What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scratching My Way To Harvest....Hopefully.

Former Guest

the plants are showing N deficiencies with a few yellowing leaves and I realized I have been researching BM and treating with neem and there has been no actual food given to them hahaha. can't forget that... so many things to learn with little time.

plus reading hundreds of pages a week for these classes I'm taking, I seriously worn out...or skull fucked...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL. So many of my posts disappear these days. Perhaps I'll learn something from it hehe

Former Guest

it's been five days since the last treatment of avid and I haven't done anything to them since except give them the compost tea as well as taking some of the tea and watering it down with some yucca and a crushed up aspirin for a foliar spray. thought this could be hokey but wtf do I got to lose. I checked the two worst plants today going over the worst effected branches and I didn't see anything moving, lots of little, little orange dots which I am assuming are dried up eggs. they were about the size of the critter on the video, maybe a smidge smaller. I did find this though:
picture.php

looks much bigger than what I've been seeing. the leaves and branches have fine little bits of dirt from the dunks so I've seen some weird things under the scope and ruled them out. this though was a bit scary to find. this was the only one and when I tried to go back and find it when I moved the scope, I couldn't so I think it is stuck to my pajama pants :D or my finger. or it's on the floor of the garden....yay.

Former Guest

so after searching for images of broad mite eggs, cyclamen mite eggs, and regular spider mite eggs for size, shape and color comparison, I'm not fully convinced that this is an egg as the shot wasn't focused very well and when I was looking at other things that were white, they ended up being pieces of perlite or something from the dirt because the edges were angled and not what you see for an egg. this is rather elliptical which is the shape of the BM/CM eggs and google says that they should be translucent in color? it was rather difficult to gather info on the eggs themselves. from pics though, they seem to be a clear/milky color and not as white as this, as well as being much much smaller showing pics of them next to the actual broad mites which are bigger but still smaller than what I'm seeing. if I had gotten the chance to refocus the scope on it as I was trying to do before I lost it, I think I would've found it was perlite.

I hoping to go over the girls again later today as there is so many interuptions. the soapy spray down seems to have helped them get the horti oil off and I'm hoping there will be less leaf drop. 75% of them are happy looking with the exception of two or three leaves drying from horti oil. after I'm done checking them, I'm spraying them down again with more soap spray. I would use Nuke Em but they seem so fragile....maybe I should just use the lighter dose?

Former Guest

so I went out to my garden and spent maybe ten minutes before I came across some eggs. they're small and look like milky pearls. they're eggs. for sure and they're BM. I want to go down to that collective and give them more than just a piece of my mind. at first I thought they got fucked just like it did but after talking to them on separate occasions, I'm sure they AT LEAST had suspicions the clones were dirty when they sold them. I am also pissed at myself but not nearly as much as them.

it's kinda hard to see because they're clearish. this is on the tip of tiny new growth yet to open
picture.php

on the stem of new growth fan
picture.php

I also did this today
picture.php

I'm fucking pissed these chems didn't work and I'm pissed that I'm going to have to cull them. and I'm pissed because once again my mom is going to tell me I suck at growing and I should stop. I'm pissed because I have no more money to throw at this. I'm pissed because I just spent over $400 to make my new bloom room AC cooled. I'm pissed at every thing.

Miraculous Meds

So did u apply the avid twice then?

Why do u say it didn't work?

U have maybe found eggs, but no living mites?

Slow ur roll if u haven't found any mites, my guess is it worked.

Keep an eye on them, and prove ur mom wrong.

Former Guest

I would assume that living mites would lay eggs since I treated with avid twice and the second time I used a very heavy dormant horti oil which should of killed off eggs and anything else the avid didn't get. then I used a soapy spray with dr bronners which should kill eggs shouldn't it? these eggs should be yellow/amber in color right? everything should be dead but I still see good eggs? nothing is moving.

vapor

Veteran
Give them a week or so and monitor them, before you cull. You may just need another application...
I love seeds! Lots of lessons in growing, you get down for a min then Bamalam. You learn from this experience and it makes you a better grower. We all fail, learn apply keep on trucking!

