What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

32 Joints with Aurora B

32 Joints

Hello all...long time lurker here who finally decided to jump in and join the fray.

I run a small personal, perpetual grow and I like keeping notes on strains I've grown so I thought I might share some on strains that you don't see talked about much. I always like to start out a new strain with a fresh new pack of papers (hence the name 32 Joints) and I keep notes. Along the way, I smoke some, my girlfriend smokes more and my friends all get to try (though they have no idea I grow...rule #1). We'll drop some in a 7mm glass bong, some in a volcano, and some in the cracks of the couch. It'll be a great time. So sit back, relax, light a cannon to pass around and enjoy 32 joints with Aurora B from the Flying Dutchmen.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics to share but I don't think I can post pics yet anyway. My next reports will include bud shots both growing and dry.

=================================
Strain info

Aurora B by The Flying Dutchmen in original breeder seed packaging - Old Stock Freebies

Aurora B is 50% Sative 50% Indica. A cross between Sweet Skunk and Northern lights.

Stated Flowering Time is 55-65 days

Breeder Description: Aurora B. is a cross between a carefully selected Northern Lights with our sweet Skunk father: a vigorous plant with heavy resinous buds. This strain has the best attributes from both its parents. Aurora B. grows into a medium size plant similar to Skunk#1, and has a sweet and fruity taste with a hashy afterbite. Very high yields of quality product and a fast maturation time make this cross an ideal cashcropper both indoors and out. Just sit back and enjoy the lights.

Growing - Veg

Environment: Indoor. Warbrode cab grow.

Veg Light: 18/6 under 210W Cool white CFL

Medium: 0.85 Gallon pots with Pro-Mix HP, some extra pearlite, some dolomite lime and a few handfuls of quality organic potting soil.

Nutes: Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 with Floralicious Grow & the occassional shot of Cal-Mag

Water: 60/40 mix of tap water left sitting 24 hrs and RO water

Growing - Flower

Environment: Indoor. Warbrode cab grow.

Flower Light: 12/12 250W HPS + 70W HPS + 42W Warm White CFL = 362W total

Flowering Time: 67 days 10% Amber, 70% cloudy, 20% clear -- just the way I like it.

Medium: 1.65 Gallon pots with Pro-Mix HP, some extra pearlite, some dolomite lime.

Nutes: Pure Blend Pro Bloom, Big Bud, Molasses, and some Cal-Mag

Yield: 5.93oz from 6 plants

I obtained these seeds as freebies as they were older stock but as often happens, the freebies turned out better than the seeds I had paid for. The age didn't seem to affect the germ rate at all.
Germinated 4 seeds and went 4/4 of which 3 eventually turned female. I named them Ariel, Amanda and Adriana. Dead easy to grow in veg they, showed sex relatively early for me, just 23 days after popping. They cloned easily and I vegged the seed girls for a few weeks until I had 3 clones large enough to flower with them. The seed plants were slowed down by topping a couple of time while the clones vegged.
The plants really stretched. Now for this grow I was using a tall, narrow pot for my SOG but I now believe that this profile also produces a plant that is lean and leggy. Stretch might not be as bad in a more conventional pot. Nevertheless they went from an avg of 18" at flower to an avg of >50" by harvest.
The 3 plants were pretty uniform with only slight variations between them. That's a really important factor for me. Ariel was the biggest yielder, Amanda was the frostiest and Adriana was somewhere in the middle.

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Visual Appeal: 8 Really nice tight little nugs, even from lower down on the plant. Nice and frosty, especially Amanda although her sisters were similar.

Visible Trichomes: 8.5

Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [20] Cloudy [70] Amber [10] Dark [ ]

Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [x] Gold [x] Blue [ ] Grey [ ] White [ ] Red [ ] Rust [x] Orange [ ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

Bud density: [5] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia[ ] Earthy[ ] Licorice[ ] Peach[ ] Berry[ ] Floral[ ] Mango[ ] Pepper[ ] Blueberry[ ] Fruit[7] Meat[ ] Petroleum[ ] Bubblegum[ ] Grape[ ] Melon[ ] Pine[ ] Cedar[ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol[ ]
Pineapple[ ] Cherry[ ] Grass/Hay[4] Mint[ ] Rotten[1] Chocolate[ ] Hash[ ] Mold[ ] Skunk[ ] Citrus[ ] Iron/Rust[ ] Musk[ ] Spice[ ] Coconut[ ] Leather[ ] Nutmeg[ ] Strawberry[6] Coffee[ ] Lemon[ ] Orange[ ] Vanilla[ ]

Aroma [9] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

Seed content [1] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

Weeks cured [1-16] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:

Appearence: Nice hard nuggets for the low wattage of light used. Many visible trichomes to give the dried buds a frosty, velvety appearance. Very dry on the outsied but nice and sticky when broken. Leaves your fingers sticky for a few hours.

Smell: I am still learning to cure so my buds tend to get a bit of a hay smell to them until they are broken. When they are broken up you get a strong sweet, fruity oudor that most closely resembles strawberry. not real strawberries mind you, more like that fake strawberry flavor like in strawberry flavored bubblggum or candy. The nugs have nice bag appeal (although my buds never touch a bag!) and a really great, strong odor. Only one plants (Adriana) had a musky, rotten odor that I didn't care for as much.

THE ULTIMATE TEST - SMOKING

Smoking Method: 32 Joints baby! I roll 0.4g joints in 1-1/4 size hemp paper. Plus the ocassional 2.5g cone (I always roll big cones for special occassions...birthdays, anniversaries etc.), A volcano vape and a bit with a brand new 7mm glass bong.

Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Floral[ ] Peach[ ] Berry[7] Strawberry[5] Mango[ ] Pepper[ ] Blueberry[ ] Cherry[ ] Pineapple[ ] Bubblegum[ ] Grape[ ] Melon[ ] Grapefruit[ ] Citrus[ ] Lemon[ ] Orange[ ] Fruit[ ]
Chocolate[x] Vanilla[ ] Licorice[ ] Mint[x] Meat[ ] Pepper[ ] Spice[ ] Coconut[ ] Leather[ ] Nutmeg[ ] Coffee[ ] Cheese[x]
Petroleum[ ] Ammonia[ ] Earthy[ ] Grass/Hay[ ] Musk[ ] Pine[ ] Cedar[ ] Menthol[ ] Rotten[ ] Hash[ ] Mold[ ] Skunk[ ] Iron/Rust[ ] Leather[ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

Taste [8] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

State of dryness [7.5] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

Smoke ability [8] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Smoke expansion [5] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

Taste:
Very sweet and pleasent taste. Very berry when smoked or if you just inhale air through the unlit joint. After smoking I was able to detect a slight chocolate aftertaste on the tongue which was really nice. This was especially noticeable if smoking with coffee. I also detected hints of mint in the aftertaste. Two of my friends remarked that they noticed a 'nacho cheese' taste but I never found this myself. This was two dif people in two dif sessions that made this remark, unsolicited, so there might be something there.

Effect:
Exactly what I would expect a 50/50 sativa/indica to feel like! Starts off with a nice crerbral and clear high. Comes on fairly quick and leaves you nicely buzzed for a while...talkative and pleasent. I had no trouble cooking or concentrating. Music and movies were great. Then I found after about 45 minutes I would feel a nice wave of warth and coziness fall over me as if I had fallen asleep and someone had come along and covered me with a blanket. I felt a little sleepiness come on but nothing I couldn't overcome with a shake of the head or a cool glass of water. Many indicas will put me to sleep in about 10 mins so a strain that doesn't make me drift off too quick is really nice.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

Dosage [32 0.4g joints plus a few bong hits and volcano vapes along the way. All shared with good friends and loved ones]

Effect onset [5] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

Sativa influence [5] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

Indica influence [5] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

Potency [8] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

Duration [2] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

Tolerance build up [5] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [8 - Great with coffee] Day - work [3 bit too potent for work] Evening - relax [8 - very relaxing but not too sleepy] Night - sleep [5]

Overall satisfaction [8.5] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

Ability and conditions [5] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. [YES!!!]

FINAL COMMENTS:
A really great strain to grow and smoke. I would highly recommend it as a good all around smoke. I have a 7 seeds left which I intend to germ in the fall and find a mother to keep since I had a mishap that destroyed my re-vegging efforts the first time around.

Hey everyone...hope you enjoyed the report. Next up will be Dutch Dragon from Paradise Seeds with which I am halfway through my pack of 32 papers as you read this. Take care!

George

you sir know how to make a proper smoke report. loved reading it! strain sounds like a winner as well

Auroura B TFD

Auroura B TFD

Great job! Hope u dont mind me throwin' up a pic of the AB to show what this lady can do...

I would agree that her high can be a little too dizzying to work on...we abandoned this strain for her high. Too much of a tweaky high for most guys, but the girls loved her...all the girls loved AB and miss her greatly, and all the men complained about the high being too ziggie zaggy, uppity and wild.

:2cents:

17370DSCN2327.JPG

View image in gallery

NAcc

Last edited:

32 Joints

Thanks guys!

Glad you could help out with some pics. Those are some beautiful ladies you have there. Mine didn't purple at all but I was also running temps in the high 80s for a good part of the flowering period so that could be why. This grow went longer into the summer than I had planned.

good report but im a liitle confused? All the reports about nirvanas ai all seem so devastating. But what I gather from your report it doset seem like you got a full blooded indica. Thanks for letin the cat out the bag. Now know better to grab tfd's version. Even tough it could be your luck or just the way you havested or any of the leading factors of how it was grown. Nirvanas has more consistent reports of smoker fatalities. But your ai does look good and it looks as if you got quite a yield off her!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been smoking aurora all day. It is great stuff. I have acomplished nothing today