What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Emerald harvest nutrients

BillFarthing

Veteran
They stacked their company with a bunch of ex-Advanced Nutrients employees. They charge about $30 a bottle, so middle of the road as far as premium nutrients go. They work alright, but there's a LOT of nutrient lines out there that perform better.

Their Cali Pro is their 2-part base. They also have a 3-part base. Emerald Goddess is their tonic, I'm assuming some SHAZAM in the bottle like triacontanol. King Kola is their PK booster. Root Wizard is probably IBA. Honey Chome is their aroma and resin builder. Sturdy Stalk is their potassium silicate additive. Pretty standard bottles for a straight forward nutrient line.

A couple of notes about the packaging: They cheaped out and used laundry detergent bottles that leave a mess on your hands and the cap when shaken. The bottles aren't sealed at the store, so someone could have returned it full of water for all I know. The packaging sure isn't going to get a new customer to pick it up.

Overall, I'd probably give Emerald Harvest a C-grade because I can't place what sets them apart from any other nutrient line.

That's the word that they are ex advanced employees. One of the hydro stores i shop at was trying to push the line pretty hard . When I asked them if the line was good or what top nutrient line it compared to they couldn't give a straight answer. They just mentioned we are trying it. They used the whole ex advanced nutrients employees developed it so its good lol..

Is there any or a standout product from them?

BillFarthing

Veteran
Is there any or a standout product from them?

That's what I struggle with. I've used it. It works alright. It's a little expensive compared to a tried and true GH or Botanicare. But there is nothing that sets them apart . . . besides their laundry detergent bottles.

TripleBasic

Just like Canna and H&G, one of the founders of Advanced broke off and made Emerald.
I spoke to the Advanced rep, who obviously had some caustic words for them, among them that they stole formulas when they split. But, he says, those formulas are like 20 years old.

The only thing that sets them apart is that King Kola is the only product on the market (AFAIK) that uses a cannabis protein as opposed to a soy protein.
Personally, I kind of like the laundry detergent bottles, individual measuring cups limit the risk of contamination.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Just like Canna and H&G, one of the founders of Advanced broke off and made Emerald.
I spoke to the Advanced rep, who obviously had some caustic words for them, among them that they stole formulas when they split. But, he says, those formulas are like 20 years old.

The only thing that sets them apart is that King Kola is the only product on the market (AFAIK) that uses a cannabis protein as opposed to a soy protein.
Personally, I kind of like the laundry detergent bottles, individual measuring cups limit the risk of contamination.

Nice talking points. So how long have you been a sales rep for Emerald Harvest? :tiphat::laughing:

BubbaBear

I hate to pick on up and coming nutrient companies but if you don't have anything unique to offer but leaky detergent bottles what's the point. There's way to many companies pushing redundant ingredients, bring something new to the table or stay out if the game.

BillFarthing

Veteran
+++++++++deleted post+++++++++++.

Nice first post.

It's funny. One of the Advanced sales reps broke off and EH snatched them up. He was under a non-compete, so his girlfriend is on the payroll riding along with him on the route. He doesn't even get paid.

Couldn't make this stuff up, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the two part whole line:.. the bottles leak.... and the product was under par wish I could get my money back....in flowering the potency wasn't there did make the flowers look pretty...The team need to reformulate the 2 part....

BillFarthing

Veteran
The sales reps were very nice. They gave me a sample box with bases and additives, so I tried it. There were no surprises with pH swings or deficiencies. It was easy. The plants looked healthy. That said, the weight just was not there. I've had better results with GH 3-part or Jacks Hydro.

My initial criticism may have been a little harsh, but this is just not the line for me for the results out of the bottle.

GuyManDude

I was looking at this line of nutes as well. My main question is this, does anyone in this thread have actual experience with this line? We have trolls trashing everyone's comments, supposed trolls from AN, blah blah blah.

did anyone actually use the product and take notes, approach them in an analytical manner, instead of , taking a big toke and saying, "Duuuude, they suuuck,. just because...."?

seriously people, wtf?

And for anyone still using GH and Botanicare, shame on ya. I will not buy anything that puts a dime in Scotts or Monsanto's pockets. Grow a set and take a stand for something beside money

Easy7

Veteran
It's not trolling. You can make your own chem junk blend at a fraction of the cost.

Personally, I stay away from bottled nutrients. $600 in fertilizer just to run hydro for 2 grows and one light. It's not worth the cost. Making tea and growing in soil is much more economical.

Rather spend $600 on seed.

GuyManDude

It's not trolling. You can make your own chem junk blend at a fraction of the cost.

Personally, I stay away from bottled nutrients. $600 in fertilizer just to run hydro for 2 grows and one light. It's not worth the cost. Making tea and growing in soil is much more economical.

that's a great point. Not all of us are jr chemists wanting to mix our own raw salts, now do we have experience dialing in a homemade organic mix.

did anyone take notes and and can point out what this stuff does or doesn't do? what strains worked better with it? Hydro, coco, dirt, aero? some sort of information that actually explains why the stuff is so bad?

Easy7

Veteran
It's chems like miracle grow.

Don't have to be a chemist. I knew a agri student with only an associates mixing salts. Can be any ratio you want and is super simple. If you want chem grown.

I'll stick with nature.

MtnLivin

The Emerald Goddess and King Kola absolutely rock. I've used the Honey Chome with great results as well. The Root wizard is also a good product from them. I haven't ran anything else, though.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Unless you have actual experience using it, I call it trolling.

You need to define what a grow means to you.

For me it's anywhere from 4-6 plants X 2 (using your calculation), but I get closer to 4 grows (one liter bottles), so... very economical for well thought out nutrient line. They also provide a week by week feeding chart

Here's ONE plant fed EH from a seedling. Roughly 7 days left

View attachment 405013

View attachment 405014

GuyManDude

oh i have lots of friends, very talented growers who mix their own raw salts and their results are heads and tails above what i've ever seen anyone get from miracle grow.

everything is a chemical when you break it down - yes, even organics

Latest posts

Latest posts