What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tumble Now Rotator Dry Sifting Machine

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As Chamba has noted, there are any number of ways to enjoy concentrates!

The key point, is that concentrates are special enough to be efficacious, so any efforts expended toward harvesting and enjoying them is time well spent.

Regardless of what your tumbler produces, it can be carded to higher concentration, and trichomes in general produce excellent medicinal effects.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bulénath

Dissapointed...

Dissapointed...

After investing $400 (after shipping), I am not happy to receive my Tumbler Now which has a single large TEAR in the bottom screen, with many snags around it.

What a let down, as I was counting the days until it finally arrived.

Also, my Tumbler Now looks as if it has been dropped because the smooth wood finish on the bottom has a large splinter sticking out of it.

I really don't mind the splinter so much... but a huge tear in my screen??? I wanted to use this thing today so I can make my Cannabutter (with after-sift materials) since I can't smoke anything due to a lung infection!

So Bubbleman, how do I go about returning the bottom screen and getting a new one?
This item took the last of my money for this month, so I am hoping one will be provided free of shipping/returning costs?

Please let me know how to resolve this problem. Much thanks!

On a side note, everything is working well and seems to be perfectly fine. except for the two aforementioned problems.
Although it is obvious I should contact Aqualab, and will, this thread is the largest I have found regarding this product. This thread is also my inspiration for the $400.00 investment.

So it seems best that others should know about these problems I have encountered, and what kind of remedies Bubbleman and/or Aqualab will provide.

Hope to hear from you soon Bubbleman!

Aloha,

Bulenath

C

Chamba

It's a shame about the splinter and screen tear, it must of happened during transport to your house. I'd suggest emailing the company you bought it from and they should make good with a replacement screen, in most instances like this they usually require photos of the damage, but I guess they will ask you if required.....let us all know how it eventually all works out

Bulénath

Aloha Chamba,
Yeah it is quite a shame. Aqualab is the only place that carries this, no?
Either way, it was bought from Aqualab and shipped via UPS. The packaging was pretty good so it seems unlikely that this happened during transit.

When the unit is running, there is a clicking noise upon every full rotation.
I haven't used the screen at all, but so far have run the thing for about an hour total. My my, the end result is impressive! It beats the hell out of shaking the trim manually!

And the end result is a full melt! The sift bubbles up and melts down very nicely when smoked (I broke down and took a single hit although my lungs are in bad shape).

So over all I am happy with the unit. It is beautiful, elegant, simple, and pretty easy to operate. Now, if only I can get a replacement screen from Aqualab.

On that same note, I agree with the suggestion that replacement screens should be available in different sizes.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Mine doesnt make a 'clicking noise'. Im beginning to wonder about QC. I dont see how poor handling could cause a tear in the screen.

Unless ace ventura was your delievery man.

0.jpg

Dianamite

After investing $400 (after shipping), I am not happy to receive my Tumbler Now which has a single large TEAR in the bottom screen, with many snags around it.

What a let down, as I was counting the days until it finally arrived.

Also, my Tumbler Now looks as if it has been dropped because the smooth wood finish on the bottom has a large splinter sticking out of it.

Bulenath

Hi Bulenath,

I'm sorry to hear about this damage - we have had some problems where the tumbling cylinder shifts around inside the machine during shipping and damages the screen. This is our first run of these machines and we will be improving the packaging design in the future.

Can you please email me some photos of the damage to manager at freshheadies dot com? The Tumble Now is a Fresh Headies product and we certainly stand behind our products and will replace anything that is defective. Please do NOT send us the used or damaged item.

If you'd like to speak in person, feel free to call our toll free number: 1-866-635-8464

Diana
Manager
Fresh Headies

C

Chamba

That's Tex Cobb with Ace Ventura.

He was/is as hard as nails and was quick with a quip.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_"Tex"_Cobb

"After piling up nine straight wins as a kickboxer, he entered the world of professional boxing. His boxing debut was on January 21, 1977, in El Paso, Texas, where he knocked out Pedro Vega. Cobb went on to win 13 straight fights by 1979, all by KO. On November 26, 1982, he fought champion boxer Larry Holmes for the WBC World Heavyweight title at Houston's Astrodome. Cobb suffered a unanimous decision defeat at the hands of Holmes, who won all 15 rounds on two of three scorecards. The bloody one-sidedness of the fight so horrified sportscaster Howard Cosell that he vowed never to cover another professional match, which Cobb jokingly referred to as his "gift to the sport of boxing."[3] His sense of humor was revealed when he was asked if he would consider a rematch. Cobb quipped that he did not think that Holmes would agree, as Holmes' "hands could not take it...."

"....In January 2008 at age 57, Cobb graduated magna cum laude from Temple University with a bachelor's degree in sport and recreation management. He remarked that it was odd to hear the cheers of a packed arena without being in a boxing ring. "It was nice to have that opportunity to wear a robe, to step up there and not have to worry about bleeding," Cobb said.[5]

here's a recent interview
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/2074/tex-cobb-real-contender/

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Seabass was apparently some badass hockey player too.

Its good to read that it is a shipping problem, and that it should be resolved.

Dkgrower

Veteran
Make ya own its very easy and much more fun

just made a new one with a 80my net that fits neatly into a freezzer

Bulénath

Hi Bulenath,

I'm sorry to hear about this damage - we have had some problems where the tumbling cylinder shifts around inside the machine during shipping and damages the screen. This is our first run of these machines and we will be improving the packaging design in the future.

Can you please email me some photos of the damage to manager at freshheadies dot com? The Tumble Now is a Fresh Headies product and we certainly stand behind our products and will replace anything that is defective. Please do NOT send us the used or damaged item.

If you'd like to speak in person, feel free to call our toll free number: 1-866-635-8464

Diana
Manager
Fresh Headies

Aloha Dianamite,
Thank you for your very quick reply. I really appreciate the help!

Today I sent a bunch of pictures along with a letter to the manager at Freshheadies.com, though I forgot to mention it was purchased from Aqualab in the letter.

I look foward to hearing from you soon:) Again, thank you for your help!

Aloha,
Bulenath

JRace

Ran a couple of quick loads last night. Decent return given I am using trim-pro timings.
I was surprised how small the unit is!

What is the max amount of trim you can run at one time?
The (very minimal) instructions state 1.5 oz's. I was sure I read somewhere 150grms....but I am unable to confirm that.

C

Chamba

I was surprised how small the unit is!

the capacity of the Tumble Now is very similar to the regular O'kief and Pollenator tumbler size.

Maybe Tumble Now will bring out larger capacity models in the future.

Dorje113

Packaging engineering is it's own discipline, and not a trivial aspect of the product design.

I'll be ordering one for x-mas...

JRace

Packaging engineering is it's own discipline, and not a trivial aspect of the product design.

I'll be ordering one for x-mas...
True!
I found this out last year when I unboxed some MartinLogan Electrostatic speakers...packaging to the extreme!

I have now run ~500grams through the tumble now, done in various size loads from 150gram - 75grams. Around 100grams (for the trim i am using) seemed to give the best yield.

I also ran different times from 5 min to 35 per load.

All in all I have collected:

30gram low-grade (6%)
6gram hi-grade (1.2%)
---------------------------------
36gram total (7.2%)

The trim is from both Purple Kush and Green Crack, and taken straight from the Spin-Pro machines and dried. So not premo starting material by any stretch.

So far the low-grade does have less than great taste, but is potent and will be sued in edibles. The Hi-grade is better tasting, smoother and noticeable more potent. Given the quality of my starting product (and length of time in the tumbler) I am not surprised by the taste issues, and look forward to testing again after curing.

Any recommendations for curing Dry-sift?

N

NicholasSmokes

The Fresh Headies packaging of the Tumble Now is horrible. It say Fresh Headies in big letters on two sides of the box. Inside, the Tumble Now is not wrapped. They put in styrofoam blocks to protect it, but they had largely crumbled. My kitchen and my Tumble Now were covered in tiny white static clingy pieces of styrofoam. Truly a pain in the ass to cleanup. It was in every nook and cranny of the Tumble Now.

That said, I love the Tumble Now. I had a few ounces of potent bud that was way too dry for smoking. I have Bubble Bags, but making bubble hash is just too much lifting, etc for my old back. Tumble Now to the rescue!

I've never bought or sold pure resin (nor do I plan to), but I'm curious what it goes for?

If I plan to tumble my buds, should I bother trimming them at all or just dry them untrimmed?

B

Beerdo

I have safely exceeded the 150gram limit . Tossed a half p of beasters in for about 30 mins and got a pretty decent haul. I agree with ShroomDr it seems to be a volume thing, about half full is as much as I've done. Also been working my way through some friends trimmings and have about a half of a mason jar filled so far. Pretty happy with this thing so far. :tiphat: