What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My little warehouse build.

MtnLivin

What's up guys!! I'm going to document my warehouse build in this thread. The warehouse is 1440 SF, but unfortunately I'm stuck with 100 amps as its not possible to upgrade to 200 at this spot. That's ok! I just have to make do with what I have.

Im in middle of framing up two 20'x12'x10' completely sealed rooms. I will get some photos up ASAP.

I need to figure out the maximum amount of lights I can run along with the mini splits, fans, filters, dehueys etc... There will be no veg room at this location so I have all 100 amps to work with for the two flower rooms.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MtnLivin

eric2028

Veteran
Prob wanna run 12k per room or so. 4 tons of Ac. U could do a 2 ton split at each end. Plan on placing ballast outside of room. Every space is different.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Prob wanna run 12k per room or so. 4 tons of Ac. U could do a 2 ton split at each end. Plan on placing ballast outside of room. Every space is different.

You have no idea what you are talking about and your advice is daft. 1k lamps draw about 9 amps. 9x12= 108 amps and there is only 100 available. Don't give advice that could burn down someone's spot.

I would set up two 4k rooms and run them on the flip. Or 6k depending on the draw of your accessories. I would plan to only run a total of 80amps at any given time.

O

OG Tree Grower

12 light on 240v is 60 amps. That gives ya lots lets for ac and accessories, run on a flip to utilize the 100 amps the whole time.

Kinda crazy question for a guy who is building this tho isn't it?

O

OG Tree Grower

12 light on 240v is 60 amps. That gives ya lots lets for ac and accessories, run on a flip to utilize the 100 amps the whole time.

Kinda crazy question for a guy who is building this tho isn't it?

Dude your building sealed rooms before u know how many lights? You better sit down and figure your shit out or your gonna go way over budget right quick.

Do wrong right thread in grow diaries. Go there and check that out. Really good ideas for a grow this size and rykus has it all down to a T.

MtnLivin

Sorry guys. I guess I should have spoke my mind a little less. I've been growing for about 12 years now. I'm also Surfr from the farm. I know exactly what I can and can't run. Like I said I was speaking out loud. I always have 1000 different things running through my head all at once so sometimes I'm all over the place lol. Check out my IG for some photos _surfr_

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
100 amps is gonna get used up Quick !!!! main thing is (which nobody has mentioned so far ) is cooling & heating this space . do you have natural gas available in there or are you planning on using the lights for heat ?

then Veg ...... your going to use alot of that juice just in veg to be able to fill your flower rooms .
concentrate on that first then use what you have left for flower & flip the rooms .

thats just my 2cents

MtnLivin

Hey dansbuds! Thanks for the input bro. The rooms will be very well insulated and where I live it doesn't get very cold at all in the winter. The mini split systems have a heat pump built in so that will suffice for a heater.

There will be no veg room in this facility. The whole thing is dedicated to two flower rooms.

O

OG Tree Grower

Why are you building the rooms already bro? Do you know what kinda system and room style your going with? Are you going with the 12 k? Even if you do go 12 k you still have some wiggle room for a couple 600w veg lights or whatever. It's not as tight as you would think if you actually measure the draw as opposed to adding everything up and giving the 20% safety factor

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is just curiosity, I have never used one. How much juice do those mini splits draw?

about 14 amps on the ones i checked out .

another thing you might want to consider is put your rooms on a splitter , one runs days & the other nights . less ballasts & the power consumption is split in half by using it 24 hrs instead of 12 . not that you'll save any money on the power bill , but you'll be able to run twice as many lights . :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts