What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone used this company... pls help

G

I'm creating a strain list for personal reasons. I want specific strains of dope for heady smoke. Now... my list is looking like ChemDog, Sour D, Trainwreck, MK Ultra, Blueberry and Strawberry Cough. I'm probably going to get a few at a time. Anyway... I was searching for legit, safe seeds today and came across www.bcbudonline.com. My question is, has anyone used this company, is it safe?

I don't want to get ripped off. I don't want to get arrested for growing a plant; and more importantly I dont want to unexpectedly grow a bullshit plant from crap seeds.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate any seed hunting help possible!

blazin:joint:

Last edited:
G

imho? what the fuck is imho? haha. I just asked if anyone has used this website?

TokeD

Anything asking to pay via-online using personal information IE credit card, address anything of that nature is NOT SAFE, you want to be using money orders. ordering seeds from canada = NOT SAFE can you say "emery?". It also looks as if their prices are a bit jacked up. IMHO = In my honest opinion. check out the seedbay.

www.seedbay.com trustworth genetics there. do your research if you have any questions you can post on each individual breeder forum.

good luck. stay safe.

Mickey696

If you looking at assembling that list I hope you have deep pockets and lots of spare time. Cause if you can get hold of them , you are going to spend big moola!

G

I'm not worried about the prices. I'm more interested in quality head smoke. I was wondering, seedbay requires you to make an account, name and physical address... whats so safe about that? Sour D on seedbay is like 150, same on bcbud.

Whats emery? Sorry to sound foolish brother. I plan on paying cash or money order, no way i'll use a credit card. I also have a saf house to ship my beans.

Maybe a fellow IC'er can PM me and just point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
blazin

TokeD

seedbay is a sister company of icmag, the same people who are here to protect our rights and share their knowledge, seedbay is the only company i'd purchase seeds from Anywhere. as far as your account, please you can figure that out.

Mark Emery: a man selling marijuana seeds in canada, with smokeshops/online website. Busted for the selling of cannabis seeds in canada, now faces lone jail sentances, also a lot of people ordering from mark emery now have to lay low and stay safe due to personal information from ordering seeds. please, stay safe, if you have any other questions please ask.

nick11

Veteran
They have some nice strains, too bad they are shady about sending orders. I wish seedbay would get some TGA seeds.

G

nick11 said:
They have some nice strains, too bad they are shady about sending orders. I wish seedbay would get some TGA seeds.

I agree how come TGA is not at seed boutique or seed bay? jillybean, jack the ripper, and orange velvet are some dank strains. :yummy: cmon seedbay hear the call!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea whu anyone that is a member here would order from outside. Seedbay gives reliable service and gives you someone to ask questions regarding your order. Thats piece of mind in itself.....

DrLongbottom

Veteran
HazeToker said:
I agree how come TGA is not at seed boutique or seed bay? jillybean, jack the ripper, and orange velvet are some dank strains. :yummy: cmon seedbay hear the call!

It may have to do with a certain article in a certain magazine where a certain person had not very nice things to say about one of our seedbay family members. ;).....peace DLB :joint:

G

DrLongbottom said:
It may have to do with a certain article in a certain magazine where a certain person had not very nice things to say about one of our seedbay family members. ;).....peace DLB :joint:

Really? What was said?

DrLongbottom

Veteran
I thought the style of my post showed the fact that I was implying that I was not gonna rehash the story...just giving you some leads to find it yourselves ;) peace DLB

HuffAndPuff

My guess would be HT, Subcool is a regular contributer. As far as what this is about, I don't have any idea. Ive been reading about TGA for a while now, and at first it seemed like they had some decent shit. But the last few articles they have contributed over at HT have really made me wonder.

In one article I remember them talking about using really small parental populations for Space Jill. They didn't need to select from a bigger group (4 male, 4 female as I recall) because Vic High's original breeding work was so good.

Another article was a different strain, but with a similar explanation for why they (again) used a small population to work with (bx?). It was because that was how a breeder at home would be doing it, and wanting to get a similar selection? This one I am foggier on, but I remember reading it on the shitter, scratching my balls, and thinking that it sounded fishy.

Then this months HT had an article from mz.Jill. In this one they talk about getting a 20+ year old clone named Melvin from a friend of some old hippies. They were skeptical cuz of the name, grew it, blah blah...WOW! They loved it so much they decided to rename it Orange Velvet. And now they're gonna be throwing their boys at her. WTF?!?! rewind to the renaming part... The way the whole thing was written it was like this was some piece of shit plant that only found her legs when TGA decided to give her a better name to market.

All these things together have added up to closet hackery for me, I think. I'm thinking about these "old hippies"- without whom there'd be no MELVIN. Or the many "old hippies" who have contributed so much to our work. Dead Shows, anyone? How about Phish? How many clones, or bagseeds were grown that were traded/bought at those shows? (Chemdawg anyone?) All those came from "old hippies" as TGA would see it. Somewhere down the line some of these "old hippies" were doing the tough, dedicated work of growing/selecting/breeding/maintaining said genetics.

Its fine if these people can't or wont take credit for their work. Shit, I bet the growers of what was Chemdawg's mom have no idea what they even had or what stir they would create. I look at such bagseed creations as a gift from the pot gods, and if you are the lucky recipient, you can do what ya want with em. Trademark em, whatever buddy. But when this is a clone that is being circulated, and it doesn't have anyone taking credit for it THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU CAN JUST SLAP YOUR NAME ON IT AND CALL IT YOURS!

Remember the first Austen Powers movie? "My father made outrageous statements, like that he invented the question mark." See, that shit is a joke cuz even though we dont know who did invent it, we know that Dr. Evil's papa did not.

The boutique breeding I don't mind so much. It is 90% genetics. Because people like Vic High, and some "old hippies" did the hard work, you can get away with selecting from small populations. What I don't like is that it feels like that by changing the name of the parent, they are trying to rewrite this strains history. Seems like Hubris to me. As someone said in another thread about another breeder "With those genetics you were born on third, but you still think you hit a triple" (wish I could remember who said it, funniest thing I've read in a while).

If this has hijacked the thread I apologize. I wasn't aware it was going to turn into a rant. If anyone wants to respond to this, just start a new thread by quoting it, then reply to it there. I will actually post this,verbatim, as a new thread.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

If you are after an straight headsmoke blazindro212 I would recommed that you take a look of some sativas from different companies that will give you that all in the headhigh but more cheaper than any of those "elite strains" you mentioned.

As many have posted before in this thread, you should take a look in the seedbay & seedboutique. These places will offer works of many breeders in a reasonable price. They ship the seeds inconspicuous and are reliable, if you have any question considering the strains you are looking, you can simply ask straight from the breeders.

I hope you find what you are looking for!!!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol .... LOL if this article was really published it shows that Tga never heard anything of mendel , etc ....

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
HazeToker said:

Subcool and Gypsy had a business falling out some years ago. Sub will not release his seeds thru SB or SB. I wish that they could work out their differences as it would be great to be able to obtain his genetics and Sub would have a much larger distribution network.

Latest posts

Latest posts