What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fastest strain?

WasntMe

Hey guys. I will be working on a small short film project involving MJ in the late fall.
So what I'm looking for is the fastest strain from seed to harvest. I'm not really concerned with yield, as long as it's not a pathetic yield ... close to average yield is fine.

I figure by now there has to be something as quick or even quicker then the old T44s.

so what strain (from what seed company) would you suggest and how many days to finish?

reddy1

ICMag Donor
sour 60 by mdanzig, autoflower that finishes from 57-65 days from germination, based off of reports i've seen. never have to turn off the lights either, flowers under 24 hour light so that would work well for a filming.

are you going to share the video when you're done? how do you plan on shooting it? 60 days in 60 seconds would be cool.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Critical+ finishes in 45-50 days.
Note: Canna "Boost" makes plants finish about a week earlier in my experience.

lerellion

Theres a strain running around Portland called Pitbull supposd to be one hell of a high and finishes in under 40 and is NOT an auto flower. The breeder's name is stoney girl. I would love to try out this strain but is hard as hell to get ahold of... TThey are clone only and you canonly get he clones if you have an Oregon MMJ card ( I have a WAshington card) and happen to be at an event where stoney girl is giving em away...... BUT I WILL find this strain

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
So, you are doing a film on weed growing, and want to compromise the quality of the grow by using "fast", strain, quality does not matter. Why?

WasntMe

Top 44... 44 days and smoke
Sensiskunk 45 days and smoke

:wave: from bläh

Top44 IS the old T44 I was referring too. Thanks for the input though.

To everyone who has chimed in at this point: Thanks for your input so far. ... but I am still looking so keep giving suggestions.

But since T44 (aka Top44) flowers in 44 days + 2 or 3 weeks for veg ... that basically means 58 to 65 days from seed to harvest. I am looking for strains that I can acquire the seeds of that will have an equal to or faster seed to harvest time frame.

autoflower or not doesn't matter in this situation for me.

I don't really care about yield since it's is more about the look of the film/video ... but watching a pathetic yield just wouldn't be as visually interesting as something that is at least average.

The reason I'm looking for "speed" is that I will only have a certain time frame to film this grow and any day I can shave off will give me one more day to do other post production things like edit. Also have other projects I will be working on. So time IS the issue.

Sour 60 is probably the way to go. Any other strain is going to take about two weeks MINIMUM to begin flowering with 12/12 from seed. Some of mine have taken as much as 32. So even a 45 day strain (pretty uncommon) is going to take about 60 days at least. Sour 60 will finish in two months from seed AND you can leave the lights on as much as you want.

I assume you're trying to make a time lapse? If you want each frame evenly spaced in time and you want to do any more than two per day you'll have to expose the plant to light too often to have 12hr uninterrupted darkness. So again, sour 60 would be your best bet.

hopleaf

50-60 days is probly gonna be your limit. i don't think anything fast exsist, but there are several things you can do to cut down on flower time. products like bushmaster and canna boost as previously mentioned will shave a week maybe two of flower times. you can also suppliment co2 to speed things up. i gave 3ml of bushmaster to a variety i have that normally finishes in about 65-70, and it was done by day 53 of flower. it was a very noticable difference.

Also if you end up using a traditional (non-AF) strain you could drop the light schedule from 12/12 down as few as 6 light/12 dark once buds start to form to rush the flowering cycle. This will give the plants 9 "days" per week and you can shorten the flowering time up by ~20%. You will get a smaller plant and less bud, probably worse quality, but that's the trade off.

I'm currently trying out a 9 light/12 dark schedule with the expectation of finishing an 8 week-er in just seven.

If you don't have a 7-day timer you could try something like 10 light/14 dark I've heard the extra hours of darkness will cause the plant to mature a little faster (although again with less growth).

Greenmopho

Use Bushmaster, will cut down 2 weeks from your flowering time, but will also keep them from stretching, which might not look so good on film....