What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone seen this?

tommygh

Just wanted to say that the weaker plant is now starting to grow a pretty healthy stem, and it looks like she's gonna' produce. I think we can file this thread, "Case Closed."

MJBadger

Veteran
Before you close I did say I`d help you to post big pics , can`t PM you yet till you get to 50posts .
Your pics are clearly showing now so here goes with the big ones .

Advanced post , above right is a button Forum Albums , clk on that then clk on album , clk on pic . At the bottom of the pic will be 2 codes , select & highlight/copy the one with [IMG] . Close album & paste [IMG] code in your post .

TIP , with big pics DO NOT paste codes next to each other , it will screw the width of the thread , post underneath each other then select preview .

Give it a try & see how it goes , plants are beginning to look good . There are some real good growers on this site & ANY problem you have can be sorted, do not be afraid to ask .

edit , I see running back through the thread you may have sussed out the pics .

tommygh

Hi MJ, that's pretty much what I used to do, but I copied both URLs. Maybe that was the mistake. Let me know if this works:

picture.php

picture.php

Looks good to me, but pics are with cell. My camera busted, and won't get a new one until next week. Then I'll post another set. Let me know what you see? The help here is phenomenal. Thanks.

tommygh

I used you're sticky link, which took me to the right spot. Next week, I'll try just copying the
URLs, and hopefully that'll work the same

A

acridlab

i think its a mutation in the plant itself, more than an external problem.. i popped some cc 818 headband and some came out like that.. they grew slower than the others but eventually grew out of it.. they just didn't develop correctly in the seedpod..

tommygh

That's what happened to me. The 2nd seed popped later, and after 6 hours it really hadn't shown any root, but I planted anyway. Like you said, mine's growing slower, but she's getting stronger, with a lot of new leaves. Oddly enough there was more root coming out the bottom of the pot on my 2nd plant, and there was one rather large long one. Thanks for the support, think I'll keep the thread open, if nothing else to at least post more pics as things progress.

Mahalo

igrowone

Veteran
your pics are showing up nice now, looking good
i get emotionally attached to plants i follow, so keep posting if you want to

tommygh

Thanks Grow. I'll definitely post ore pics next week. I can't seem to open you current grow pics, probably because I'm still a n00b.

igrowone

Veteran
Thanks Grow. I'll definitely post ore pics next week. I can't seem to open you current grow pics, probably because I'm still a n00b.

could be, that grow link isn't current anyways
and my last plant wasn't worth looking at
bad luck with some S1 genetics
others were good, the last one wasn't

tommygh

Up until 7 years ago, I only used to buy, but I've haven't smoked since then, largely due to work, and no supply (sounds crazy right, Hawaii?). I could never see myself cruising Waikiki looking for some shake. Now I have the time to devote to my new hobby. I hope that it's something I can master. There's so many people here with years of experience, I'm sure I'll make it happen. I can't even imagine what it will feel like to smoke again, but I hope it knocks me on my ass.

What's with the wild auto-correct? I can't tell you how many times I fed my girls my nuts.

igrowone

Veteran
took a reread to get that, pretty good
the autocorrect can slip things in, i think you can turn it off
and pretty much the same deal, very little medication for a very long time, urine tests do kind of kill it
i've found growing not to be too hard, though occasionally problems will pop up
usually during experiments when you try something new

tommygh

Yes, my nutes are my nuts, but I got all of them. I've only experienced one test, and I used "Something" Green I think, and it worked great. I'm sure in time there will be a lot more remedies available. I added nutes to my vocabulary, so that problem's solved.

****They should hang Putin by the nutes!!!!!****

tommygh

Hi Werner, it's too late for me to top my 1st Plant. I read that you have to top before you LST. I've already started with the LST on her. As for the 2nd Plant, there really isn't a main stem. What I've got is 2 shoots of leaves going in opposite directions. If they start to grow straight up, and develop some tops, then I can try topping before LST. I'll post more pics towards the end of next week.

IGrO, how and where on this site do you turn off auto-correct, because mine has gone pretty wacky? Switch the interface to Basic or Standard, I'm using Enhanced?

Hi Werner, it's too late for me to top my 1st Plant. I read that you have to top before you LST. I've already started with the LST on her. As for the 2nd Plant, there really isn't a main stem. What I've got is 2 shoots of leaves going in opposite directions. If they start to grow straight up, and develop some tops, then I can try topping before LST. I'll post more pics towards the end of next week.

IGrO, how and where on this site do you turn off auto-correct, because mine has gone pretty wacky? Switch the interface to Basic or Standard, I'm using Enhanced?

yeah, i've heard the "no top with/after LST".
i call BS- i have done both and my plant looks great

tommygh

Lol. Right now I don't have any tops. 1st plant has a beautiful leafy growth on top, but I'm sure something will develop. The LST results look pretty good so far, but I'm not above giving it a shot on my 2nd plant.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
yeah, i've heard the "no top with/after LST".
i call BS- i have done both and my plant looks great

You need to understand what LST it before you make such a comment to new growers. Low Stress Training=LST .......topping right after you LST is defeating the purpose.

Not saying its not possible but, one of the points to LST is to keep your tops.

tommygh

Hi Art, makes sense. I don't see the point. That's what I'm hoping for, a lot of juicy nodes.

I'm at about day 40, using Fox Farms Ocean Feed, and I just watered after 6-7 days (20% runoff, to get the girls digging for water). My PH is in the 5.5 range. I've read it's best not to feed when using FFOF, but I'm thinking of adding 1tbsp Blood Meal in a couple of days, nothing else. I could also add about 1/4 tbsp bat guano with nitrogen, but boy, that do stink. Well as they say, no pain, no gain...haha.

Any thoughts? I plan to go strictly organic, so I understand your input is based only on what you've learned through the mill, Art.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts