What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~NGB Micro Cab 175/150w MH/HPS - Durban Poison, Skunk #1, Fat Skunk, Secret~

Really nice finished look to your cabinet. Very nice. I am surprised you were able to get that project finished wearing that mask. I have one for Halloween and I can't see crap out of it. Always trippin over stuff and hot, man it's hot. Well Halloween is still hot here most years.

What kind of fishing do you do? Just freshwater?

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Holy crap from 90F all the way down to 80F is just amazing! Cant wait to see a grow update!

G

Wow that's a big improvement on the air temps!!! That's a good example of the difference an air cooled hood will make. If you took a piece of glass and sealed the hood and opened up a vent hole on the opposite side of the hood, it would drop the temps even more.

I still think your intakes are too small. 2 x the area of the exhaust is needed and that goes for internal ducting as well.

At least your in the safe zone for the plants and can tweak away at the box now.

Day 45 From Seed - LST Tie Down & FIM 2x

Day 45 From Seed - LST Tie Down & FIM 2x

Two of the Durban Poisons are doing terribly... the rest of the plants are doing ok considering the high temps and low humidity. Humidifer coming in on Wednesday - probably taking the cab to the basement as well so that should reduce the temps and increase the humidity. I'm not 100% sure, but does this look like an N deficiency? There was an explosion of growth on her in the past few days and i'm thinking that may be the case. We shall see though. Here are some new pics:

stevr59

one cheep trick to help cool it is ad a muffin fan on ur light hood and have it blowing at the bulb that helped my temp a lot i had highs of 102 at one point now th higest i got is 91 with 87 adavage running temp.next step for me will be add more intakes and make me a cool tube. but not shure if i want to add more instake as i kind of need the suckson to keep my warp up doors seal tight but then mine was only a test box any ways. but so far your doing one hell of a job with it.

Stevr- Thanks a lot man. I think I may try that or I may try like Red Greenery says to make a glass and another hole in the reflector so it cools the light totally.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Very nice thread DP. I may use your idea on cooling......I need too. But I have heat and humidity, opposite of you.

Good luck, it is looking great.

Thanks POMH.

Well everyone sadly I had to move the cab to the basement out of my room. :badday: It was fun while it lasted but it just gets too hot during the day. Now I moved it into the basement and its staying between 76-82°F which is much better. The humidity is normally around 24-26%, but I bought a humidifer from walgreens for only $20. It increased by about 12% in 12 hours overnight using a half gallon of water. Now its staying aronud 38% but today will be the first day its been in the best environment I can make it. I think I may end up needing to get a more powerful humidifer though, but we'll see.

Well the humidifer turned out to be a partial success. However, it was loud and obnoxious. So I bought the next step up for $30 and i'm taking the 1st one back tomorrow. This one seams to produce more humidity and its nearly silent unlike the first one which was louder than my exhaust fan.. It was more like a tub of water with a fan on it anyway. This one you can actually see the mist. 32%RH now instead of 24 so that's a plus. Staying at about 80°F now which is so much better than my old 96 lol.

On to the good stuff - I found out why i was having deficiencies in every department. I was getting nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus defs. and I know I have been watering decently and not excessively so I narrowed it down thanks to "My name stitch" thread and found it was a pH problem. My irrigation water outside is a perfect 7pH which apparently is best for soil (so i've read). I was keeping it too low at between the upper five's to low/mid six's. I flushed all the plants tonight and this was also good because it increased the humidity a little bit as well. I've been doing all this research on hydro and forgot about the pH difference between the two. Hopefully I can get back to the regular nutrient regime once things dry up. Liquid Karma by Botanicare is the shit!

So I exchanged the last humidifer for the next one up and this one is silent and my RH is now at 38% so i'm almost there. Stayin around 80-82°F so i'm in the clear finally. It will just get better i'm sure with the winter coming.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
That looks like a great little setup, I've got a few questions though. What is the entire area of the flowering room? HxWxD? Also, how far is it from the top of the tub to the screen, and from the screen to the light at it's highest point? Good luck, I'll definitely be watching any progress!

These aren't perfectly accurate, but the flower chamber is approximately the following:

26"Wide x 20"Deep x 31"High

At the moment since I started from scratch and have no experience yet with hydro, I started my seeds in the soil and have 7 plants from seedlings. Today is day 46 from seed in the dirt. Unfortunately I haven't sexed them out yet, but hopefully we'll get some good results and lots of female.

Unfortunately without having my hydro tub/ScrOG screen in use yet I haven't measured it. You may want to ask Stevr what his measurements are as he's got a lot more experience with the NGB Cab than I do.

I'll post some updated pics in a little bit.

stevr59

hey bounty the flower room is 3.75 sq feet.. the height from the tub to the screen is 8"
and from the screen to my light is i think is 24" i will check in a few, when the light come on. cuz i am not 100% shure the inside. ok i just check and its 14" not as high as i thought and my box mesurment are 24.5 x 20" x 31"

Last edited:
Yeah I would take Stevr's measurements. Mine got all fouled up because the NGB plans were removed along with OG right when I started constructing my box so things got all fouled up.

On another note -
My humidity apparently is helping keep the room cooler. I live in a really dry climate. The room humidity is now staying between 47 and 50% :woohoo: and the temps are staying between 74°F to 78°F :woohoo: . I just transplanted the plants into larger pots. Looks like they're in shock now, but we'll see what happens. My 'secret' strain is very cool. It's pre-flowers (hopefully future bud sites if it turns out female) are turning purple on the leaves. The branches are about 50/50 purple as well so this may be the purple-keeper strain I have been looking for. Hopefully it turns out female. :yummy:

The rest of the plants aren't doing that well sadly. Or at least not as well as I would like to see. Too much abuse with the high heat, low humidity, transplant, over nute etc... Guess I'll just have to buck up and mother...err father them out. :pointlaug

Last edited:
Updated Pics

Updated Pics

Everythings lookin better after the transplant and PH value adjustment. Please feel free to laugh or leave a comment. :pointlaug :joint: :wave:

Last edited: