade now.
But...
What the idiots want, the idiots eventually get.

It's a real shame for those in need cause they'll get screwed the worst.