What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~NGB Micro Cab 175/150w MH/HPS - Durban Poison, Skunk #1, Fat Skunk, Secret~

stevr59

yes i do remaber him saying a 250 was a waste but looking at my past grows they shure needed more light or at lest 2 lights seems the foot print of my 150 is not as wide as i wants

I think a more wide spread reflector will resolve that issue. Also, I recall you telling me that your bulb was a few years old. I may be wrong, but you might also try replacing the bulb.

stevr59

yeah a new bulb is in the works lol but me need money so with that can any one please send me 10 mi9llions dollars in small un maked bills please. ohhhhhhhh i got 5 more days and my babbie will be coming down going to be a small harvest this go a round but one plants buds are looking so good and wile its down i am going to try and up grade my ventalaztion sysytem some fixing to emove the 2" tube from the flowing room to the utitly room and install my 4 " dryer hose then just need to make my cool tube and they should help things a lot might add 2 more hole in the flowing room as well and all so when funds become adavibly i will invest in a ro unit hope this help more with my ph proublem wich so far has inproved since i added 10 mill protekit 10 mil of hydrogen proroxiced now my ph runsfrom 6.4 to 5.8 insted of 5.8 3.0 all so could be to i been adding rain water as my add back this may have help only proublem with rain water i cant seem to get anought to last till the next rain so i might all so get a 55 platic drum to collect water off the roof and before you swich over to hydro read up on some of lucas thread on CW i learnd a lot about nute mangment wich i think will pay off next grow with bigger yeilds and less proublems

Cool. Thanks for the info man. I think regardless of where the crop is at, im just going to chop on wednesday next week. I've taken several samples here and there and they've been pretty good smoke, just harsh because of being wet. I'm too anxious to start the hydro and these were so small anyway. Heres a couple of updated pics.

Weird ass male.. Flowered by accident in 18/6 some how..

Couple of samples. Bad quality pics sorry..

Hydro Ready Seedlings in Rapid Rooters on Perlite wick system. Thanks to Pontiac on this one.

Well my meter finally came yesterday. I found out my pH was at 6.5 and the temp at 72°F and the PPM's were at 30. So I added some pH down and got it to around 5.6 and within a few hours it jumped to 6.2. I also fed some grow formula and brought the PPM's up to 200. Some of the plants seem not to have liked it, but we'll see how it goes. I'll post a pic when I can.

stevr59

well they should do fine if there heathly give a few days and when the roots hit the water wach out they take off. glad your is up and running now i am kind of sorry i put a tomatoe plant in mine lol wanted to try the chem? x c-99 and see how they do. just dont let the males go to waste i saved the pollen from mine so i could get more seeds but not shure what hapen but i whent to pollenate my babies and open the wrapper and there was no pollen and there was some in there a few mounths back. but i still got a lot of seeds from the out door crop so i am still good. they need a site where peps like us can go and trade seeds or clones. i think there was a site some where but i cant remamber where it was . but i just want to find some killer shit that will make me lol at nouting and forgot what i am saying and see tracers . ahhhhhhhhhhh old school weed
like the old clombian gold and panama red dam i miss the old days never knew what a 1/ oz was hehehe only got it in oz for 20 bucks ohhhhhhhhhh here some good info for you not shure if you read it or not but got some good info on nute mangnment and som other good growing info http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/index.html

Very cool man. Thanks again. As always you've been very helpful. Well the roots have exploded on two of them. I'm not sure what the deal is but they're living the high life. :) Hopefully the other two will catch up.

I'm currently the high bidder on "Tom Hill's Pure Haze." I've heard a lot of good things and I believe the lines to be colombian and thai but predominantly thai if I understood right. Apparently he's also been working on filtering for more purple pheno's so that would be FUCKING cool to grow them out and find some really purple stuff that's a pure haze - I can pretend it's jimmy hendrix smoke LOL.

$20 an O.. that's crazy. The market in my town is $50 an 8. A puny 3.5g's for $50 - what a joke. I've only been smoking for 7 years now so I don't really know the 'good ol days' lol. I'm only in my early 20's so that puts a damper on things.

