What's new

How to make my plant short instead of long.

Zerman

I am about to grow a Lowryder #2 and i saw some photos of growers and i can say that its a pretty nice plant. I used to grow greek Kalamatiano is it called. Its outdoor and 1 meter long. This time i decided to make a short one indoor.

The thing is what do i have to do to make the Lowryder become like that
g8jrgfxhp

Instead of that
qggtenzzr

How to make side branches produce side branches?

T

TrueReligion

Keep your lights as close as the enviornment you've created will allow you. My auto got to 11 nodes at 7" with a 1000w hps at 2 feet before it started to flower

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
You must know that topping the plant every 2 nodes of leaves will make it a bush.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
stop growing auto's... and use photo sensitive palnts...IE not auto..
then... follow the recommendations given...
topping, training, LST, many options to {help} keep a plant short...

but... genetics' do matter... a long term sativa is gonna stretch like a mofo, thus tall...
where a s a Afghani / indicia will grow short, and stout ... much like it's climate, and growing season...

but that's landrace genetics'... all this hybrid crap comes... from...

but that is another thread...

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
For autoflower varieties, LST is the only option. That being said, Lowryder is supposed to be a short stout plant to begin with...

Lowrider #2 is a very very short plant to begin with.

To keep a plant short, while in veg bend it over 90 degrees, stake it and tie it down. Your lower side branches will begin to get light and grow out during veg, By doing this I have had the lowest branch be as tall and as big as a main cola.

P

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Did not realize it was an autoflower. Never top an autoflower, and they are small to start with. Have not grown one in many years, but had them between 1 foot and 3 foot. I was not a good grower at that point, and was using miracle grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts