What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kozmo's World

Former Guest

valentines day is less than two months away :D I bet they'd have some cute ones for the holiday....pink and red pot leaves :biglaugh: then some edible chocolates, flowers + sappy card with heartfelt message, and next thing you know, you're getting a bj :D

Kozmo

Veteran
PCK two weeks

PCK two weeks

Well it's been two weeks since I potted the PCK from his seedling cup. Let me know what you think of the growth. The pic was taken ten minutes ago. I've got a mother seedling that popped. Not a PCK but a really healthy looking seed. Another one popped but I might have messed him up somehow. I also preped a airpot for PCK's transplant as stated above. I've noticed some cover crop growth. So that's Kool. Enjoy the holidays everyone!

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
On a side note: stardawg and gg4 got pulled:(. Better go at it next time. Livn and learnin.

Kozmo

Veteran
Cover crop

Cover crop

Eww, noticed my cover crop not shy about growing out the sides of the airpots. Note to self: fill airpots all the way. As much as I can. Utilize pot space.

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
Build update

Build update

Update on the build: a shot of all four corners. You can see the entry way door to my shop area. Did I mention the door will be hidden, secret, stealth? Whatever you want to call it. It'll be slick. Any way, four inch thick insulation(you can see where the window was), spray foamed the seams along with tyvex taped. Next steps: Ice and water on the floor, then 6 mil plastic the walls and ceiling, drywall with mold resistant drywall, run duct work accross house up wall and out roof, paint, wallpaper with reflective material. I going to stop there for now. Happy new year all!

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
Update

Update

Put the ice and water down today. Cover crop is growing well. So is this seedling I've got next to the PCK.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Nicely done man! I love the straw and covers, this is my set up to a tee and it works great for me. I love the clover peaking out of the air pot too haha

Kozmo

Veteran
Update

Update

Howdy TM, always a pleasure to have you pop in. I like the new GD icon. Have developed a gnat problem which I found out is common with airpots. Ordered some neem oil from BAS and will be seeing if I can diffuse the situation. The PCK is about three weeks now. I also received my sample pack of Xtreme products(2 Mykos 100g sample bar, 1 Azos sample, 1 CalCarb sample, 1 Xtreme tea sample, and one awesome Xtreme sticker!). Build is going well. Ran duct from front of house to back of house, up through the wall, into a arttic crawl space, and out a existing vent through the roof. A couple pieces to add but done for the most part.

Kozmo

Veteran
New girls in the trailer park

New girls in the trailer park

I would like to roll out the carpet for a couple of little girls that are as new to this as me(unfortunately for them there naturals and I haven't quite developed my green thumb).
Holy Rhodi is there name, just would like to give credit to Redeye Genetics for the Purple Rhodi stud and Greenhouse Seeds credit for their Church female. These berms were larg and in charge. Tiger striped and all. Just wanted to state the facts. Our most honerable Mr. BOG made a statement on a thread I was reading last night "it's not the size it's the magic ;)". Much respect to Mr. BOG as well.
So, three girls were put into motion. One didn't make it. One had transplant problems or just was deformed(probably transplant probs), and the other one is on her way. I take full responsibility for the seed that failed and the reject. I have had seed popping issues lately and there seemed to be a curse over me, yeah that's it... Never had problems before but I lost 6 of another strain before these and I'm sure it's just me. Any way, these two girls are in my cabinet. They look a little lime/gold colored and a friend of mine thought they could be N deficient. He very well could be right. My local organic soil is a little low in N.

Any suggestions on how to address this anyone?

On another note, I've been considering a kelp foliar for the girls but when I received the Xtreme CalCarb foliar booster I couldn't resist. So the ladies got that and won't recover another foliar for 36 hours(instructions say best if left on for 36 hours for best results).

I'm thinking an alfalfa tea. What kind of Tea ingredients or process would help to break down the Alfalfa Meal, so the Tricontanol is more available? I'm wanting to do a alfalfa, EWC, molasses tea. Not sure of the ratios to use on these tiny girls.

