What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watching Reefer Madness right now wft!

hunt4genetics

Veteran
It's almost 4:00 AM and I'm watching reefer madness on cable. I so wish that I was stoned right now! It's amazing what people believed in 1936.
This is a comedy, but people took it to heart, which has led to today's prohibition.

I wonder what we just accept as fact today, that over grandkids will be laughing at 70 years from now.

favorite line from the movie so far.
Billy is in the principal's office.

Principal:
"Billy I'm going to ask you a straight forward question, and I would like to have a straight forward answer. Isn't it true that you have, perhaps unwillingly, acquired a certain harmfull habit through association with certain undesirable people?"
Wow is that what was considered a "straight forward" question back in 1936?

Billy do you toke!?

peace

hunt4genetics

Veteran
here is another gem from the Principal

"We must work untiringly so that our children are obliged to learn the TRUTH, because it is only through knowledge that we can safely protect them."

I couldn't say it any better.

peace.

med_breeder

hey genetics,
I saw reefer madness a while back. By today's standards it is funny. I suspect that even the most anti-marijuana person would not be able to watch it with a straight face. But that was back in 1936 a long time ago, the country was more trusting of government. If the govt said this is a demon weed, the people of that time had no reason not to challenge that. They accepted that as truth.

Then came Richard Milhous Nixon <------- cue Law and Order sound fx!!!

Rellikbuzz

I remember watching it back in High School (in the 70's) and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. Especially if you were stoned. Now I see it and it just fills me with rage that the public could be so easily fleeced by such crap. Thanks to that movie, and the resulting legislation known as the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, over 11 MILLION AMERICANS have been encarcerated!

I hope that William Randolph Hearst, Dupont and Harry J. Anslinger are being TORMENTED IN HELL FOR ETERNITY! Those fukers deserve it.

Here's a link to an article I found in a blog entitled "Why is Marijuana Illegal?".
A synopsis in why we are STILL facing the wrath of their conspiracy, lies, cover up and the public "fleecing" of the American people. For the life of me, I can't understand why this ignorance continues to exist in our "so called" advancing society.

Why Is Marijuana Illegal?
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

RB

Steaks

just goes to show what $$$ can do. Imagine if the europeans would have planted mj instead of tobacco........What a different world it would be.

med_breeder

Thanks Rellikbuzz,
That was a very interesting read.
And Steaks I agree,
If Jamestown was filled with cannabis, this country would be a very different place.

peace.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love this movie & growing up in the 60s/70s we saw it in jr. high & high school every year. It wouldn't take too long when the subtle aroma of a joint or two would be wafting thru the auditorium & the lights would come up with teachers frantically looking for the offending party or evidence. What a gas.......
HPIM1452.jpg

'Marihuana' had some nudity tossed in for good measure.
HPIM1454.jpg

This was my personal devil decades ago.......
HPIM1455.jpg

I watched Reefer Madness a while ago. I really think it is far-fetched, but Im not surprised that people believed that garbage. My grandmother (who thinks cannabis is satan) actually believes the facts that are presented in Reefer Madness (i.e. smoke a joint and you will kill your brother) as do her peers. When I am told to do something or believe something, I really question it and decide if I agree with it. I don't see how people eat the shit that is being fed to them by the government. The government suceeded in brainwashing America, but we can change things. Now is the time to pull the wool away from our eyes, and from the eyes of our friends/collegues/children.

One other thing I was thinking about today at work was how our level of personal privacy is decreasing every day, and what it will be like in 50 years. Will the gov't be able to hear what we say no matter where we are? Will they implant us with GPS equipment and track us everywhere? (lol, maybe not this extreme, but I dont doubt there will be something similar). I hate to think what this world will be like for my children and their children.

lol I always get carried away after a nice joint. :rasta: :rasta:

peace fellow cannabis lovers

edit- I just saw the case of the movie "Marihuana", wow there are 2 pictures of syringes on the cover, talk about negative association.

Last edited:

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
It wasn't a comedy, it was actually trying to project itself as the "truth" about pot.

Which in turn made it a cult classic and very hilarious to the rest of us