What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow, i.e. a crazy crash course on cannabis cultivation

N

NoSocSlic

Oh, and also...

I found some more spider mites on Charlie Cooper...

...Pissed...

Sucks man! I've never had spider mites. Had bugs, but not those bugs yet. Did they hitch a ride from someone else's garden? I think that's why I haven't had them. I don't know if spinosad works on spider mites as well as it does on thrips, but I did wonders on those little buggers. I am under the impression that it does work on anything eating leaf.

wheres the grinspoon from?ive been wanting that for awhile but keep hearing bad shit about barneys farm.

A clone shop down the street. Didn't even ask to see my GF's medical ID... sheesh... But yeah... we shall see if its a legit pheno or not.

I'll keep ya posted.

-Kweku

Sucks man! I've never had spider mites. Had bugs, but not those bugs yet. Did they hitch a ride from someone else's garden? I think that's why I haven't had them. I don't know if spinosad works on spider mites as well as it does on thrips, but I did wonders on those little buggers. I am under the impression that it does work on anything eating leaf.

I think you're right...

I used SM-90 in the past, and have stopped with that due to the fact it kills bennies, which I'd rather have than a sterile res. It does everything.

Recently been trying something called Mantis BE (Bastards Everywhere) by Dominion Organics. Uses rosemary instead of coriander, and won't harm bennies/mycos.

I did a dunk with the Mantis before flipping to 12/12, but I believe one or two pregnant mites survived. Charlie Cooper has been their prime target on the past two infestations. I believe I will throw her out tonight, as well as Purple Berry, for space and circulation.

I believe the entire bottom of just about all my plants have brown mould growing on them, dead reddish brown crispy leaves. I moved my two smaller fans from above to below the canopy, to help circulate and dry the air a bit, and I will be pruning any branches that aren't as strong as the main tops. Main reason for doing this is the humidity control.

Somebody posted earlier saying that my canopy was too dense and used the word "counterproductive..." Starting to see what he meant. :/ Still learning. Flowers (and top of canopy) looking great so far. Just gotta get that air moving a bit better!!!

Thanks for checking in... I'll let you guys know what comes of my pruning and culling and miting.

Later
-Kweku

UPDATE:

Took off all the nasty small branches, and what I believe to be moldy leaves. Removed shoots that were just sucking what the top guys want, and took out Charlie Cooper, and Purple Berry. They are now on the porch as "outdoor experiments" for the roommate, and I have a nice "air exchange hole" in my canopy. Condensation has been at a minimum.

Here are the ladies on day 17:

Got my fans down low to help with circulation through the canopy, preventing standing wet air.

Lollipopped.

Chemdawg '91 "B"

Chemdawg '91 "J"

Ak-47

Mendo Purps

Cookies Kush

Cookies Kush profile

Grandaddy OG

Dr. Grinspoon - Can anyone tell if this is a legit phono yet? I'm guessing its not, the buds look too hazey, not "quazey"

They look good. At least I can't tell there's mites yet.
Give us a whole canopy shot lol -no rush-

Nice timing, Dready... LOL!

Yeah! I forgot to mention... Did a back to back treatment on Tue and Wed after taking the slower branches. I have to say I think all mites are dead, but since I'm not too far into flower, I'm gonna hit 'em two days later with another back to back. Then I'll wash the leaves off two days after that with a good clean rinse, and order some predator mites to seal the deal. Once the last spider mites are swept up, the predators will eat each other, just as my flowers ripen. Good timing to catch this!!!

Thanks for the kindness!
-Kweku Ananse

God damn you're quick!!!
That is a thick canopy my friend

LOL! Yeah I been trying to find the sweet spot on them Black Dogs. Looks like about 1 ft of penetration at about 30" - gonna drop them to 24" and hope for another 2-3" of penetration during the bud heightening and widening stages.

Whew!
Gotta go feed... Later!
-KA

N

NoSocSlic

Hell Yeah man! That is gonna be some serious business in 6 weeks. You are doing things well, the ladies look great.

Got the lights in there at about 18-20" from my lower plants, and about 15" from Dr. Grinspoon. The heirloom sativa could maybe take the extra light to use up some of that damn nitrogen... friggin every plant has pale yellows dropping from under their skirts, while Grinspoon's tips twist and burn (ever so slightly). Contemplating having a sprayer with nothing but drip clean solution in it. That plant dries the fastest, and deposits the most salts... I've been riding her right on the edge this whole time... I think I've got a happy medium for all the genetics I got going on in the room. That sativa is touchy...

Anyway, my bushier plants have a depth of approx. 14" and the spindly ones with stretchy colas have a max depth of about 18", with only the furthest 6" being dense, and the first foot being tall and thin, and thus non-obstructive [and ultimately not part of the canopy depth calculation].

On the other hand, I do have my 12" oscillating blasting the girls with both barrels, perhaps its just force bending the tips? Could be. Maybe 5 fans on LO would be better all around than 3 fans on HI.

I'll hopefully be picking up my long awaited CO2 setup, and going to get the tank filled tomorrow... Maybe I'll grab a few more fans as well. Come to think of it, I'm fairly certain that my burning tips may not be overdose at the hand/root exchange, but perhaps due to EXCESSIVE transpiration. I did just spray with rosemary oil the past two days... I can only imagine the effect... Like hot wings... instant beads.

Anyway I'm rambling...

Violator Kush! Take me to bed!
-Kweku

Here you can see my intake ducting at low left, a fan blowing toward the rear left corner of the tent (seen at center), and a fan at the back (seen just left of the tent pole) blowing toward the right rear corner.

Another shot of the fan closest to the intake which blows to the rear left corner, and of the fan in the rear left corner which blows to rear right corner.

...I think you see where I'm going with this...

The front right fan is pointed upward pushing the end of the cyclone created by the other three fans...

...Up to the 12" oscillating fan...

Continued from last post^^^

...whose osc. pattern follows the arc of my 720 watts. I've already shown the 4" exhaust fan and ducting in another post, but you can also see it here sucking from the rear right corner, kitty corner (both horizontally and vertically) from the intake.

Did a bit of rearranging to allow a bit more light to some of the bushier plants' side branches. Chemdawg '91 is very good at filling in the gaps.

Ak-47 Day 18... Just had to...

Cookies Kush Day 18

Mendo Purps Day 18

All is well, just picked up the CO2 outfit, should have it set up by tomorrow after I get the tank filled.

Thanks for the kind words and advice!
-Kweku Ananse

Updates, feeling tired and lackluster...

Spider mites should be dead... ordered some predators by phone... nothing happened... card hasn't been charged... whatever... I sprayed two days on, two off, two on... and that was with not a single visible mite... whatever... saw some minor burning, maybe from the rosemary, maybe just dripping and burning as it dried in the light...

Got the CO2 outfit in place.

Controller shown above my humidistat. Also did some training... pretty sure everything is done stretching, trying to give as many buds even light as I can. I also cut out a bit of my CANNA Coco Part A, but have since decided to go with the school of thought to maintain N levels through all plant life stages, instead of trying to limit it in flower. Maybe this won't work so well for my synthetics, bust honestly I'm done with CANNA once these bottles are empty.

View of canopy through other window.

Delivery tube enters where exhaust duct exits...

...and terminates at the back of the osc.

Peace
-KA

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
big-lob-lookin-good1.gif