What's new

Budget?? 400watt hps lights

dude build your own for like $120

1000bulbs.com is a great site...

link to a 400 watt ballast and its all wired up so just wire a cord and a socket to it

kinesis

ill tell you right now i thoght long and hard about this, i visited homedepot.com, called home depot they only had 50watters in HPS. I checked out econolight.com or whatever, Ended up costing almost as much as HTG Supply's real deal grow light with both bulbs. you can get it from www.htgsupply.com for $195 or so after shipping... Get the 400watter that includes both metal halide for veg and HPS for flower, I got it, it works nice!!! It's like $80 more than the econolight and you don't have to hack anything or risk electrocuting yourself, it's the real deal grow light, ready to go. some assembly was required, even came with a cool beer opener lighter!

upNORTH

i got my 600w hps w/ ballast for 200 at a kinda local grow store, not best idea to order over internet if you live in the US

edit: i am sure you can find a better deal on a 400w at a local store

Last edited:

kinesis

i got my 600w hps w/ ballast for 200 at a kinda local grow store, not best idea to order over internet if you live in the US
in a non-medical state, without the proper paperwork, anything over the internet is a serious risk to you.

Arkaya

1000bulbs.com is a cheap place with good quality products. I think I once purchased a 400w HPS and a 400w MH ballists, screw in mogul sockets, and 2-3 bulbs with it. I think I only spent something like $200 total. They take money orders also.

Rellikbuzz

You can find the best prices on Ebay for cheaper setups. Many times you will find a Hydrofarm, Sun Systems or the like that was only used for one cycle. I guess the grower got freaked and decided to sell. I've seen complete 400 watt systems go for 60.00-100.00 with the ballast, bulb and reflector and the damn things looked brand new. Just do a search for "400 watt HPS" and you'll get quite a few hits.

RB

What about places like e-conolight? Aren't those fairly safe since it isn't a grow store? Was going to order a light even tho I don't quite need it yet but you guys are making me paranoid...lol.

TaxiBoy

Check out your local Craigslist.org city site. I've seen incredible deals in the "for sale" section on a routine basis. Hell, in my city right now there are 3 seperate 1000w HPS systems all available for under $175. You can pay cash, avoid shipping and the hassles associated. Last year i picked up a nice 400w sun system complete kit that seemed to have only been used for 1 or 2 cycles for $65, AND the guy smoked a joint of C-99 w/ me. Not bad if you ask me...

TaxiBoy

Just did a CL search of random cities and I noticed at least half a dozen 400w lights, complete with ballast/bulb/hoods of various design all under $100. Good luck with your search. :wave: