What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MULTI-STRAIN -TREE GROW- UnderCurrent- 30kw hps - 36k BTU AC -

Dutch Treat - OG Kush - Grandoggy Purple -Strawberry Cough-Blue Rhino -Super Lemon Haze -Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze - Sweet Wreck - Grape Ape

Been collecting over past year all the sweetest strains to run in this tree grow.

All the equipment will be here shortly and we will begin my first grow diary....

Pictures will be up shortly but posting this to get input from those who have run either under current systems or tree grows themselves to help shed some light on area's I might have overlooked.

----| |-
o o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
X o X o X
o X o X o
o o

---------
X= Plant
o= 600W Light

The goal is the be able to get the 600W bulb as close to the plant as we can.

As you can see, the plant with the least amount of lights around it has (3x) 600W

with the biggest having (4x) 600W

This will also be my first time running any sort of water culture, I have done ebb n flow for the longest time now.

SO I am building 3 seperate Under Current systems with 35 Gallon totes, 3" PVC, 1950GPH mag drive water pumps per system, and (x4) commercial 1 Ecoplus 18Watt air pumps

Also to fight the rez temps I have (x1) 1.5HP water chiller per system.

To help keep RH% down during flower we have (x4) 70 pint dehumidifiers.

for co2 enrichment we have (x3) 100LB co2 tanks with regulators & (x1) co2 meter / sequencer.

.......more updates to come :)

shredGnar

sounds very cool... check out gettogro's tree grows he rocks it hard.

however.. I gotta say that AC sounds mighty under-powered for 30k...

I've got a 3 ton for a sealed room with cooled hoods with only 8 k, and a co2 generator and it struggles in the summer..

The rule of thumb is 3500-5000 BTU per hood for 1k watts... and even at 1750 BTU a hood thats over 50,000 BTU with just lights, not including other heat sources, dehueys, pumps fans etc.

But hell if you have temps in check don't let me stop you!!

now lets see the pics!!

shred

dan_1

Make sure your ac is calculated for more than you need. Just in case. Make sure those "totes" are hard wall as a Rubbermaid style will "bow" out at the sides with that much water in it.
And make absolutely sure each uc system has a chiller... They're your gold insurance policy in uc systems. With that much water and roots hanging right in there you need cold water. And you can never have too much air (air pump and stones a plenty)...

I currently run 5 X uc 13gal 24 site, and 2 X 8 gal 24 site... 4 rooms and veg...

E

ekomsi

I have a 36,000Btu mini split for 6kw lol not sure how well it will work with 30kw. Good luck and post pics or it never happened.

blähboy

Ich kann nicht warten, um die Ergebnisse zu sehen. Ich bin glücklich, der galaktische Traube wird immer mehr Aufmerksamkeit .. völlig unterschätzt.

6 gleiche posts in 6 verschiedenen freds ^^
meinst du die leute sind blöd ...
du bist der erste der auf meine ignoreliste kommt auf icmag
und ich denke es schliessen sich mir einige an ....

mug

Hello all! sorry for the delay...spent past 2 weeks on vacation now back to business!!

For the AC...I am prepared to have to increase the air conditioning that is one of the variables I have yet to test out. Of course before this room I ran 4kw bare bulb in 12x12 room with only 8kw BTU in-wall AC...so I am hoping for the best, but prepared for the worse :)

The room is 90% complete.

Another issue that I have come across is water flow for the under current systems....I feel that there just isn't enough water movement....Each system has an 1800gph mag drive pump but it just isn't doing the system justice to be honest.
- have any of you who use UC ever hooked up multiple pumps in series with one another to increase flow? or would that have some negative effect?

-----FOR THE PICS---------
I wasn't gonna post up pics until I had a gallery of pics to share.....but mayyybbeee ill post a teaser :)

gettogro

Veteran
I would try these tires in your room. :)

whitewall.jpg

Looks good otherwise

Latest posts

Latest posts