Last edited:

Kozmo

Veteran
Directions from MM:

quote=Kozmo; I am wanting to make a brew of alfalfa, EWC, and molasses. Just don't know the amounts to use for such young plants. Here is a pic and you can see the apparent need for Nitrogen. I'm curious to know the brew time for this as well. 24-36 hours, does it make a difference? I would like my Protozoa to be balanced out in numbers along with my bacteria. I am using a KIS 5 gallon brewer if it makes a difference(not sure why it would or not) and plan on using my 400 micron bags also.[/QUOTE]

1/2 cup alfalfameal per gallon with a teaspoon of black strap molasses per gallon; 1/2 tablespoon/gallon ordinary kelpmeal if you have it.
Run the unit for 24 hours; strain, especially if applying to foliage. If applying to foliage we usually dilute with non-chlorinated water 1:1.
If applying to young seedlings dilute 2 parts water: 1 part tea.
Include vermicompost only if doing soil/media drench and not if spraying foliage. (1/2 cup per gallon)

Spraying foliage works for nitrogen assimilation. I spray until thoroughly covered. For yellowing plants I have sprayed 3 to 4 times per day. This is more a nutrient tea and expecting a good microbial population is not likely.

Use of the 400 um bags is not necessary. You can see a good method of straining using a 5 gallon paint strainer on my youtube channel regarding the mini-microbulator.

Kozmo

Veteran
Alfalfa tea/ Nitrogen fix

Alfalfa tea/ Nitrogen fix

The brew application went well. The PCK looks ready to transplant. To bad the build isn't ready for her. I decided to trim the bottom of her and shock her a little before transplant. One way or the other I believe after she gets over that trim job she'll blow up. I noticed a couple bottom leaves yellowing. An indication of low nitrogen levels maybe. Definitely not over watering. Been being very careful. I gave her a little stronger dose then the recommended dilution for our young Holy Rhodi's. Cleaned up and around cabinet(not that anyone cares). Also gave the airpot a healthy dose of tea. This thing is ready to have some cannobus planted into it as well. Let me know what ya think of the tr job if you happen to stumble in.

Kozmo

Veteran
Rhodi update

Rhodi update

After giving the girls there feeding last night I am hoping they get a more desirable green. The PCK seemed to respond. Hard to say with the younglings. To tell you the truth I didn't notice till a friend said something about them needing some N. I was just thinking that they were of a different strain so just let it be. Thank you TM, now lets see if I can turn it around.

Received oyster flour and brixs blend basalt today from BuildASoil. Thank god for there wonderful packaging and usage of thick mil bags. Had an accident and they went down ten or so steps and not a spec was lost. No harm, no foul.

Going to keep a daily pic of these Rhodi's till I'm on top of the problem. Sorry if it gets redundant.

Kozmo

Veteran
Wanna hear something weird? I applied that last tea a couple nights ago and have been only keeping the soil moist with RO water since and the gnats have all but disappeared. I haven't even gotten my neem oil in the mail yet. WTF? Whatever there really not around. Maybe I saw one but not like how they were.

Took a pic of the Holy Rhodi. Not much change at all. The PCK is really starting to have some seriouse water intake. Drying that container out faster and faster. Did a little mix tonight and when I say little I'm talking 16 oz. I only have these three small girls and I'm not wasting product. I did a mix of coconut water, FulPower, and Agisl16H. I substituted puréed seed sprouts with the coconut water cuz I haven't got around to sprouting at all. One day...

Have to get this build on. PCK is outgrowing cabinet.

I just had an idea. Cloan her! Ill snip off her top and make a clone. Is this a bad idea for her maturity? Please, if any one knows fill me in.

Last edited:

Former Guest

When they get something like 5 or 6 nodes, they should be okay to top but it is harder to root I hear but makes the best clones. Clone her out and share with friends if you don't have space. Taking the tips of plants slows then down a bit and should buy you some time. Plus it's good to help others.

Kozmo

Veteran
I believe the PCK is going to get root bound pretty quick here. Going to have to transfer her to the airpot. Topping her wouldn't be a bad idea I'm sure. I wanted her for a mother any ways. Maybe I could top her and bend her over(sounds kinky) to keep her out of my T5's. I have to do some research yet to find out the healthiest way to go about doing this.

Former Guest

Some girls like it when you tie them down and take their tops off. :D

If you top her she will focus on branching out and she should be much shorter. Plus then you can pinch the tips for more colas further controlling height ;)