What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Say Hello To CISPA, Goodbye Privacy

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
mrcreosote, that will also not happen.

they can do all the trials they want, but cash will not be replaced.

it is impossible to do so actually.

the practical application of something like that has so many technical obstacles it would be a nightmare to even deal with the shit from the small-scale trials.

just sit and watch how big of a failure this will be, specially considering that in the mid 90s it was already tried and tested and failed.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I have signed the petition several times using different email addys. Face book founder Zuckerberg supports this.
All these power mad billionaires need to be taken out and shot, IMO.

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Sometimes I think it's all just a last ditch power grab by those in power...

smell it? yeah, they're scared...

Skip

Veteran
I edited the OP and moved this thread to the News section...

Very important to oppose this bill which is now before the US Senate.

Fortunately, Obama promises to veto it.

I don`t think obama actually said he would veto it. His advisers said that he would be foolish to support it. Very convenient for him. There were last minute amendments to this thing that make it worse then what was originally written. Please, take the time to contact your senators and tell them NO way. That is how SOPA and PIPA was stopped. If it is stopped, count on another and another until they get their way. Stay strong and stand up for your 4th amendment rights...

Bennyweed1

Veteran
I don`t think obama actually said he would veto it. His advisers said that he would be foolish to support it. Very convenient for him. There were last minute amendments to this thing that make it worse then what was originally written. Please, take the time to contact your senators and tell them NO way. That is how SOPA and PIPA was stopped. If it is stopped, count on another and another until they get their way. Stay strong and stand up for your 4th amendment rights...

It is apparent Obama knows something we don't. If he cared about his re election he wouldn't do such acts. Perhaps he knows this election may never come, perhaps he knows the next will continue right where he left of. It is apparent he knows something we all don't. Actions speak louder than words, and this we all know.

Pig Pen

no way to stop the internet, will not happen, worry not.

they can take this internet down all they want, we already have internet 2 technology since the late 90s.

they will have to strip away all electrical networks to stop it.

Internet 2 rides on the present physical infrastructure, i.e. network circuits so they will be able to monitor it as well.

mmmoil

I brought this up when it was still called sopa/protect IP... If I remember correctly it wasn't well received by many members here.

They said it would NEVER happen but it almost did(thanks google,wiki..etc)

They dont want an american spring like the arab's. Although, It's exactly what this country needs

Latest posts

Latest posts