Lastly - I thought I read somewhere that pollin only last a couple of weeks. I also read elsewhere you can mix it 10:1 with flower and it will last longer.

stevr59

lol well the days i am speaking of are like 1972-1978 but like now i didnt have 20 bucks then either but dam shure sounds good now. but then hell cigs where 50 cents a pack gas was 50 cents a gallon but i made like 1.00 an hour so i was just as poor then as i am now lmao and that thai dam shure sounds good ohhhhhhhh i for got about them good old thai sticks one lil pinner and 6 peep would be fried dam i want to go back lol

Well we built the NGB box. Lets start on the time machine. I'm sure I could find a few things to go back and change. No questions about that. I wasn't even born in that time yet lol. I don't know if it's something you would be interested in or not, but there's a really really good book called "The Richest Man in Babylon." It's got a lot of short stories in it about money and making it and stuff. It is a little bit of a difficult read but if you have the opportunity to, I would recommend reading it. It will change lives of even the most skeptical.

Crap! Sorry UG man. I didn't catch your post there. My clones are doing ok though. They just got started in the hydro. I'll post a pic today. 2 Took off and then one of the other 2 looks like it will probably make it and then theres one that looks like it wont..

Hydro Seedling Overview

Hydro Seedling Overview

Well im about 5.8-6.2 pH on avg. so far - hard to make it just right but im learning how to rock it. I got about 230ppms and avg res temp @ 70-72. So far I have used 20ml of grow about 3 days ago, and today I added 5ml of liquid karma. I haven't added hardly any water though. They just haven't been drinking it, but the roots are looking like they're about to start. Also, this is all under my 175mh bulb - my 150w hps is a conversion. So I guess thats kina nice :wave:

I may also add that that I started these seeds in rapid rooters after germing them for 2 days when they popped. Since then I had them in the funny lookin perlite wick system and then I just transplanted them into the water once they all had a good root system. Except for the one you can see now - it's struggling so I thought I would help it by making it starve for water a bit.

stevr59

looking good my man looking good... got one qustion for ya you got a 175 watts mh light with blallast and use the 150 watts hps conversion in the mh lite if this true where did you find the mh and allso the conversion bulb.... sounds like a sweet set up so far... if it work good i might do that my self...

So far it's working pretty well. Plants are looking pretty healthy. Started getting some brown spots because my pH was out of wack for a bit, but now I got both pH down AND up so I should be good. I have been moving slowly up from 230ppms to 450ppms for my nutes and using both pbp grow and karma - kind of alternating - just depending on how I feel at the moment. Mostly just grow though.

Anyhow to answer your question, I got a 175w MH ballast on ebay for $40. Then I bought the 175w MH mogul socket and bulb @ 1000bulbs.com. I bought the 150w HPS conversion bulb there as well. It was a pretty penny but I figure it's worth it because the hps puts out more lumens than the MH and the MH is just a few more watts. Essentially it's just a standard MH setup. The pricey part is the HPS bulb which was like $50 or $60 if I remember right. But then I can switch back and forth as needed. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

Day 12 - Seedling Updates

Day 12 - Seedling Updates

Well sadly these are un-sexed seedlings... hopefully we'll end up with a couple of females but we'll see how good my luck really is.

Today I added 5ml of Karma and 5ml of grow. PPM's are about 580 now. Also topped off the water a bit to my little fill line. It was at 6pH when I got there and after topping the water off and adding the nutes it dropped down to a nice 5.81. This pH pen has been doing very nicely. Sadly i've been noticing some brown spots coming up. Mostly on the older leaves from about a week ago or so on 2 of the seedlings. Any ideas? I was thinking it was from a few days ago when my pH was real low (low 5's) locking out some essentials.

Also the runt that was struggling seems to have started some massive root growth. I think she was catch up. (Hopefully she)

stevr59

well i just looked at ur babies and from what i can tell there all healthy, but yeah i seen ur runt but its ok thats ur female, but looking at em you got 2 males 2 females and that be sweet if you got at lest 2 female cuz that should net your very close to 100 grams of buds . wich by the way i just weight mine they just came out of the curning jars and i pulled over 100 grams easy but thats useing a postal scale may be one day i will own a digtal scale.. but all is good my man cuz this stage is not going to be that great cuz you dont know what are female and wich one are males but once this is done next crop will be a lot better just kind of making me mad you got smoke a growing and i stuck a tomatoe plant in mine..
what the hell here a pic of mine check out my babie, she will make wish you had a grow like this don't ya don't ya lol ohhhhhhhhh check out the air vent mod i just did all most ready for my cool tube.

:wave:

stevr59

one cuz i thought my gf was moving back so i thought i get her use to me growing veggies till they used to it. and i got a plenty of buds to last me way after jan. and i allso have a green house in the works all hyrdo green house wich i will do the same thing as soon as every one get use to me growing veggys i will slip some sweet lil gurl in there. but then ya know she not to brite all i have to do is put a name tag on my baby saying russian parsley and my great great granny use it to remove anal warts she would belive that.

Latest posts

Latest posts