Former Guest

think I am going to try a heat treatment one more time. I am going to go and borrow as many space heaters as I can to put outside the grow room so the garage is warmer. it's 46F right now but our day temps get up to 60 atm. sure doesn't feel like 60F with the winds and such but it's a bit nipply.

I am going to go to the hydro store who has loaner ballasts and see if they will let me loan one out with a deposit. they might not because they know I got the BM but it's worth asking. I have an extra reflector that will give me 3 light sockets so I can run 3000w if I get the loaner or 2400 without.

I can run cords out of the room through a hole in the wall and so the temp can be regulated with that by unplugging and plugging it back in with me sitting there watching over it. ballasts are also outside the room so I can unplug them as well if needed. also, and this is a big plus, I have a peep hole on the door to the room so I can watch the plants really well.

the plants will probably not all make it as some are really damaged from the horti oil. but some of them are doing really well.

I'm also reading about using beneficials as I want to get the calfornicus predatory mite or something... I want it to work with obgiowar or botanigard so that makes my choices a bit limited. also can't find too much info on it either.

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

I would bet that u killed the mites, the eggs maybe survived. Id spray an ovalcide one more time to kill the eggs and monitor for a few days to a week and if I saw nothing would feel confident that everything is eradicated. Im confident if u were thorough, like by the way u documented ,u were, then everything is dead.

Heat and oil don't mix. skip the heat treatment and just go for something to kill the eggs one more time. U have this nailed I believe. Ive see those little bulbs ur calling eggs and they might be, but they might just be a tiny trich bulb also.

So to sum up, egg killer, monitor 3 to 7 days and go for it. just my opinion of course cause this is ur grow, but ive been down this route before and that's the best advice I have for u.

If u want to go extreme like the avid, then forbid is the ovalcide id use, cause its rated to kill broads/cyclamens and is an egg killer.

gl

Former Guest

I am very concerned that the horti oil will hurt the plants in the heat treatment, however, I sprayed them down well with the soapy spray which really did help so maybe I could spray them down again before doing the heat treatment? that would help with eggs and getting them clean. then the heat would treat the whole room plus anything I missed; eggs included. the heat treatment is recommended by ag sites but they suggest using water.

I thought about using another chem but since the collective has already sprayed them with forbid and floramite, I thought that maybe I should try something else. thanks!

Former Guest

also, the life cycle of the broad mite says they would be adults by weeks end and then it would be harder to kill them so fast action is necessary right? so these eggs should hatch any time now and I will then have larvae, then juveniles, then the adults in 7 days time from laid till adult.

JointOperation

quarantine .. when getting anything from ANYONE.. remember everyone LIES.. and will say they don't have anything. wether they even know they have shit or not..

this is the main reason id ont like taking clones.. I was even skeptical of getting the GG4 because I didn't wana contaminate my mom room.

Former Guest

I did for a week but never again am I going to because they looked fine the entire week and even two weeks into veg.

do you think it could be trich's I'm seeing at 5 weeks vegged on a petiole? those little round things on the petiole in the pic?
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Yes I think that is quite possible tiny trich's.

I see those all the time when there are no pests.

that's why I believe there is a decent chance they aren't eggs.

Former Guest

well I hope so as I don't see them every where but only once in a while. I found one on a healthier plant that looks like this
picture.php

but then I see these on the undersides of leaves
picture.php

picture.php

stayed awake all last night looking for info and pics. I couldn't find any info really about trichs in veg with only two comments about veg trichs where people said there was trichs in veg and I found a butt load of people saying trichs are in flower and info only about trichs in flower. ICMAG has a trich 101 but it doesn't say anything about when they start to form just that there are 3 types.

Latest posts

Latest posts